IGNORED

Visit to UK for short holiday

MrJ200

Apologies if this is the wrong board but I would just like some information about the visa for TGF. (2 week holiday)

We both work in Bangkok so obviously have reason to return and I’m aware of the documents that need to be submitted. She has adequate funds and will be paying for her ticket.

With regards to the visa application, A lot of the information on the internet refers to having a ‘sponsor’.

Technically I wouldn’t be sponsoring her trip because she is paying for herself. Would she have to mention during the process she’s traveling with me although I’m not paying for her trip?

Furthermore, We would be staying at my parents ‘holiday home’ during the visit rather than a hotel - would I need any evidence/letter from them too?

A little overwhelmed with the necessities at the moment. Cheers.

Just a Welshman living the dream in BKK

I think she have a very good chance to get a UK visa cos she have a creditable job in Bangkok and a healthy bank account .  A letter from her job telling the UK Visa that she has no reason to leave the job ,  would help her massively plus a letter from you saying that you are working in Bangkok and going home with her to your home for holidays will also help . If you are unsure , why not bring her to UK embassy/Consulate office in Bangkok and ask . Best of luck . 

11 minutes ago, jocky king said:

I think she have a very good chance to get a UK visa cos she have a creditable job in Bangkok and a healthy bank account .  A letter from her job telling the UK Visa that she has no reason to leave the job ,  would help her massively plus a letter from you saying that you are working in Bangkok and going home with her to your home for holidays will also help . If you are unsure , why not bring her to UK embassy/Consulate office in Bangkok and ask . Best of luck . 

Cheers. I tried to get in touch but VFS would not deal with specifics over the phone, quite disappointing really. 

Just a Welshman living the dream in BKK

She'd need as much supporting evidence as she can get to be safe

Bank/savings/pay statements (6 months)

Letters from employer/you/parents to support the visa

Rental agreement for your thia house

Itinerary of the trip

I took my unemployed pinay gf to the UK last year(who had never left Philippines before) she got turned down first application, but 2nd time got approved (I just included more supporting documents)

Now your gf has a job etc so I'm sure you will be ok, if you get refused (which I doubt) just reapply

Good luck

I think when they refer to sponsor , this would be UK resident , in this case your parents as you plan to stay in their house 

I have sponsor ed many Thai into UK ,no money involved just a guarantee 

Archived