IGNORED

LK Empress, Breakfast buffet, price increase

Just noticed today, a price increase at LK Empress (Beach Rd, Soi 12) for their breakfast buffet.

A few months ago, 240B, NOW it's 300B.

I asked 'why' and they said a 'new menu'....? 

BTW, the same answer when they upped the price from 220 to 240.

Wonder Apex and Lek will follow with increases?

On 23/03/2019 at 12:38, galt67 said:

Just noticed today, a price increase at LK Empress (Beach Rd, Soi 12) for their breakfast buffet.

Vote with your feet.......:ThumbDown1:

On 23/03/2019 at 08:38, galt67 said:

Were you staying there or just there for the breakfast?  I have stayed there before and the breakfast is very popular so I was just thinking that they may be trying to reduce the number of non-guests at breakfast.  As you probably know there are lots of other cheaper options for breakfast nearby.  Personally, I liked the breakfast there but I wouldn't pay 300 for it and even 240 seems high but when it was included in the room price I really didn't think much about it.

11 hours ago, superdaws said:

Were you staying there or just there for the breakfast?  I have stayed there before and the breakfast is very popular so I was just thinking that they may be trying to reduce the number of non-guests at breakfast.  As you probably know there are lots of other cheaper options for breakfast nearby.  Personally, I liked the breakfast there but I wouldn't pay 300 for it and even 240 seems high but when it was included in the room price I really didn't think much about it.

Non-guest. I own a condo here.

Puzzling to me why(?) they wouldn't want non-guests as it's almost ZERO additional cost thus pure, 100% profit.

Edited by galt67
edit

8 hours ago, galt67 said:

Puzzling to me why(?) they wouldn't want non-guests as it's almost ZERO additional cost thus pure, 100% profit.

Why don’t you eat breakfast at home?

Those buffet breakfasts found in Pattaya are amazing value but 300 baht seems rather steep. Apex and Lek are decent at 150 baht unless their prices have gone up recently. There is also a place on Soi Honey opposite the Honey hotel massage place that serves a great value buffet.

On 25/03/2019 at 08:38, galt67 said:

A non-guest who can't get a seat is unlikely to complain, they'll either eat somewhere else or come back later.  A hotel guest is probably a lot more likely to complain if they are staying there for a long time and consistently have trouble getting a seat especially if they prepaid for it in the room cost.  Others likely to complain would be large groups that can't eat together.  So it may be pure profit off the meal, but they could be incurring losses on their main business, the hotel, if people stop staying their because of their experience with the breakfast.

I doubt they are trying to eliminate non-guest entirely, if that was their goal they could easily just say that you need to be staying there in order to eat at the buffet.  I my speculation is correct, and it is only speculation, then they are just trying to reduce not eliminate the number of non-guests.

There are other possible reasons for the increase like their costs went up or maybe they just think they can make more money off the increase.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hey guys, what time does the empress stop serving breakfast? I am a late riser so I mostly never get the chance at hotels I stay at. Also what place has the latest closi BFF breakfast?

Countdown Clocks

1 hour ago, rain_angelus said:

Also what place has the latest closi BFF breakfast?

casa pascal has a breakfast buffet every day until 2pm (around 250thb all inclusive i think).

good & very popular, lots of german expats going there regularly. if you're looking for asian breakfast items, the selection is very limited though. but imho the best bread / croissants etc you get in pattaya.

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Thanks for the heads up. Didn’t realise how poorly I had written that post. I’ll check casa pascal out.

Countdown Clocks

10 hours ago, rain_angelus said:

Thanks for the heads up. Didn’t realise how poorly I had written that post. I’ll check casa pascal out.

doesnt really matter ... some places serve breakfast 24/7

Please remember to like and subscribe.

Prices of many things have increased quite considerably over the last 12 months. This is not confined to Thailand - I understand it’s the case more or less the world over. At least that’s my guess from the way my UK friends are moaning 😂

This is even more pronounced with “imported goods” and I’d guess a lot of hotel breakfast items are especially cheeses etc.

That doesn’t explain a 25% hike but will explain part of it. 

• Like 2

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

9 hours ago, whitespider said:

That doesn’t explain a 25% hike but will explain part of it. 

OPs post is from March 2019 though :D 

• Haha 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/10/2021 at 10:12, rain_angelus said:

Hey guys, what time does the empress stop serving breakfast? I am a late riser so I mostly never get the chance at hotels I stay at. Also what place has the latest closi BFF breakfast?

I think it is around 10 am maybe 10:30 am.  That is my recollection from pre-covid days.  It may be different now.  I hope to be staying there in December, if I remember I'll update this when I get there.