IGNORED

Quoted 25000 baht for an OA retirement Visa

Tigers2017

53 minutes ago, davidge said:

Yes.

Plus the extra paperwork, obviously. :-)

Yes, that additional paperwork in the USA is very cumbersome. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

Yes, that additional paperwork in the USA is very cumbersome. 

yes just found this on top of all the documents you need instructions 

image.thumb.png.f1dbcac5dc42303c7769ba231c79f224.png

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

6 hours ago, talung66 said:

yes just found this on top of all the documents you need instructions 

image.thumb.png.f1dbcac5dc42303c7769ba231c79f224.png

It wasn't necessary to get the documents notarized when I went through the process in 2017, but the procedure may now have changed in the US.

On 06/04/2019 at 06:35, talung66 said:

My mate just went home to do it but couldn't wait for the police report that was 2 weeks.

Not sure where the 2 weeks came from, unless he had a problem with it.

I got mine by applying over the internet, arrived in less than 1 minute.

21 minutes ago, GorGuy said:

I think you will find out that it depends on which country you live in. In Australia, a few years ago, when I applied it took a couple of weeks and cost $50.

1 hour ago, Sexyfarangman said:

It wasn't necessary to get the documents notarized when I went through the process in 2017, but the procedure may now have changed in the US.

from looking high and low the procedures are different from official website to official web site county to country and even state to state in my case of looking

i even got a pamphlet in the sydney immigration office they hand out that contradicts the website.

31 minutes ago, Jarrod2518 said:

I think you will find out that it depends on which country you live in. In Australia, a few years ago, when I applied it took a couple of weeks and cost $50.

7 minutes ago, talung66 said:

from looking high and low the procedures are different from official website to official web site county to country and even state to state in my case of looking

i even got a pamphlet in the sydney immigration office they hand out that contradicts the website.

I understand the confusion. Things are real simple now in Australia, with regard to police check certificate.

Australia Nationwide, fit2work instant checks.  fit2work.com.au

National Police Check Certificate.

I got mine for QLD, from the fit2work website you can also apply for NSW, look at the fit2work.com.au website and it will tell you , that you can apply nationwide.

Quote from the Police website:

National Police Certificate

The National Police Certificate is based on a search of the person’s name against the criminal history records held by police services Australia-wide. This is most often sought for employment, study or overseas travel visa purposes.

You can apply for a National Police Certificate either online or in person. Online applications include online payment, ID verification and delivery. Applications that do not require any further investigation can be completed within an hour. To apply online, click the button below.

Submit online application

(This link will open the online application form, hosted by Australia Post.)

Cost is still about $50 ish (if I remember correctly)

I got mine in January 2018 (last year). Applied on-line, got an email with a .pdf certificate, Instant response, no waiting.

All the best

11 hours ago, Sexyfarangman said:

Right, but the extension stay requires the 800K in a Thai bank account whereas repeating the non-immigration procedure every year in your home country only requires that you have the 800K equivalent in your home country bank account.

Not, 800k is not required. It's only required for one method to get your extension.

Monthly transfers of at least 65k are enough, or embassy letter if you can get one.

ok someone here said ubonjoe on thai visa is the visa guy so i asked him a question this explains things well IMO for me as an australian

1. When applying for the OA visa the funds has to be the equivalent of 800k baht in AUD.

2. When you extend your last one year entry from the OA visa the 800k baht will need be in a Thai bank for 2 months on the date your apply.

The equivalent can be in a foreign currency deposit account in a Thai bank.

You will not need to worry about the extension for almost 2 years if you leave and re-enter the country just before the visa expires to get a new one year entry. After the visa expires you would need a re-entry permit to keep that last entry valid if you want to travel.

cheers under stood now the visa is multiple entry for a year . So if i return close to the  last day of expiry you get another year.

But if i leave i need to have a reentry permit to keep that last year entry valid.

correct

2 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Not, 800k is not required. It's only required for one method to get your extension.

Monthly transfers of at least 65k are enough, or embassy letter if you can get one.

When I got mine in 2017, it was 800K bank account equivalent or 65K baht per month equivalent. However, I'm not sure if they still accept the income verification. My impression is that the income verification is no longer a valid method.

52 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

When I got mine in 2017, it was 800K bank account equivalent or 65K baht per month equivalent. However, I'm not sure if they still accept the income verification. My impression is that the income verification is no longer a valid method.

It’s still a valid method BUT some consulates, including UK, USA & Australia no longer provide ‘Proof of income’ Letters. There is a new system, requiring at least 65000 baht transferred to a Thai bank account EVERY month for those of us unable to get the letters. The system is still settling in so we wait to see how it works.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, talung66 said:

ok someone here said ubonjoe on thai visa is the visa guy so i asked him a question this explains things well IMO for me as an australian

1. When applying for the OA visa the funds has to be the equivalent of 800k baht in AUD.

2. When you extend your last one year entry from the OA visa the 800k baht will need be in a Thai bank for 2 months on the date your apply.

The equivalent can be in a foreign currency deposit account in a Thai bank.

You will not need to worry about the extension for almost 2 years if you leave and re-enter the country just before the visa expires to get a new one year entry. After the visa expires you would need a re-entry permit to keep that last entry valid if you want to travel.

cheers under stood now the visa is multiple entry for a year . So if i return close to the  last day of expiry you get another year.

But if i leave i need to have a reentry permit to keep that last year entry valid.

correct

No idea why you went to another forum :Crazy1:

You’d already got the correct answers on here :GoldenSmile1:

Some of us here do know what we’re talking about :hello10:

56 minutes ago, davidge said:

It’s still a valid method BUT some consulates, including UK, USA & Australia no longer provide ‘Proof of income’ Letters. There is a new system, requiring at least 65000 baht transferred to a Thai bank account EVERY month for those of us unable to get the letters. The system is still settling in so we wait to see how it works.

But if you're applying in the US, I'm not sure if the local Thai consulates will accept income verification. 

3 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

But if you're applying in the US, I'm not sure if the local Thai consulates will accept income verification. 

Different countries can have different rules. In the UK it’s still possible to show monthly income for previous 6 months rather than 800000 baht equivalent in your bank account.

More changes coming in the Thai Visa application.

Visa from Thai Embassy,London online.

If you have any query about visa, whether you need a visa and how to apply, the types of visa, visa fees, and supporting documents, please kindly visit http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services

Visa from Thai Embassy, London.

**E-visa application**

The Royal Thai Government is working to improve our immigration system and visa application procedure, by introducing E-visa application. Like UK visa application, applicants will be required to fill in application form and submit their documents online, then make an appointment for a visit to the Embassy. From May 2019, visa applicants in the UK and Ireland have to apply online. Let us see how it works.

https://thaievisa.go.th/Images/sliders/e-visa.mp4

Having to make an appointment for a visit to the Embassy is not what i would call an improvement.

This year my nephew got a Non-Imm O, all done by post.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

On 16/04/2019 at 09:56, GorGuy said:

CC8E59D4-1CB7-4DF5-BA0B-7592B2B5BE99.thumb.png.e33b48868117cc759a08861caac15f2c.png

An AFP check can take up to 20 working days. 

On 16/04/2019 at 11:39, GorGuy said:

I understand the confusion. Things are real simple now in Australia, with regard to police check certificate.

Australia Nationwide, fit2work instant checks.  fit2work.com.au

National Police Check Certificate.

I got mine for QLD, from the fit2work website you can also apply for NSW, look at the fit2work.com.au website and it will tell you , that you can apply nationwide.

Quote from the Police website:

5 hours ago, thumper64 said:

CC8E59D4-1CB7-4DF5-BA0B-7592B2B5BE99.thumb.png.e33b48868117cc759a08861caac15f2c.png

An AFP check can take up to 20 working days. 

Thanks guys 

Now there seems to be different places for police checks.

Bottom line is  what one will the thai consulate take at a minimum. gather the AFP national police check is fine for $98 The consulate only says certificate. I gather any thing official will do. but i have found similar for $42image.png.001db463b4f67f17b2d46c8bce901b7e.png

Gorguy i to have a fit for work account already that the SCG sent me a link to complete and now following up it the free service one for a Employer that has the account .

i have the bronze one though for  $45 it can be upgraded to gold  

Did you actually use this in a  VISA application  OR are you just mentioning the fact as to me it looks just for work purposes in australia and is electronic i gather 

image.thumb.png.33b4f2b2fc3dcb98dcf94c8293493fa5.png

found this on the AFP site gather won't need to fingerprint one.

image.png.b38bb13ba3c5ab0720e5f9b1410104de.png

And i found this for getting it at the the post office

image.png.cac209ba27d27f13e90dc25bbb40c978.png

I know you guys have been talking about Australia, but just for info the Thai Embassy in London now has a link on it’s website to the UK Police check that they accept. It’s especially for work in certain overseas countries etc and is different to the ones usually obtained for work in the UK. From what I can see (and I haven’t looked in too much detail) it includes things that would usually be exempt by the UK Rehabilitation of Offenders act. It looks as if the Police have come up with their own rules that don’t actually follow that act.

7 hours ago, thumper64 said:

2 hours ago, talung66 said:

There seems to be a few options.

The option I took was fit2work / Australia Post. $49.90 and done within minutes. Resultant document sent to my email as a .pdf file.

Police Check Result

Hello GorGuy

Your Police Check has now been processed and is attached for your records.

Your Check Reference Number is: xxxxxxxxx
If you need to download your certificate again, you can do so clicking here.

Got questions? Just give us a call during office hours (AEST) on 1300 525 525 or you can email [email protected] and we'll get back to you. 

Thanks,
Australia Post 

pc_0002.jpg.68da5903e927ba6e8a614e367b67b835.jpg

pc_0001.jpg.c759df75f5549ede736ef2cf7fb8ce52.jpg

39 minutes ago, GorGuy said:

There seems to be a few options.

The option I took was fit2work / Australia Post. $49.90 and done within minutes. Resultant document sent to my email as a .pdf file.

Police Check Result

Hello GorGuy

Your Police Check has now been processed and is attached for your records.

Your Check Reference Number is: xxxxxxxxx
If you need to download your certificate again, you can do so clicking here.

Got questions? Just give us a call during office hours (AEST) on 1300 525 525 or you can email [email protected] and we'll get back to you. 

Thanks,
Australia Post 

pc_0002.jpg.68da5903e927ba6e8a614e367b67b835.jpg

pc_0001.jpg.c759df75f5549ede736ef2cf7fb8ce52.jpg

ok now I got it you applied for the fit to work via the post office online ( not the fit to work site direct)

I just looked may take only 2 hours for process.though in my case i will still need to show up it the post office. With  the form filled fill out to show as one of my ID needs visual approval

image.png.b7b7c560e48edb3d5fac2884e97d9454.png

just like the NEW  passport application i am doing now 

Just to update on getting a Non-immigrant O visa on the basis of retirement in the UK:

I’ve spoken again to the Thai Consulate in Cardiff and they still say they can only give this Visa to people who are in receipt of a State Pension BUT both the Thai Embassy website and the Hull Consulate website now say it is also available if you are over 50 and can show a minimum of £10000 in your bank account for 3 months. I’m not sure when this was changed. I haven’t spoken to either to confirm this. The websites of the other Thai consulates in the UK are pretty basic and I can’t find any details on them.

So, I guess, it’s worth checking if you can actually get a Non-O in the UK if you think it may suit your plans.

9 hours ago, davidge said:

Just to update on getting a Non-immigrant O visa on the basis of retirement in the UK:

I’ve spoken again to the Thai Consulate in Cardiff and they still say they can only give this Visa to people who are in receipt of a State Pension BUT both the Thai Embassy website and the Hull Consulate website now say it is also available if you are over 50 and can show a minimum of £10000 in your bank account for 3 months. I’m not sure when this was changed. I haven’t spoken to either to confirm this. The websites of the other Thai consulates in the UK are pretty basic and I can’t find any details on them.

So, I guess, it’s worth checking if you can actually get a Non-O in the UK if you think it may suit your plans.

I got mine with my company pension statement only...but that was 6 years ago :Oops1:

36 minutes ago, petermik said:

I got mine with my company pension statement only...but that was 6 years ago :Oops1:

Yes, it was allowed then but then changed (3/4 years ago??) to State Pension only. I haven’t seen this in any other country, only in the UK. I decided to check again over the weekend and noticed the Hull Consulate & London Embassy had changed their websites again to show the £10k option. I phoned Cardiff this morning and they insist they can still only issue the Non-O with a State Pension :Dunno1:

Yes, it was allowed then but then changed (3/4 years ago??) to State Pension only. I haven’t seen this in any other country, only in the UK. I decided to check again over the weekend and noticed the Hull Consulate & London Embassy had changed their websites again to show the £10k option. I phoned Cardiff this morning and they insist they can still only issue the Non-O with a State Pension :Dunno1:
The UK consulates seem to have specific restrictions for example Glasgow can't issue Non Imm O's.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

30 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

The UK consulates seem to have specific restrictions for example Glasgow can't issue Non Imm O's.

I understood that presently you can only get a Non -Immigrant O from the London Embassy by post. Although that seems about to change in May . See my post#65

I have exchanged a few emails with the Thai Embassy in Londonand here is the jist of them

"To Thai Embassy, London.

Non -Immigrant O Visa Thus 18/04/ 2019

Dear Sirs,

thank you for your reply and the two links.. Apart from visits for special reasons most refer to pensioners over 50 years old which is rather confusing as very few 50 year olds have a State Pension or any other kind.

Non -Immigrant O Visa

On one document it says “For pensioner (aged 50 or over): A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, OR 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 

So can a 55 year old who wishes to stay long time in Thailand for semi- retirement (and who normally cannot get a pension till he is 65 years old) get a Non -Immigrant O Visa if he provides evidence of having at least £10,000 in his UK bank for at least 3 months.

Regards,

Reply from Thai Embassy.

Re: Non Immigrant O Visa

Thai Embassy London <[email protected]>

Thu 18/04/2019 14:31

Dear Sir/Madam,
Yes you can do.

Kind Regards,
Visa Officer

Royal Thai Embassy
29-30 Queen's Gate,
London,
SW7 5JB

www.thaiembassy.org/london

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Archived