IGNORED

Your windows licence will expire Soon

Billyboy294

On 17/03/2020 at 03:04, Kahoy said:

After changing to a linux distro you won't look back. Unless you make a living using software which only works on windows or play games which only work on windows there is no real point in having windows. I assume those guys who don't want to pay for a real windows install aren't in that category so would be far better off changing to linux. If you make a living coding or server support, linux is the way to go. I use Ubuntu.

Exactly!  A little more than a year ago I first dual booted linux Win 7.  After a week on Linux I started to remove programs from Win 7, and shrink that space to max out the drive for Linux.

Now I am backing up my drive, to prepare for a full wipe and Linux install.

It's relatively easy to install Linux Mint for dual boot, if you can't jump into the Linux pool.  But once you do so, you seriously won't go back.  My current laptop is 9 years old, and works great on linux.  When I need a new one, if I can't buy it without Windows I'll just wipe and install linux first thing out of the box.

• 11 months later...

I am surprised nobody mentioned this yet, but it's possible to install windows and also office without having a key. Legal no, free yes. I haven't paid for office or Windows for at least 20 years now.

No need to activate Windows 10. You will get all security patches and updates, the only thing you will not be able to do is personalize the background wallpaper on your desktop or use any of the advanced features. For any normal usage a non-activated copy of Windows is issue.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-long-can-you-use-windows-10-without-activation