IGNORED

Urban/Urban Attitude/City Garden/Avenue Residence/The Base/ Siam Oriental/Talay 6

Newadventure

1 hour ago, galt67 said:

Regarding "empty shells":

The commenter who said this is speaking from 100% ignorance.

Considering I own and live here (seven years), there VERY few (if any?) 'empty shell' condos in VT6.

Bottom line: Budget, minimum, 3.3M/B for a 48sqm studio with NO view. 4.3 will get you a view.

few hundred unsold empty Schells , if you dont know this or even bothered to go se list at juristic office why even bother posting when you obviously dont have even the smallest clue  ?

anyone just walk to juristic office and view the list of all unsold schells  , way too many clowns here stating things with 0 facts or knowledge .

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

1 hour ago, talung66 said:

All i can find you without you walking in and talking to the juristic  or sales offices is this number out the front that advertise sale of still shell units from developer.

+ read tread link page 54 from post 1131 there maybe info that helps.

image.png.df4d180837347c12182d1a1187355ff0.png

why is there a big for sale sign out the front selling units.

Unfortunately the  replier is the one that has no insight on the market there are many and i have seen them. and seen them being shown to prospective buyers.

Read from post 1331 on page 54 where other bm reply saying this is fact with unsold units empty shells still available in the 200 to 300 still available and unsold range.

Thanks for the response bro. I'll be back in july so i'm gonna do some sniffing around when I get in town.

10 hours ago, Pmurff107 said:

Thanks for the response bro. I'll be back in july so i'm gonna do some sniffing around when I get in town.

As you see by responses in both treads now galt67 was the one with insight.

i won't use his words of.The commenter who said this is speaking from 100% ignorance.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

few hundred unsold empty Schells , if you dont know this or even bothered to go se list at juristic office why even bother posting when you obviously dont have even the smallest clue  ?
anyone just walk to juristic office and view the list of all unsold schells  , way too many clowns here stating things with 0 facts or knowledge .
How much are these shells? way lower than foreign ownership?

4 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
14 hours ago, Larssonn said:

im not 100% sure and dont have the pictures of the lists here but if i recall correct around 2,6-2,8 , bare in mind empty Schells "bathrooms are made" and low floor and quite bad view .

corner units facing second road from floor 17 and downwards around 6,5-7 mthb also made bathroom but rest is Schell .

19th floor corner opposite mine was also empty and still is facing second road and almost every corner from that floor and downwards are Schells too.

i would however NOT advice buying theese for obvious reasons why they remain unsold . normal sale price on midd floor studios in FOREIGN name facing Walking Street is around 3,3-3,6 fully furnished and high standard so nothing to save really at all and would make a very bad deal buying theese Schell studios , same goes for the corners aswell as everything is in thai quota .

there is a reason why developer cant sell all theese hundreds of units but seems they dont care either as unsold after all theese years and from what i understand its a crazy rich chineese/thai family behind all view talays and the only ones who doesnt have HUNDREDS of unsold Schells are vt1-2 and maybe 3 …..havent bothered checking vt3 as its a awfull position in my taste far from exactly everything except beach .

in order of worse % sold "correct me if im wrong" regarding how many empty Schells ...vt 8-5-7-6-3-2-1

last studio i know wich was sold was middle floor , sold at 3.3 mthb .

last corner i know sold , 7,2 mthb

ofcourse asking prices everywhere isnt even near theese but theese are actual sale prices i know of hope they help your decision .

have a look at city garden , seems to be quite nice sales in there pricewise , as of investment or such i cant advice as never bought or owned in there myself .

46 sqm just above 2 mthb as example .

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

Not going to quote all of Larsson’s post but can confirm LOTS of empty shells still in VT7, including plenty of availability in the foreign quota. Pretty much all the units on the side bits of the building, as opposed to the central part, are still unsold. They’re a bit of an odd shape, I understand. Developers unwilling to bargain very much on price though. A friend considered buying there but they wouldn’t really bargain enough. He bought elsewhere.

I am wondering if VT7 is actually generating enough annual income for maintenance etc now. I’ve stayed there twice, 3 years apart, and the decline in security was very obvious. They were also trying to leave corridor lights off at night if they could.

My understanding of VT6 is that shells are available only in Thai quota - but I’m not 100%.

Yes, availability in VT5 as well. Don’t think there are any shells in VT1 or 2.

VT8 is, I thought, a separate development by one of the daughters. Not sold from the main View Talay office in front of VT2 but has it’s own sales office. Plenty of availability there.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

yes thai quota for vt6 and also if you look at the economic for vt6 there are millions of thb in unpaid maintence fees while some maintence is delayed like elevators as an example , no idea about this regarding other buildings tho as i havent looked at any papers but would guess alot worse in specially vt 5-7-8 

A few weeks ago i heard the sinking fund / maintenance fees had been syphoned off at VT2, some falang apparently. Haven't heard anything since

9 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

what larssonn said or developer selling price from 10 years ago minus the 20% discount there now offering.

what larssonn said or developer selling price from 10 years ago minus the 20% discount there now offering.
You'd need a big discount for a shite position condo, which is why they are still unsold i guess

21 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

You'd need a big discount for a shite position condo, which is why they are still unsold i guess

TIT where your property goes down in value over 10 years + and extra 20% and will keep on going down with the baht the way it is now.

Though some are selling condos  now and breaking even with a loss.

eg. with 100k AUD buy at 3mill in 2009 live there 10 years sell 2 mill break even

AUD was 30 Now 20.

Gecko & Alan Bolton are decent agents for letting & selling, used both with no issues.

Advise them what you are looking for and price range; also advise them to not waste your time by showing you the shite ones they cannot move.

We've rented in the Urban & City Centre residence; would not do again. We now rent in Diamond suites just off the Thappaya Road, great location, 5 minutes to Pratumak & Jomtien and 10 minutes on the baht bus route to Patts. there are condo's for sale there for around 2m but they will go lower as they've not shifted.

I was in a mates condo in Pratumak the other day, Nordic something or other and that was beautiful, excellent layout and location.beware of buying in a company name as capital gains tax is applied. Also insist on original documentation as we've twice been scammed by that. 

Good luck.

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Think it’s time to leave the personal disagreement over unsold units in VT6 there please.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

ALL four elevators now working at VT6.

BTW, Interior re-painting nearly complete throughout the building. Exterior re-painting to begin this October.

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 16:22, Scuba+ said:

A few weeks ago i heard the sinking fund / maintenance fees had been syphoned off at VT2, some falang apparently. Haven't heard anything since

Was there actually theft?  Shortage of funds  could be the result of operating costs continuing to rise during the years and not raising the CAM fees.

The foreign and Thai ownership rates can change at anytime. As an example a couple years ago at my complex a Swiss owner died leaving his unit to his Thai wife, as a result the foreign ownership percentage decreased.

Was there actually theft?  Shortage of funds  could be the result of operating costs continuing to rise during the years and not raising the CAM fees.
Yes theft and big, it was on a thread either here or thaivisa i can't remember

Archived