Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Santana187

Wtf? Kev-In-Thailand diagnosed with cancer?

griffithvoice

Gees I had no idea the guy had cancer. He really isnt my cup of tea and I doubt I'm his target market but I woyldntcwish that on my worst enemy.

Chemo is brutal so I hope he manages to pull through with a decent prognosis!

dingbat22

I am hoping that Kev is getting better, but it seems no News is Good News. Anyone see him at his meetup ??. How is he doing??

Gerter23

Wish him all the best. I'm not a big fan of his channel but going trough chemo is not funny at all. I hope he gets the best treatment available and recovers soon.

plahgat

He has lost a lot of weight, but seems otherwise doing OK!

Plahgat

Levi

Thanks to @forcebwithu for linking this thread to my question.  I had no idea there was a thread on Kev.

I'm in Pattaya Oct hope to catch up with Kev and he's even in better health.  I met him across from the RG in 2016 as he and I know the owner. I joked with him about his vlogs. I said he's the only one I have to rewind to catch words and I was born in Scotland 55555

He told me his new teeth were too big....

NorCalKid
On 30/06/2019 at 07:40, plahgat said:

He has lost a lot of weight, but seems otherwise doing OK!

Plahgat

That shop looks worth checking out.  

striderman
6 hours ago, NorCalKid said:

That shop looks worth checking out.  

it is.............. but it's not easy to reach. darkside south of south pattaya rd, inland and once you are past the railway line mostly uphill. ok in a car, a bugger on foot

gdogg

UPDATE:

thinkingallowed
45 minutes ago, gdogg said:

UPDATE:

Don't really follow this but what is the reason that he can't return to the UK for treatment?

farangliam

i imagine he doesn't have a home there anymore, would require to bunk with family or rent. which isn't ideal when you are recovering from cancer. Plus there is the cost of renting / living in the UK while recovering. Also, having the cost of his thai life to maintain too. Probs works out even when you take the cost of paying for it in thailand vs getting it free plus having to pay the other costs. I suspect the treatment would be very similar. Lastly, i imagine if he were at deaths door. Where better to get a death bed blow job than Thailand? Can't get that on the nhs lads

thinkingallowed
40 minutes ago, farangliam said:

i imagine he doesn't have a home there anymore, would require to bunk with family or rent. which isn't ideal when you are recovering from cancer. Plus there is the cost of renting / living in the UK while recovering. Also, having the cost of his thai life to maintain too. Probs works out even when you take the cost of paying for it in thailand vs getting it free plus having to pay the other costs. I suspect the treatment would be very similar. Lastly, i imagine if he were at deaths door. Where better to get a death bed blow job than Thailand? Can't get that on the nhs lads

He can’t afford to live or die here it would seem either. 

thairak

I am so surprised that Kev did not understand this procedure , I did explain this on this thread way back in the early stages.

I had this same op myself in the UK under the NHS, who are world class at this , I did also explain that time was of the essence.

and I fear that it has been left too long in Kevs case, I do hope I am wrong but this cancer is agressive and travels fast.

by the size of the tumor as explained by kev, it was already very advanced before the initial diagnosis, that means there is no time to

waste  the chemo is to contain the growth rate before the op. they have mucked around keeping kev in hospital for chemo and radiotherapy,

when those things sre carried out as outpatient, and  at much less cost . In LOS healthcare is a business and that business wants to take money,

to the maximum possible ....money number one in Thailand.

He talks about around 1.5 mil baht for the op. but the aftercare is probably a lot more , the recovery period is just fkking awful, they drag you from the bed to get you moving, with two big drain bittles on floor trollies and arm drips and oxygen . Physio and a nurse drag you around like this every day

feed is through a pipe to the stomach for about 6 months ( I was issued this automatic feed setup and instructed in its use to take home at the time of my discharge)

but before that can happen you have to be able to pass the swallow test , where they check that all joins are leakproof inside the body.

and you must be able to climb a flight of stairs and decend again unaided, of course by that time all drips and drains are gone. and your weight has to show signs of increasing. The amount of care involved with medical staff , physio, scans , xrays etc.is huge.

and after you are home the visiting Nurse calls everyday to change dressings. the feed pipe is removed by the hospital when recovery is complete.

when you can eat as normal, and increase weight.

So it doesn't take much thinking about for cost  , i.e. the sky's the limit,   Good luck with it kev I wish you well.

But I know where I would rather be.

golden_boy
Posted (edited)

I wish Kev all the best. Met him a few times over tge last few years at the meet night (last time was this February). 

My dad died of cancer 11 years ago now (was too late to do anything for him when it was discovered). My dad didnt go through any operations, however Ive read in the past that the cancer can return in the exact same place within days/weeks? after surgery. @thairak ...  not in your case. But I fear your right, ive got a bad feeling for Kev (genuinely hope im wrong).

One things for sure the cost is just going to go up and up ... already it was 1 million baht for the original chemo/radio ... then the 11.000 dollars for the stomach problem ... now 1.2 million for the OP ...

If the cancer returns soon after and another OP is needed, will that be another 1.2 million. 

Whichever way it is, its a terrible situation Kev is currently in. 

Edited by golden_boy
Edit

TOPCHEF
2 hours ago, golden_boy said:

I wish Kev all the best. Met him a few times over tge last few years at the meet night (last time was this February). 

My dad died of cancer 11 years ago now (was too late to do anything for him when it was discovered). My dad didnt go through any operations, however Ive read in the past that the cancer can return in the exact same place within days/weeks? after surgery. @thairak ...  not in your case. But I fear your right, ive got a bad feeling for Kev (genuinely hope im wrong).

One things for sure the cost is just going to go up and up ... already it was 1 million baht for the original chemo/radio ... then the 11.000 dollars for the stomach problem ... now 1.2 million for the OP ...

If the cancer returns soon after and another OP is needed, will that be another 1.2 million. 

Whichever way it is, its a terrible situation Kev is currently in. 

Very negative towards Kev.....those fighting Cancer need every hope ..to be able to survive  and beat this horrible disease ....they don’t need to be told that it can return.....even before it has gone ...!!!!!!

Those with Cancer need to be surrounded by positivity ....

There are over 200 types of Cancer ....each one is different ....and a lot of it depends on the actual time it was diagnosed !!!!!

bukone
5 hours ago, farangliam said:

I’d imagine only the richest of Thais get the best treatment in Thailand, I think he needs to get back to the uk ASAP if he is able too.

having seen family members and friends going through treatment and then passing away the last thing he will want is a blow job on his death bed.

don’t know his family situation but if he has children or loving family members I think he would be better off with them, by the sounds of it he is in a long battle.

Dazza118

He wouldn't be able to get help now on the NHS now anyway.

He is an expat who has been living abroad for many years. The NHS is a residence-based healthcare system.

Stillearly
3 minutes ago, Dazza118 said:

He is an expat who has been living abroad for many years. The NHS is a residence-based healthcare system.

Not sure that's true , I knew an expat that had lived in Thailand for 10+ years , got Cirrhosis, returned to UK , was taken care of and eventually had a liver transplant , this was fairly recently 

thairak
4 minutes ago, Dazza118 said:

I have never in my 76 years of England ever heard of a British NHS Hospital turning anyone away, nor Ambulance or paramedics refusing assistance

so that sir , I am sorry to say is bullshit

mgthom75
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, thairak said:

I have never in my 76 years of England ever heard of a British NHS Hospital turning anyone away, nor Ambulance or paramedics refusing assistance

so that sir , I am sorry to say is bullshit

He wouldn't get free healthcare on the NHS.  They might not turn him away but he would get billed.

Edited by mgthom75

Harry Brown
1 hour ago, TOPCHEF said:

Very negative towards Kev.....those fighting Cancer need every hope ..to be able to survive  and beat this horrible disease ....they don’t need to be told that it can return.....even before it has gone ...!!!!!!

There are over 200 types of Cancer ....each one is different ....and a lot of it depends on the actual time it was diagnosed !!!!!

I have had cancer and didn't see that post as negative.

thairak
1 minute ago, mgthom75 said:

He wouldn't get free healthcare on the NHS.  They might not turn him away but he would get billed.

and if he couldn't pay He would be given benefits and shelter and later a council flat or accomodation.

golden_boy
1 hour ago, TOPCHEF said:

Was not being negative towards Kev. I agree positive outlook goes a long way. As I mentioned in my post, genuinely hope Kev pulls through. 

golden_boy
54 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Not sure that's true , I knew an expat that had lived in Thailand for 10+ years , got Cirrhosis, returned to UK , was taken care of and eventually had a liver transplant , this was fairly recently 

Dont want to hijack this thread, I was recently hospitalized having been flown back to the UK from Vietnam (long story but I was gravely ill and very nearly died). Long story short, because I was Hospitalized from Abroad, I had to go through all the added stress of proving my UK residency (council Tax bill/bank statement showing UK transactions/Original flight Dates/Travel insurance Documents/Dates etc etc). Was interrogated like somekind of criminal. I did prove my residency. This is somekind of rule that was brought in or ammended in 2017 or 2018 I believe. I was in a private room in hospital, so at least I was not infront of other patients when these people visited me/interrogated me. Was under enough stress as it was and was still very ill. Another horrendous part of an overall horiffic experience I went through (April of this year).

golden_boy
52 minutes ago, thairak said:

and if he couldn't pay He would be given benefits and shelter and later a council flat or accomodation.

You think its that easy to just waltz into the Country and be given housing/accomadation/benefits?

There would be weeks if not months of phone calls to the likes of DWP/Council/Citizens advice. Hours upon hours on the phone. 

If Kev did return to the UK, Unless he had accomadation already lined up, he would be under no fit state to be going through all those things. Luckily I already had my place (getting a relative to get all the documents was more problematic)

If Kev would return with no Address/No income. Then your statement of 'he would get benefits/accomadation' would not be quite so strauight forward. Check out something called the 'habitual residency test' for people who have been out of the country for more than 30 days in the last 2 years. That alone would wipe out almost all options Kev would have of claiming any kind of benefits.

golden_boy
1 hour ago, mgthom75 said:

This is true. Ive mentioned on my post what happened with me. Had I not proved my UK residency, they would have still treated me, but I would have been billed.