IGNORED

Jet airways gone bust

zook3260

Has any one booked flights with jet airways ?,seems last flight was from Manchester uk on 23 March 2019 ,going to be alot of unhappy customers..

Manchester was one of the 13 routes they have just suspended. I don't think they are bankrupt just yet but are trying to finance a final lifeline with the banks.

I was flying with them when the flights were grounded during the ash cloud stupidity, soon as the ban was lifted and customers found out there was a riot at there London office. I was already at the airport so got on their first flight out let's hope there isn't another problem .

They are in severe difficulty. Have had to ground two thirds of their planes as they cannot afford to pay for the lease. Pilots and engineers haven't been paid for 3 months. 

Oh no! That is sad news as used them a number of times in the past and found them to be satisfactory but the transit through Mumbai was always a nightmare. Long time ago I flew a few times with another Indian airline called Kingfisher who stopped their services to LHR due to financial problems but to fly with they were one of the best I have tried and I have been lucky enough to have tried many since 1992 to Bangkok.

When I flew with them a few years back it was cheap and afternoon time from Heathrow,  I went to book them this year from Thomas cook they said you have to have a visa for India so went with a middle Eastern line instead.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

Is it even safe to fly airlines on the brink of bankruptcy?  Isn’t maintenance the first thing to go during cutbacks?  I’d be afraid to fly in a plane that belongs to a company having financial difficulty, as maintenance on the aircraft likely lacking - or the pilots are disgruntled they haven’t been paid in months. Wouldn’t want to be on a flight we’re they decide to do a sequel to German Wings. 

14 hours ago, cheetzie said:

Oh no! That is sad news as used them a number of times in the past and found them to be satisfactory but the transit through Mumbai was always a nightmare. Long time ago I flew a few times with another Indian airline called Kingfisher who stopped their services to LHR due to financial problems but to fly with they were one of the best I have tried and I have been lucky enough to have tried many since 1992 to Bangkok.

My first trip to Thailand was with Kingfisher, service ranked up with the best. JD and cokes were flowing, VJ Malia owned the airline and a large brewery and alcohol distributors. Later on he owned Force India F1 team.

Mumbai was crappy airport, domestic passengers didn't understand queuing for security checks. My elbows were working overtime.

I hope they don't go bust as I'd hate to see customers lose on flights they have booked.  Also people losing there jobs isnt nice

• 3 weeks later...

Suspended all international flights now. Still looking for buyer but not looking good.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Yep gone now. They have handed back their 3 pairs of slots at Heathrow to Etihad who they were leasing them from. Just come through on Business Traveller.

Etihad are not sure what to do with them as now have 7 pairs of slots. Last pair that were sold at Heathrow Oman bought for $75 Million (not a missprint)

Sad to see them go, they were one of the best airlines in terms of passenger experience out of India.
I fear for what's to come for Indian travellers. Indigo and SpiceJet are going to fill in the void left by Jet, both can give Ryanair a run for their money while charging the full fare.

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

I just got my gold card with 4 free upgrades!!

A good ice scraper that I will put to regular use while I live in India

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Etihad Airways has shown interest to buy 49 percent stake in Jet.
Jet has now around only 12 aircraft(mix of ATRs, Boeing 737s, Boeing 777) which are operating only in the domestic circuit.
Its international operations get curtailed, taking it close to a shutdown, bidding for the airline is gathering steam.

Before the crisis started, the airline had a fleet of 119 aircraft and one of the best budget airline.

Its not gone bellyup yet but it should have been allowed to by the government months ago when they couldnt pay salaries. But since everything is a populist issue an its election time here in India, the government is trying to keep it afloat for another 1-2 months.

It really is all insanity - who in their right mind would book a Jet flight now knowing its done, and so where would Jet get any money from if not the lenders? Meanwhile they havent even paid the refunds for all these thousands of customers, nevermind the salaries.

They were the best Indian airline, but example of how horrible management of even a strong business leads to failure. There were news stories that pilots were pawning off gold etc as they hadnt been paid in over 3 months now! Shame....

Etihad Airways has shown interest to buy 49 percent stake in Jet.
Jet has now around only 12 aircraft(mix of ATRs, Boeing 737s, Boeing 777) which are operating only in the domestic circuit.
Its international operations get curtailed, taking it close to a shutdown, bidding for the airline is gathering steam.
Before the crisis started, the airline had a fleet of 119 aircraft and one of the best budget airline.
They weren't a budget carrier but a full service airline mate. One of the best in India in terms of connectivity and service.

Anyways that's history. Sad state of affairs that they haven't been able to pay staff salaries for last 3 months and defaulted on their repayment obligations with impunity!

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

agree with you googlechap.....may not be a true budget airline but has to keep low and competitive fare in the tough domestic circuit. 
the surge in Oil price, dollar-INR conversion, Competition from LCC like Indigo, some poor decision for the acquisition of aircraft, poor planning in network expansion along with few management issues lead its downfall....

It has also got a huge debt issue and cash crunch to pay even employee salary...

Archived