Steve000

Udonthani

Steve000

Hi, apologies if there are hundreds of similar threads but has anyone been on a trip to udonthani and can advise on bars for farangs? Clubs for farangs? And is it a safe environment to go partying in?

i will be in Pattaya with a friend in November but we usually get a break half way through the trip and go phuket or ko samui for a few nights for a change of scenery but a girl I know says udonthax (where she comes from) is quite touristy.......any opinions would be great. TIA

Czmate

Wouldn’t say it’s exactly the hub of excitement most people venturing up there are doing so in tow with their teerak.

Pumpuynarak

Ranovertheborder

Only place I can suggest is Night and day or Nutty Park both 5 mins walk from Central plaza and the Udon Thani train station and night and day  was as busy as I have seen it in years 2 weeks ago , its not pattaya by any means but for Udon Town it's as good as it gets. 

Edited by Ranovertheborder

The Kid Kabugle

Geoff Carter has a pretty good video about it on his YouTube channel which shows the bar area & should give an idea of the night life.

Looks ok, I fancy a visit there myself some time. If you make it up there let us know what you think.

Adamor

There is  not clubs for farang  but farang are welcome, no worries and no troubles.

Best club is The U Bar, there is U Bar in all major cities of Isan. The best deal is this club is the 70 cl bottle of Johnnie Walker red labed for 450 baht, cheaper than the supermarket seemingly. 

Edited by Adamor

Adamor

Go on Tinder and ThaiFriendly and get freebies, its how Isan works the best.
NB. Tinder worls better, TF is a bit a dead place outside BKK and Pattaya.

onehunglo

harry's handlebar on soi sampan , just down from the irish clock 

great place for a feed 

if you scroll through the main forum and it has a section on north , east , west ,central thailand . look through the headings and find udon thani .... has a lot of info on there 

Edited by onehunglo

onehunglo

central thailand is the heading to look for

udontony

Udon is nothing like Pattaya but well worth a visit.  There are all the modern shops, big Central Mall etc mixed in with old fashioned places.  You can get western food all over the city and brilliant Thai food as well.   It is definitely well orientated to looking after falang visitors and as safe as anywhere else in Thailand.  There are more and more people there speaking reasonable English which really does help.   Hotels in every class and cost bracket, you can find what you want easily.   Bars and entertainment is limited but then just how much do you need!  Personally I vist Udon several times a year and love my time there.   I live in Udon province but 100 ks from the city so not there all the time.

CyberPro
3 hours ago, udontony said:

Udon is nothing like Pattaya but well worth a visit....

Excellent review

Edited by CyberPro

Tallboy31

I am heading to Udon Thani for the first time in May. I have been reading that the shopping mall is a great place to meet girls and that they are very receptive to advances and chatting. Has anyone had any experience with this, or is it a waste of time and should just hit the usual bar areas? I only have two nights there so looking to make the most of those days. Thanks 

Ranovertheborder
On 25/04/2019 at 12:31, Tallboy31 said:

I am heading to Udon Thani for the first time in May. I have been reading that the shopping mall is a great place to meet girls and that they are very receptive to advances and chatting. Has anyone had any experience with this, or is it a waste of time and should just hit the usual bar areas? I only have two nights there so looking to make the most of those days. Thanks 

Like anywhere else it will depend on a lot of things, if you are young and reasonably good looking then yes it's possible if you are an elderly falang you won't have much luck, head for Night and day and nutty Park and you get a reasonable choice from the bars, don't know prices or anything though. 

rob63
On 25/04/2019 at 12:31, Tallboy31 said:

I didn't hit any bars while I was there. When I was  in the bank, a lady there said I was very handsome and she loved my eyes. To be fair, she was in her 70's, but these days I never turn down a compliment!

Tallboy31
23 hours ago, Ranovertheborder said:

Like anywhere else it will depend on a lot of things, if you are young and reasonably good looking then yes it's possible if you are an elderly falang you won't have much luck, head for Night and day and nutty Park and you get a reasonable choice from the bars, don't know prices or anything though. 

I’m 40 and while not in exactly peak form, from loving beer too much, I do get a reasonable number of compliments from Thai girls so hoping it’s possible. However I am only there for two nights so not a lot of time to waste. 

Edited by Tallboy31

jonross

Could anyone that visited  Udon Thani tell me the bar fine rate and prices of ST/LT? Thanks.

Edited by jonross

Ranovertheborder
On 10/05/2019 at 04:08, jonross said:

Could anyone that visited  Udon Thani tell me the bar fine rate and prices of ST/LT? Thanks.

While I don't know the price of ST/LT it is worth noting that the bars in night and day and nutty park all close at midnight so may be worth setting up a bar girl to meet you after the bar has shut, therefore no bar fine, also remember to ask for their ID becuase when I was there last month there were a hell of a lot of really young looking girls, be careful and stay safe.