IGNORED

SETV & METV Visa problem - New Rules ??? anyone had issues yet.

talung66

Reading thread Retirement Visa problem - New Rules.

I went to the sydney Thai consulate website and noticed some changes that i normally did not have to fulfill.

I gather the rules will be the same at all other country sites but the wording is different now i have added the full  requirement below for easy access .

http://www.thaiembassy.org/sydney/en/other/96008-TOURIST-VISA.html

I will highlight new things and want to know if this was or will be a issue recently if Anybody is and or  getting a SETV or METV

SETV

• A bank statement in the past six months showing a deposit account with the minimum fund of THB 20,000 per person, or THB 40,000 per family,  i dont recall this being there before though not a issue for me but if it was i would have said   equivalent in thai baht $1000 AUD 
  • Confirmed accommodation under your name for the duration of your stay in Thailand 
  • A copy of airline ticket indicating the date of arrival to and departure from Thailand

These 2 points definitely weren't there before.

METV

• A bank statement in the past six months showing a deposit account minimum of THB 200,000 per person Ii also recall this saying  aprox $8000 AUD Though 200 000 THB is now closer to $9000 AUD. Again no problem for me i also understand  it is equivalent in other currencies will be accepted with your countries bank statement. 

i know this as a friend is doing his retirement visa with AUD bank account with the equivalent of 800 000 baht. and most here say it has to be in a thai bank but now i know it doesn't.

• Confirmed accommodation under your name for the duration of your stay in Thailand 
  • A copy of airline ticket indicating the date of arrival to and departure from Thailand

Again these 2 point definitely weren't there before.

1)As i have never book my full stay at best first night on arrival was booked and photo copy produced  though i just think i only put hotel name down as info required.

2) I know for sure this point was not there as i went to a travel agent and booked a ticket (and not pay for it) just to get the paperwork for a METV if needed but it wasn't.

image.png.472c0f64a6dbe3f3546e0bc4b99ba2f5.png

image.png.ded799e9cc2dabc37f5d2e38b6713e61.png

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

So, they have dropped the requirement for a letter from your employer for the METV ?

Good news if true.

7 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

So, they have dropped the requirement for a letter from your employer for the METV ?

Good news if true.

I have never had to fulfill that for a METV  the rest they added isn't good news.

UK website has not changed apart from:

1st of April, all applications must be made online.

Price of Tourist Visas rise to £30 & £150.

4 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

UK website has not changed apart from:

1st of April, all applications must be made online.

Price of Tourist Visas rise to £30 & £150.

Yes we got a price rise as well METV from $250 AUD to $ 275 AUD @ SETV up similar in price  2 years ago

No online applications as yet i dont think as still has link to forums.

Consulate I use (Cardiff) still the same as before, other than price change.

Rules for visas can be different in various countries though. eg UK not giving a Non-O unless in receipt of State Pension, which isn’t the case everywhere.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

8 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Good news if true.

How many jobs give you 6 months off?......This requirement is first class stupid... 

8 minutes ago, fforest said:

How many jobs give you 6 months off?......This requirement is first class stupid... 

The visa is intended for people who want to make a few visits within a 6 month period not to enable someone to stay for a 6 month period - though that is allowed. Really a replacement for the old double-entry visa.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

7 minutes ago, davidge said:

The visa is intended for people who want to make a few visits within a 6 month period not to enable someone to stay for a 6 month period - though that is allowed. Really a replacement for the old double-entry visa.

A much harder to get (and less friendly) replacement that is....The old double and triple tourist  visas were easy to get....I know my old passport if full of them...

1 hour ago, fforest said:

A much harder to get (and less friendly) replacement that is....The old double and triple tourist  visas were easy to get....I know my old passport if full of them...

Yes i got my first double entry free promo for the GFC happening encouraging tourists to come.

And by reading new requirements even harder

This one gets me the most. Confirmed accommodation under your name for the duration of your stay in Thailand  This point for a SETV or METV though it can be done with some emailing ect as a doggy is really silly when you think about your actual arrival date and departure date for most . 

i normally arrive one night in hotel booked then find condo for 6 months.With a trip to angeles.

2 hours ago, fforest said:

reading uk website still a requirement. But not for australians.

image.png.2d69c1523affa33f608a8213f4502df4.png

11 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Good news if true.

doesn't look like it for you guys.

Archived