Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Santana187

Wtf? Kev-In-Thailand diagnosed with cancer?

Santana187
Posted (edited)

Diagnosed last week with esophagus cancer. His videos are a guilty pleasure of mine, I'm kinda shocked :o

Edited by Santana187

sg1912

Sad to hear, hopefully he pulls through.

overseas516

I do not follow his channel but i certainly wish him every success in fighting his cancer. Brings it home to everyone though 1million Baht to fight the cancer and always have health insurance in place for piece of mind.

Good luck 

raviinc

Oh, it’s damn sad I have seen all his videos which were very informative about Pattaya. One million bhat for treatment sound ok compared to the west. I never saw him smoke or drink a lot in his videos, I know it’s very difficult to determine the cause of cancer but keeping away from known carcinogens reduces the risk. Unfortunately I am a mild smoker and whisky drinker and these kind of scenarios scare me. I wonder what could have been the cause the Esophageal cancer, I was told that recurrent acid reflux in the stomach is one of the causes. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

jumbojet

The fact that it is contained is quite promising. Good luck to him 

silverfox53

I hope this is fake news - he's one of the very few I have no problem with.  If it's true then all the very best to this harmless, helpful fella.

Lhasa

Apparently it was caught very early so outlook is very positive, however. He's a fool to not be insured. Whether you dislike Thai vloggers or not, you don't wish this upon anyone and i hope he makes a speedy recovery.

dingbat22

This is sad news, I have met Kev and he is a very nice indeed, always helpful... As this cancer has been caught early and has not metastasized yet, hopefully he can nip it in the bud and carry on

Larry777

Sad news about Kevin. I've watched a few of his vids and he's doing a good job. I hope he will be fine soon and he will defeat the cancer. Chin up Kevin and all the best for your fight!

Mr_wimpy

Glad he's putting a brave face on.  Hope all goes well for the man.

Lok Jit

From my dealing with PBH a Million baht is most likely on the Low side of his forthcoming Bill...More times then Not it can go to double this amount or more...Hope Not

wengweng

As someone who has had a family member suffer with cancer, I know how bad  the effects can be. I hope he has lots of support from  family and members followers of his youtube channel . BEST OF LUCK MATE .

gentleman.jack.darby
1 hour ago, Lhasa said:

Apparently it was caught very early so outlook is very positive, however. He's a fool to not be insured. Whether you dislike Thai vloggers or not, you don't wish this upon anyone and i hope he makes a speedy recovery.

He said as much in his video (that he thought he was indestructible and foolish for not having insurance...yet) but he took responsibility and owned his decision - stand-up guy and refreshing to see him tell folks to learn from his example and get insurance...not often heard.

Sorry to hear that he caught a bad break and I wish him the best going forward

asmodeus
4 minutes ago, gentleman.jack.darby said:

He said as much in his video (that he thought he was indestructible and foolish for not having insurance...yet) but he took responsibility and owned his decision - stand-up guy and refreshing to see him tell folks to learn from his example and get insurance...not often heard.

Sorry to hear that he caught a bad break and I wish him the best going forward

+1

Not a fan of the videos but sad to hear this...

BlooBell

A bastard of a disease.

Wish him the very best in smashing it.

richie-rich

Just watched his latest vlog. Absolutely gutted for him, hope he gets well soon

Richie-rich

Klongwater

KiT put out a rambling vlog about his not having any health insurance a year ago,around the time G Briar died on the operating table of a government hospital up north. He said he wouldn't have to make an appeal for financial support if he ever got into trouble,as people would come forward and offer him financial support without being prompted....( from 9.20 on the following video)......

Hopefully,the old fella has acted just in time and this disease can be successfully beaten back.

Seems bizarre he discussed not having any medical insurance a year ago and then only intended to purchase some at the next renewal of a retirement visa. A curious decision in retrospect to sail on unprotected and now this awful diagnosis.

He isn't short of a bob or two and can afford private health care,fortunately. No government hospital for him then.

Mr Wombat

I havent watched the video but if it was me I would be on the first plane home and get treatment for free. Not sure if its the same in england

MrJ200
10 minutes ago, Mr Wombat said:

I havent watched the video but if it was me I would be on the first plane home and get treatment for free. Not sure if its the same in england

Yes free healthcare in the UK. I would urge all expats and tourists here to make sure they have a decent insurance plan in place. I’m 25 and working here, have a basic insurance package with work and also paying myself for a further package. You never know when you’re going to need it! 

dingbat22

Well as soon as he takes up residence in the UK he can avail of the NHS, however if I have a few bob and can afford the treatment then I would stay in Thailand because the UK NHS is in Dire straights and I do not think he would be put on treatment so soon in the UK

Klongwater
5 hours ago, raviinc said:

I never saw him smoke or drink a lot in his videos

KiT is a smoker,but doesn't like to show it on his broadcasts.

I think he said in the last week that he is planning to cut down on his cigarette consumption in the future though....as opposed to cut out? 

He's a crackpot if he even thinks about sparking another one up.

duffMaster

Not found of any of the video bloggers but no one deserves getting cancer. My dad is figthting it right now, he is doing good but It do suck, what it does to him and everyone around him. 

chris5566

I promise you it's not that easy to beat the nicotine addiction, cancer department regularly has the patient's smoking outside 

BarfineNutella
Posted (edited)

Sad news, Kev is a great guy from what I’ve seen on his vids.  Hoping the fella has ample support

Edited by BarfineNutella

WalterA

Causes of oesophageal cancer

Risk factors for oesophageal cancer include:

• high alcohol consumption
  • smoking tobacco
  • diet low in fresh fruit and vegetables
  • eating smoked, salted or pickled food
  • obesity
  • drinking very hot liquids (above 65 ?C) frequently
  • exposure to certain chemical fumes
  • family history of gastrointestinal disorders
  • certain medical conditions such as Barrett's oesophagus or gastro-intestinal reflux disease.