IGNORED

Your windows licence will expire Soon

Billyboy294

I got this message today. I have a PC with Win 10 (copy)installed in Tukcom.

I went to the shop that installed Win 10. He recommended a product key for 1700 baht and that would be the end of it.

Is that good value I see product keys at Lazada for 250 baht.

Any advice please..

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I checked at the shop where I order most of my computer parts, and a guaranteed genuine copy of Windows 10 Home 64 bit is 4690b.  Your Tukcom price is like a quarter of that. So first off, I'm going to assume it's a single language export copy, and it's up for debate how much of that 1700b ever makes it's way back to Microsoft. :-) The USB version, instead of a DVD is 4990b.

Once upon a time, in a country far, far away, I used to write software, so I have a personal bias about pirating software. (It's a selective bias though since  I have no problem torrenting videos.) If you're okay with whatever shade of grey that Tukcom copy is, more power to you. I have a friend in Pattaya who has a bias about paying anyone for any kind of software. His Jolly Roger copy of Windows 10 Pro reports itself activated and he has no issues. It's one of those 'up to you' things. 

The Lazada price is IMO too low to be taken seriously. 

Now, if you are getting a single language version of Windows, make sure whoever is installing it selects the right language on install. I've another friend who bought one of those Tukcom versions of Windows (I think from BananaIT) and they installed British English instead of American English. It is still messed up years later and cannot seem to be changed. (At least he hasn't figured out how and he's a pretty tech savvy guy). 

One advantage to NOT having a single language copy, if it applies to you, is that you can change to whatever language you want whenever you want, and the same is true for every login account. My account is American English. My wife's account, and the daughter's account are in Thai, and all their menus are in Thai. 

Edited by Garzan
  • Like 2

Thanks for reply.

I went to another shop in Tukcom who had installed Win 10 for me when i bought a new PC. I bought the PC (built up) from JIB but they would not put Win 10 in a PC , only in a laptop.They pointed across the passageway.

Anyway the guy looked at my message (photo on mobile) and said he could fix it for 400 baht. I asked if he would come to my Condo (5mins away) and do it there. He said OK 500 baht.

So decided that will (hopefully) keep me going for another year or so .He comes tomorrow and it will save me humping my PC to Tukcom (have a bad back).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

I went to the shop that installed Win 10. He recommended a product key for 1700 baht and that would be the end of it.

Any advice please..

Why do you buy illegal software in the first place?

Edited by bar stool

18 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

Any advice please..

Win10 keys for 250 baht (about $8 USD)?  May or may not be legit.

I buy my Win10 product keys on Ebay and pay about that.

Look for a seller who has been around for awhile, with good reviews. The legit-appearing bargains are for licenses being removed from salvage computers and are now available to system installers, in this case you.

Recently I bought some MS Office keys from sellers with few reviews. Ebay subsequently removed those listings so obviously they were suspect. Going forward I won't buy from such sellers.

Edited by CyberPro

I decided to get Win 10 reinstalled by a company in Tukcom who charge 400 baht but came to my room for 500 baht. The guy  saved and reinstalled most of my programs etc. Worth it not to carry PC to Tukcom. Same co. who did it when my PC was new about 3/4 years ago.

On 25/03/2019 at 18:41, Garzan said:

I checked at the shop where I order most of my computer parts, and a guaranteed genuine copy of Windows 10 Home 64 bit is 4690b.  Your Tukcom price is like a quarter of that. So first off, I'm going to assume it's a single language export copy, and it's up for debate how much of that 1700b ever makes it's way back to Microsoft. :-) The USB version, instead of a DVD is 4990b.

Once upon a time, in a country far, far away, I used to write software, so I have a personal bias about pirating software. (It's a selective bias though since  I have no problem torrenting videos.) If you're okay with whatever shade of grey that Tukcom copy is, more power to you. I have a friend in Pattaya who has a bias about paying anyone for any kind of software. His Jolly Roger copy of Windows 10 Pro reports itself activated and he has no issues. It's one of those 'up to you' things. 

The Lazada price is IMO too low to be taken seriously. 

Now, if you are getting a single language version of Windows, make sure whoever is installing it selects the right language on install. I've another friend who bought one of those Tukcom versions of Windows (I think from BananaIT) and they installed British English instead of American English. It is still messed up years later and cannot seem to be changed. (At least he hasn't figured out how and he's a pretty tech savvy guy). 

One advantage to NOT having a single language copy, if it applies to you, is that you can change to whatever language you want whenever you want, and the same is true for every login account. My account is American English. My wife's account, and the daughter's account are in Thai, and all their menus are in Thai. 

Mate I thought the Lazada price for Office 2016 for 350 baht was dodgy but thought what the hell.... A licence arrived in the mail a couple of days later.... A little bit of buggering around with them on the phone, Pirates, not M/S and it works fine :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Ebay keys all the way, $5 for a win 10 pro key is fab. Key was delivered in seconds after pressing the order button. I used one of the well rated sellers with a few thousand sold.

• Ru4Real changed the title to Your windows licence will expire Soon

Bit late for the OP but ...

Windows 10 Activation reports your license will soon expire.

Use the appropriate product key for the edition of Windows 10 you have installed.

If Windows 7 or Windows 8 came preinstalled, use that that product key to update the product key values.

or use one of the following product keys:

1) Enter the Windows 10 Home/Pro default key. (see list below)
     Windows 10 Home: YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
     Windows 10 Pro: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Warning: please ensure you use the right product key for the right edition.

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click Next to Activate

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-license-expiry/801454ef-5e6c-4a2e-93ee-8ac749636173

• 5 months later...

I hate to break it to you but most of the retails shops will give you a non-genuine copy of Windows which later causes problems. Try to acquire the genuine copy and you can tie it to your Microsoft account and enjoy extra privileges. 

• 1 month later...
On 08/09/2019 at 00:44, Crunchy Tricks said:

I hate to break it to you but most of the retails shops will give you a non-genuine copy of Windows which later causes problems. Try to acquire the genuine copy and you can tie it to your Microsoft account and enjoy extra privileges. 

In addition to this I would suggest you to check ValidEdge blog.

• 3 months later...

As a followup, a long time later, apparently you can download Windows Media Creator from Microsoft itself, install Windows 10 directly from Microsoft, not put in a key and it will all work just fine. You will have to put up with a nag watermark on the desktop, and limited choices for wallpaper, but all the applications are supposed to work just fine, without paying Microsoft or anyone else a single baht. I'm not willing to test that, but that information came out on a Windows 7 'end of the world as we know it' thread. :-) 

Microsoft makes the bulk of their money in other places than operating system sales, but it all depends on having Windows installations. So in the big picture, they aren't as picky about OS licensing as they used to be. 

6 hours ago, Garzan said:

As a followup, a long time later, apparently you can download Windows Media Creator from Microsoft itself, install Windows 10 directly from Microsoft, not put in a key and it will all work just fine. You will have to put up with a nag watermark on the desktop, and limited choices for wallpaper, but all the applications are supposed to work just fine, without paying Microsoft or anyone else a single baht. I'm not willing to test that, but that information came out on a Windows 7 'end of the world as we know it' thread. :-) 

Microsoft makes the bulk of their money in other places than operating system sales, but it all depends on having Windows installations. So in the big picture, they aren't as picky about OS licensing as they used to be. 

I thought that was common knowledge. :GoldenSmile1:

Someone mentioned a watermark on the PC.   Lately a message has appeared on my PC display that appears to me like a watermark.  The message reads in subdued text "Activate Windows.  Got to Settings to activate Windows."

1) Is that the 'watermark' he is talking about?

2) What action should I do?

I am certainly not computer tech savvy.

You have two choices, buy or aquire a valid license key and make that message go away, or ignore it. It's a nag message but Windows will still keep working.

9 hours ago, mongo2 said:

Someone mentioned a watermark on the PC.   Lately a message has appeared on my PC display that appears to me like a watermark.  The message reads in subdued text "Activate Windows.  Got to Settings to activate Windows."

https://www.ebay.com/b/Operating-Systems/11226?For%20Operating%20Systems=Microsoft%20Windows%2010&Operating%20Systems=Microsoft%20Windows%2010&rt=nc&_sop=15

11 hours ago, mongo2 said:

Yes thats it. You can ignore it with no issues, i have for about 2 years.

You can buy a code off ebay etc which can get rid of the watermark.

• 1 month later...

Somebody else mentioned this, but I think buying the key off of eBay is not a terrible option - it has always worked for me (sorry Microsoft).

A little unrelated, but I always found it kind of weird that they named that company after my dick.

3 hours ago, blueforever25 said:

Somebody else mentioned this, but I think buying the key off of eBay is not a terrible option - it has always worked for me (sorry Microsoft).

I buy MS keys on Ebay. I try to find what looks like a somewhat legit seller but figure validating merchants is up to Ebay. 

Given the increasingly disagreeable user interface on MS products (IMO) the obvious next steps would be to migrate to Linux, Mac OS or Android. 

Sorry Microsoft. :sad:

7 minutes ago, CyberPro said:

I buy MS keys on Ebay. I try to find what looks like a somewhat legit seller but figure validating merchants is up to Ebay. 

Given the increasingly disagreeable user interface on MS products (IMO) the obvious next steps would be to migrate to Linux, Mac OS or Android. 

Sorry Microsoft. :sad:

After changing to a linux distro you won't look back. Unless you make a living using software which only works on windows or play games which only work on windows there is no real point in having windows. I assume those guys who don't want to pay for a real windows install aren't in that category so would be far better off changing to linux. If you make a living coding or server support, linux is the way to go. I use Ubuntu.

On 25/03/2019 at 08:37, Billyboy294 said:

Thanks for reply.

I went to another shop in Tukcom who had installed Win 10 for me when i bought a new PC. I bought the PC (built up) from JIB but they would not put Win 10 in a PC , only in a laptop.They pointed across the passageway.

Anyway the guy looked at my message (photo on mobile) and said he could fix it for 400 baht. I asked if he would come to my Condo (5mins away) and do it there. He said OK 500 baht.

So decided that will (hopefully) keep me going for another year or so .He comes tomorrow and it will save me humping my PC to Tukcom (have a bad back).

On 25/03/2019 at 11:57, Touchagrey said:

Legit Win 10 pro key - https://www.urcdkey.com/microsoft-windows-10-pro-oem-cd-key-global_1966-20.html?sscid=31k3_jw4ye

Use code TT30 to reduce price to $10.42 USD

I did it both ways and learned a lesson last year. I took the laptop in and yep he had it working in 5 minutes.

Reality: It was good for about 1 month and the problem came back, so I had a choice to make.

Solution: I bought a code from eBay and the problem was solved