Jump to content

Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Santana187

Wtf? Kev-In-Thailand diagnosed with cancer?

Recommended Posts

overseas516
4 minutes ago, gandt said:

 

I hope the treatment Kev is getting works out for him. Cheers to the people who are helping him out. Karma to Bum Gun and his Bang Na creep friend who wish the worst for him. 

Agree + 1 :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gandt
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Whalley said:

It could just be a Canadian thing, but we have a term for people like Kevin with such indulgence, 60 year-olds with an apartment and truck:  Pauper

We don't speak that way where I come from in Canada. A small condo in Toronto or Van can  easy be worth $1m. Let me guess, Alberta?

Edited by gandt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sargon76



Do any Americans retire that young?


Only if they had a government job that offers one the few actual pensions avalible here these days, thosw folks do their 20 to 30 years and retire pretty comfortably (so aged 45 - 60ish in most cases). Most folks just work until they are either dead or physically unable to work. Some of the shrinking middle class retire with some savings but mostly over 65. At my last job we had a salesman who 77 and still going in everyday.
Generally speaking the American Protestant Work Ethic means you should work till you die.
I agree, best wishes and good karma to Kev, we are all mostly just people trying to get by and find happiness where we can.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gogosenpai
3 hours ago, gandt said:

Do any Americans retire that young? There are some like Bum Gun down in Rayong who have lived a lifetime in semi retirement living off $350 a month from Mommy. Well that and stealing from his kid's trust fund. POS! 

I hope the treatment Kev is getting works out for him. Cheers to the people who are helping him out. Karma to Bum Gun and his Bang Na creep friend who wish the worst for him. 

I plan on retiring in Thailand but not sure when. Only 30 now so who knows what the future has but hitting the big 30 really sunk in how fast life is moving now and I went ahead and started my 401k. Getting old sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whalley
7 hours ago, mgthom75 said:

 

@Whalley I think you're underestimating the value of his assets.  I'll ask again...if you were in his predicament, would you seek to sell these non-essential assets as a first resort or instead request donations from subscribers to his vlog? 

 

Kevin has pretty much fuck-all for wealth as far any evidence presented here.

I believe Kevin when he says that future cancer treatments will wipe out all his cash reserves and then some.

If his apartment provides retirement income, quit calling it non-essential ffs!  It's like say he's a greedy bastard for not cashing out a life sustaining pension fund to survive his illness.

Aside from that you'd have to be a cruel cunt says a man has to sell his wheels before accepting any help from friends.  Like selling his truck is  going to make any significant difference in the grand scheme of his sad dilemma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whalley
9 hours ago, gandt said:

We don't speak that way where I come from in Canada. A small condo in Toronto or Van can  easy be worth $1m. Let me guess, Alberta?

 

Next province east where an apartment has similar value to Kevin's.

.

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gandt
1 hour ago, Whalley said:

 

Next province east where an apartment has similar value to Kevin's.

.

image.jpeg

OK, well that explains things. Land of the Green People. We would get invaded by them every 2nd weekend in Sept. A good year was when our Blue were thumping them Riders by halftime so the Green People made for the exists. It would be a long ride home down the TransCanada for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
big shooter
22 minutes ago, gandt said:

OK, well that explains things. Land of the Green People. We would get invaded by them every 2nd weekend in Sept. A good year was when our Blue were thumping them Riders by halftime so the Green People made for the exists. It would be a long ride home down the TransCanada for them.

And both provinces are home to some of the finest people in the country. I've never met a prairie person I didn't like.  Maybe I haven't met enough of them yet, but until then I'll stick to my statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
big shooter
5 hours ago, Whalley said:

Aside from that you'd have to be a cruel cunt says a man has to sell his wheels before accepting any help from friends.  Like selling his truck is  going to make any significant difference in the grand scheme of his sad dilemma

In Thailand it would make a huge difference but that doesn't make the first part of your statement any less true.  If people chose to help him out, up to them.

I watched a couple of Kev's videos and found them informative but I've got trouble getting past that accent for some reason.  My parents were from the Isle of Wight, maybe it's a caste thing.  Anyways, I wish the guy well with his recovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whalley
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, big shooter said:

And both provinces are home to some of the finest people in the country. I've never met a prairie person I didn't like.  Maybe I haven't met enough of them yet, but until then I'll stick to my statement.

 

Yes fine people who help each other in times of need.

No decent person would ever expect a man to sell his pickup truck for any reason, even in life or death matters. 

In Dog River a truck's a mans identity ffs!

Brent who runs the Corner Gas station  helps complete strangers just passing through town on a routine basis.  Always in the local news for his acts of kindness.  Same with the litte spinner on the left who runs the local Ruby's cafe.

 I'm sure you probably even know them:

 

.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

Edited by Whalley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spursman

I wanna go to Dog River!!!

when does the white tailed deer hunting season start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whalley
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Spursman said:

I wanna go to Dog River!!!

when does the white tailed deer hunting season start?

Not to drift off topic (31 pages of Kevin bashing) but there is not a white tail deer within 500 kms of Dog River.  It's pronghorn country.  

Mark Sept 1st on your calendar and come join us.

.

image.jpeg

Edited by Whalley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scuba+

Can't say i approve of that but might be fun with Soi dogs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
golden_boy

The vlogger '20 seconds Rob' did a video yesterday called 'update on kev'. However, as with any update vlog about kev, that Rob does is pretty pointless. He spent 90% of the vlog waving to the camera saying hi to people commenting on the livestream. The only mention about kev was to say, check out kevs channel to see kevs vlog. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usexpat46
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, gandt said:

Do any Americans retire that young? There are some like Bum Gun down in Rayong who have lived a lifetime in semi retirement living off $350 a month from Mommy. Well that and stealing from his kid's trust fund. POS! 

I hope the treatment Kev is getting works out for him. Cheers to the people who are helping him out. Karma to Bum Gun and his Bang Na creep friend who wish the worst for him. 

Americans who work in the public sector (Federal, state, county, city and school teachers can retire at 55 if they've worked 30 years.  A few even at 50 if its a demanding job like law enforcement.  A friend of mine who worked  as a teacher in California put in 40 years so his retirement was 80% of his last years salary (2% a year) which equaled $6K a month  When you're working you only get 92% because the other 8% is taken out for retirement and medicare.  However the best job if you want to retire early is military service.  Join at 18 and put in at least 20 years (you get 2 1/2%) for each year so 20 years get you 50% of your last years salary ,plus you get an annual COLA and you're only 38 years old and have medical coverage. Then when you turn 62 you can qualify for the social security pension, thus receiving 2 pensions for the same 20 years of service.

Edited by usexpat46

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hotlanta

Kev's channel is one of the first ones I discovered in the Pattaya Vlog scene.  Got to meet him at one of those Wednesday bar meetings.  I wish him the very best of luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mgthom75
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Whalley said:

 

Kevin has pretty much fuck-all for wealth as far any evidence presented here.

I believe Kevin when he says that future cancer treatments will wipe out all his cash reserves and then some.

If his apartment provides retirement income, quit calling it non-essential ffs!  It's like say he's a greedy bastard for not cashing out a life sustaining pension fund to survive his illness.

Aside from that you'd have to be a cruel cunt says a man has to sell his wheels before accepting any help from friends.  Like selling his truck is  going to make any significant difference in the grand scheme of his sad dilemma.

We obviously have a different perspective on when it's appropriate to request charitable donations on a vlog or GoFundMe.  I personally would only do it as a last resort but you obviously have a different opinion (which I totally respect and certainly wouldn't use language like 'cruel cunt' for disagreeing with you).

To be clear, his apartment and truck do not provide 'retirement income'...they just consume additional monthly expenses...the former is empty and the latter is not essential in Pattaya (presumably unlike where you live). Relying on other posters, he may also have one or two other properties he could sell; and vehicles in Thailand are worth a lot more compared to the US or Canada, because of the crazy import taxes.

If he were desperately in need, I could understand him asking for help on YouTube and GoFundMe...as I've said before, I'd gladly contribute to his health expenses if he made more of an effort to sell these non-essential assets. Selling his truck alone would easily cover the additional 400,000 baht required to fund his surgery.

I think he's taking a big risk by expecting donors alone to cover this shortfall since he's only raised $14000 last time I looked and most of that was wiped out by recent complications.

Out of interest, have you contributed to his health expenses?

Edited by mgthom75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leedsmick
On 15/07/2019 at 13:41, Whalley said:

Kevin in no way a wealthy person.  A few assets, yes.  The notion that so many on here subscribe, that Kevin should have to sell his last assets and become penniless is just heartless. 

His assets are the same as mine or your bank accounts etc etc.. if you need to dip in you need to dip in??

If I had to put my holiday on a credit card and pay it off over the months I was back home/cold/bored/dreaming of my next trip I wouldn’t expect others to feel my pain?

i feel sorry for the guy and his illness but if Joe blogs was next to him in the same boat he wouldn’t have had any help as he’s not on youtube.. what’s a holiday home in a place you done go compared to your health treatment??.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mgthom75
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Leedsmick said:

His assets are the same as mine or your bank accounts etc etc.. if you need to dip in you need to dip in??

If I had to put my holiday on a credit card and pay it off over the months I was back home/cold/bored/dreaming of my next trip I wouldn’t expect others to feel my pain?

i feel sorry for the guy and his illness but if Joe blogs was next to him in the same boat he wouldn’t have had any help as he’s not on youtube.. what’s a holiday home in a place you done go compared to your health treatment??.

Agreed.  An empty apartment in Spain is a luxury  he can afford to get rid of before asking for charity IMHO. I pray he gets better but I do hope he tries to liquidate non-essential assets before asking for help from others.

Edited by mgthom75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gandt
11 hours ago, Whalley said:

Brent who runs the Corner Gas station  helps complete strangers just passing through town on a routine basis.  Always in the local news for his acts of kindness.  Same with the litte spinner on the left who runs the local Ruby's cafe.

image.jpeg

Too bad for Brent that he wasn't in Thailand where he would have a chance at Lacey rather than being stuck with Wanda.

Something I'm having a tough time understanding is why some people have concerns with others helping Kev out. This is very small money we're talking of and a very serious health condition. It's obvious Kev is using substantial portions of his own wealth to cover his treatment. This is not a case of people paying for something they would rather not by way of tax. Is it just a black heart thing, such as with POS Bender, or what? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sac Les
8 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

 However the best job if you want to retire early is military service.  Join at 18 and put in at least 20 years (you get 2 1/2%) for each year so 20 years get you 50% of your last years salary ,plus you get an annual COLA and you're only 38 years old and have medical coverage. Then when you turn 62 you can qualify for the social security pension, thus receiving 2 pensions for the same 20 years of service.

Not to get too far off topic but, military retirement would more accurately be described as a change of occupations. I worked 17 years after "retiring" from the military. I know and have known many military retirees and none of them actually stopped working after military retirement, unless they were unable to work due to a disability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usexpat46
3 hours ago, Sac Les said:

Not to get too far off topic but, military retirement would more accurately be described as a change of occupations. I worked 17 years after "retiring" from the military. I know and have known many military retirees and none of them actually stopped working after military retirement, unless they were unable to work due to a disability.

True, but you noticed I said "Want to retire early"".  I'm not aware of any other job in America where one can retire at age 38 without a disability and receive 50% of their last years salary, plus annual COLAs, plus medical coverage. Then as an added bonus be elgible for a Social Security pension at age 62.  I know of a few like yourself who went to work after retiring and got jobs in the public sector like the state of California and qualified for Cal PERS (public employees retirement system) thus they receive 3 pensions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Welshpat
Quote

 

Kev was due to have his operation sometime in the week just gone, does anyone know if it went ahead and how it went and more important how Kev is and what the long term prognosis is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr_wimpy
On 18/07/2019 at 14:00, golden_boy said:

The vlogger '20 seconds Rob' did a video yesterday called 'update on kev'. However, as with any update vlog about kev, that Rob does is pretty pointless. He spent 90% of the vlog waving to the camera saying hi to people commenting on the livestream. The only mention about kev was to say, check out kevs channel to see kevs vlog. 

I think fair dues to Rob whether you like him or not, because he is trying to help the best he can.  They’re obviously mates.

All the camera equipment must be worth a few bob too.  Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr_wimpy
On 17/07/2019 at 04:06, Pheat said:

Plenty of (google)companies in the UK and Spain who specialise in buying property below the market value very quickly.

 

My uncle bought a diving dry suit off the family of one of his mates for cheap, who actually drowned wearing it.  He was on the same boat when it happened and witnessed it all.

I thought that was more than a little fucked up, but apparently it was a really good dry suit and they were the same size. 

He’s 72 now and rides around north Thailand on a chopper in his flip flops. 

Point is, don’t get materialised about shit.  Just sell it if your life is on the line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.