Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Talking about sex/intercourse (in Thai)

supergeil

According to a girl I spoke with, the colloquial way to say “have sex” is เอากัน.

This seems to be a euphemism as it literally means “want (to be) together”.

The problem with “sleep together” (which can also be used) is that sometimes there is a distinction, for example if you go to a soapy massage, you may share a bed with the girl, but that may not include full service.

I am told the polite way to ask if there is full service is มีอะไรกันได้ไหม — this confuses me a little because it seems to be a hybrid of “what services are rendered?” (มีอะไรบ้าง) and “is there sex?” (มีเอากันไหม).

Furthermore, the เอากัน confuses me in that it includes เอา meaning “want”, so let’s say I want to tell a girl “I want to have sex” it would be redundant/strange to say เอาเอากัน — I believe it would more likely be either a command like ไปเอากัน (“go have sex”) or a question like ไปเอากันได้ไหม (“can we go have sex?”).

Another question could be “do you want sex?” presumably that would be คนเอากันไหม.

Could someone help me get a better grasp on how to use เอากัน in real sentences or possibly other colloquial terms for the same.

I think you may have better success especially here in Patts by asking for "boom boom" I know it may not be very a very polite term but it,s one all the girls understand :Agree1:

4 hours ago, petermik said:

I think you may have better success especially here in Patts by asking for "boom boom" I know it may not be very a very polite term but it,s one all the girls understand :Agree1:

I am asking because I would like to improve my Thai proficiency, not because I have a problem explaining girls in Pattaya that I am interested in sex.

Also, I spend most of my time in Thailand *outside* Pattaya where I am speaking with non-working girls, who I doubt would react positive to being asked for “boom boom”.

Edited by supergeil
  • Like 3

เอา doesn’t mean “to want” here, it means “to take”

That’s why normally you’d only use เอา with objects. If you use it with persons it means having sex (English has that meaning too btw.)

Besides this: to want + verb = อยาก + verb, not เอา + verb.

So “I want to have sex” - อยากมีอะไรกัน (more neutral) or อยากเอากัน (a bit rougher), or any of the other words for having sex. Just like in English, Thai has lots of ways to say this :D

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

I agree with @slick67 above.  เอา  (ao)  means to  take,  and กัน (gan) means "each other" or "together",  so "ao gan" translates as "take each other."

มีอะไรกันได้ไหม (mii arai gan dai mai) can split into two parts:   mii arai gan is another way of saying "have sex"  and  "dai mai" is a "can?"  question,  that can be interpreted as "can I", "can we" or "can you" depending on context, so when you are speaking to a lady, มีอะไรกันได้ไหม would probably translate as "can we have sex?"

I am guessing that "mii arai gan" may be some kind of euphemism,  because it literally translates as "have what together",  which only seems to hint at the meaning.

Definitely agree that "ao" means "take" rather than "want", and I would use "yaak" ( อยาก ) to mean "want".

For example  "kun yaak duum gaafay mai?"  =  do you want to drink coffee?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Nicely done, even got the good old "Asking for a friend" in 555

Just now, Ru4Real said:

Nicely done, even got the good old "Asking for a friend" in 555

Well, in this case it is true! LOL

On 01/04/2019 at 13:36, ocka said:

I am guessing that "mii arai gan" may be some kind of euphemism,  because it literally translates as "have what together",  which only seems to hint at the meaning.

As a question word อะไร means “what”, but if it’s not a question then it is used as the indefinite pronoun “something”

So มีอะไรกัน literally translates as “to have something together”, with the “something” being the euphemism for sex.

Compare these two to see the difference:

อยากดื่มอะไร - What do you want to drink?

มีอะไรที่อยากดื่มไหม - Is there something you want to drink?

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

• 1 month later...

For sex you can say บี้กัน instead of เอากัน they are both the same vulgar. the Isaanequivalent would be ซี้กัน.

Only for Bars ofc, outside of Bars i would use the Neutral word นอนกัน

Edited by jayjo

ต่างภูมิลำเนา แต่ว่าเฮาก็เป็นคนไทย

I saw one of the Thai girls on my Facebook feed use the word เย็ด (yet). I think that is also pretty vulgar though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

On 13/05/2019 at 17:59, jayjo said:

outside of Bars i would use the Neutral word นอนกัน

The problem with นอนกัน is that it’s ambiguous.

For example I currently have my ex-girlfriend stay with me, and another friend asked if we slept together, for the sake of argument, let’s say I wanted to answer that while we are sharing a bed, we do not have sex. How would you say that (in polite conversation) in Thai? ไม่ใช่ เรานอนด้วยกัน แต่ไม่มีอะไรกัน ?

2 minutes ago, supergeil said:

The problem with นอนกัน is that it’s ambiguous.

For example I currently have my ex-girlfriend stay with me, and another friend asked if we slept together, for the sake of argument, let’s say I wanted to answer that while we are sharing a bed, we do not have sex. How would you say that (in polite conversation) in Thai? ไม่ใช่ เรานอนด้วยกัน แต่ไม่มีอะไรกัน ?

Yeah sounds good, add เป็นเพื่อน to be absolute clear.

นอนกัน is like sleep together and means sex, but the polite word for it.

Edited by jayjo

ต่างภูมิลำเนา แต่ว่าเฮาก็เป็นคนไทย

• 4 months later...

While the most frequently used translations of เอา are accept, take, Paiboons Talking Thai dictionary app also translates it as a colloquial slang term for Shaft, Screw, Shag ect.

• 1 year later...

Jirating and thrusting motions, works nicely with all ladies whether bar girl or "non working" 

Sound effects optional depending on location (funerals etc) 

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed in a lot of the TFMI reviews guys are saying they agreed in advance to CIM or COF. I'm wondering how. A lot of the TF freelancers I've contacted lately don't even understand BJ or blow job and for sure would not understand English for this. How to write CIM in Thai?

Some google translations I found are:

Ejaculate in mouth  พุ่งเข้าปาก Phùng k̄hêā pāk - would that be understood?

Come in mouth is only เข้าปาก

I think the word I need is sam-ret.. something like samret ni paak but don't have any idea how to write it.
Can anyone help?

I don't write Thai, would 'gin ah-han sperm dii mai?' work?

3 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Thanks, but I am looking for how to text it, so has to be in Thai.

27 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Also, that would be "eat sperm" which I don't care about. Well, not so much - LOL Seeing a girl swallowing my sperm is definitely a turn on, but not something I make an issue of.

Yes, but to swallow it it would have to be in her mouth to start with. :-) And you and I are talking literally. It could be with a Thai girl she would be thinking figuratively, and the 'eat' would just be putting it in her mouth. 

Edited by Garzan

1 hour ago, ex-pat said:

I forwarded your question along to a Pattaya female friend - about written text. If she answers I'll let you know. 

1 hour ago, Garzan said:

Yes, but to swallow it it would have to be in her mouth to start with. :-) And you and I are talking literally. It could be with a Thai girl she would be thinking figuratively, and the 'eat' would just be putting it in her mouth.

Maybe :). Hopefully your friend will clear it up.

10 hours ago, ex-pat said:

I say เสร็จที่ปากได้ไหม which literal translation is “finish in mouth can?”