IGNORED

Border run extension.

chang beer

Hi. I've been here on retirement visa...extension for a nearly a year now. I've finally decided to split my time between here in Thailand and other south east Asian countries from now. 

Hypothetically I can leave when my retirement visa expires and return and get a 1 month visitors visa and extend it for 6 months max by doing the border run?  I have to return to farangland thereafter to start the new process?

What I intend to do is to live in Cambo and Phils for six months and return to Thailand and extend the 1 month tourists...visitors visa up to 6 months if its possible.

Can I achieve this? but the biggest headache is returning back home country after a year and start the whole process again.

Thank you

Happy mongering

You wouldn’t have to return home to start the process.

No, you can’t extend a Tourist Visa for 6 months, nor a Visa Exempt Entry (which I think is what you mean). You could get a SETV for Thailand in one of the other countries and potentially stay up to 3 months in Thailand.

The easiest way is to keep getting Extensions of Stay and just make sure you are in Thailand at the renewal time each year. Though you’d have to keep money in your Thai bank account to meet the requirements.

Other option is to get a Non-O from Thai Embassy/Consulate in one of those other countries which gives you 3-months in Thailand and get an extension of stay for that each time.

Yes, I guess you could do border runs but not sure why you’d want to when there are other options.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Archived