IGNORED

Where can I find Barilla Pasta ?

KhunChang

Hi,

This brand was everywhere in Cambodia when i was staying there last month and I started cooking again my own meals.

Now got a condo in Patts, with a nice kitchen. I went yesterday to BIG C extra Pattaya Klang but to my surprise they were not selling it.

I'd like to avoid going in every Tesco, Big C, Top Markets and so on of Pattaya just to look for it.

If you someone can pinpoint me a couple of Supermarkets, I'd be grateful. I live near Pattaya Klang.

Try the Italian providore on Sukumvit. From Pattaya Klang it is a few hundred metres on the right the other side of the Muay Thai stadium. Can't miss the place. Sells all sorts of pasta and salamis , wine and olive oil. Called IF and B. On a corner. Not open Sunday. You could be walking past Foodland as well . Not sure if either have barilla but sure you can get something you like.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Do you have Australian friends visiting you?

If yes, ask them to buy Barilla pasta in any large supermarket.

Thanks,

I found out they have some packs in Central Food Hall but for 150 THB 500 grams.

That's funny, found the brand in Siem Reap in large quantity and for a reasonnable price in the supermarkets there so i was expecting to get it in Pattaya without issues.

I will have a look at the Italian deli mentioned.

You could give  Friendship supermarket on Pattaya Tai a try

1 hour ago, KhunChang said:

Thanks,

I found out they have some packs in Central Food Hall but for 150 THB 500 grams.

That's funny, found the brand in Siem Reap in large quantity and for a reasonnable price in the supermarkets there so i was expecting to get it in Pattaya without issues.

I will have a look at the Italian deli mentioned.

Took the dog for a walk past the place tonight.  also called Mama Tia . Opened 6 days a week with 10-6 weekdays and 9 to 5 Saturdays. I sometimes get the sliced salami there and have salami , cheese and tomato toasted. It is pretty good. 100 baht for 100 grams. And sliced when ordered. Quite extensive selection of olive oil, cheese and sauces. Also some decent cooking equipment . As an ex Melbourne lad I appreciate a decent italian meal. The road next to it lead to Soi Arunothai and you come out opposite Nirun condos next to Shagwell mansions.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Tops supermarkets have the largest choice of foreign products.
In Pattaya avoid the small one inside Tukom, it sucks. There is one inside Central festival mall. 
At my big surprise the most furnished about foreign food products (in which they sell Barilla BTW), was the Tops inside Central Plaza mall of Nonthaburi, a non tourist and non expat area.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, yes i found it in Tops market near Kao Noi, but at the price of 130 THB 500 g again.

So i just tested other brands and selected one that was edible for my taste.

I have just returned from friendship supermarket on pattaya tai, they have loads of different brands, i saw barilla , they had penne and fusilli both 73 b for 500 grms.

Archived