Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

ust arrived on a METV. needto notify my address?

HappyExpat

hi

i just arrived to  thailand on a METV.  should I  go immigration to notify my address? Or i can do in 2 months when i will go immigration for the 30 days extension?

i rented a condo using an agency.  should they are doing the TM.30
  for me or im responsible of it ?? how can i check if landlord/agency already do TM30 for me  ?

i read some reports that people get fined because they didnt report their address.

and some people claims that 
Visa Extensions not even being allowed without a copy of the “Receipt Of Notification” which landlords gets when then submit the TM30. is it true ?

How i will know if TM30 is already submitted or i should do it personelly ?

You would be better asking the person you rented from, than on here.

You will be fined if you have not reported your address already, when you go to do the 30 day extension.

When you go for the extension, you will need to have the receipt of payment or the rental agreement.

They then check on the computer whether you are already registered, and if you are, then attach a slip of paper into your passport, and you then can do the 30 day extension.

The way around this, is to use a Visa Agent.

But you need to contact the agency you rented the condo from, and find out whether they have done it for you or not.

thank you so much, i just should ask agency if already they submit tm30  ?  this is all i should ? should i get a document from my rental agency that they already submitted the form such as Receipt Of Notification”

and which agency would you recommend me in pattaya to do extension  ? a good agency can handle extension even if no tm30 submitted ?

im very new into town and sorry for my questions, i just dont wanna make any problem with my visa

thx

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/03/2019 at 10:05, kiev freak said:

hi

i just arrived to  thailand on a METV.  should I  go immigration to notify my address? Or i can do in 2 months when i will go immigration for the 30 days extension? immigration should to be notified within 24 hour of your arrival of residence 

i rented a condo using an agency.  should they are doing the TM.30  for me or im responsible of it ?? how can i check if landlord/agency already do TM30 for me  ? yes there responsibility or realy it is called the house masters responsibility. but your contract might say otherwise most do.

i read some reports that people get fined because they didnt report their address.You only get fined if your sitting in the office without one.

and some people claims that Visa Extensions not even being allowed without a copy of the “Receipt Of Notification” which landlords gets when then submit the TM30. is it true ? not sure just  fine of 2000 i think but i had a TM30 from my juristic office.

How i will know if TM30 is already submitted or i should do it personelly ? you should have a copy of one if not staying in a hotel or guesthouse.

On 09/03/2019 at 11:42, Taa_Saparot said:

You would be better asking the person you rented from, than on here.

You will be fined if you have not reported your address already, when you go to do the 30 day extension.

When you go for the extension, you will need to have the receipt of payment or the rental agreement.

They then check on the computer whether you are already registered, and if you are, then attach a slip of paper into your passport, and you then can do the 30 day extension.

The way around this, is to use a Visa Agent.

But you need to contact the agency you rented the condo from, and find out whether they have done it for you or not.

yes your correct. but most real estate agents will put a clause in the contract that is is the renters problem.

So to the OP your better of doing nothing in jomtiem yourself or agency wise as  you say you have a METV. as going there will only give you 30 days and cost between 1900 doing it yourself to 3000 via a agency.

Your best option is doing a visa run getting 60 days no TM30 issues.and it will cost less than 3000 just.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

16 minutes ago, talung66 said:

Your best option is doing a visa run getting 60 days no TM30 issues.and it will cost less than 3000 just.

I think I would rather spend the extra 200 baht and use an agent, than losing a day doing a Visa Run, never mind risking your life in one of those minibuses.

1 hour ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I would rather spend the extra 200 baht and use an agent, than losing a day doing a Visa Run, never mind risking your life in one of those minibuses.

You will discover it is a lot more than 200 baht to engage the services of an agent. If you do find one, pass it on ok

40 minutes ago, Jarrod2518 said:

You will discover it is a lot more than 200 baht to engage the services of an agent. If you do find one, pass it on ok

Border Run = 2800 baht

Visa Agent = 3000 baht

Difference = 200 baht

3 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I think I would rather spend the extra 200 baht and use an agent, than losing a day doing a Visa Run, never mind risking your life in one of those minibuses.

Yes so would i for just 30 days.  9 to 12 hours max depending on who you go with 

But we are answering a question from a OP that has a METV .  

And  we dont know how long the op is going to stay in thailand he may need to do one any way so he is wasting 3000 baht for just 30 days.

Where he can get 60 days for 2300 to 2800 baht if needed.

3 hours ago, talung66 said:

so to the OP your better of doing nothing in jomtiem yourself or agency wise as  you say you have a METV. as going there will only give you 30 days and cost between 1900 doing it yourself to 3000 via a agency.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

• 2 weeks later...

THANK you for all answers

• 2 weeks later...

just info, i stayed at Phuket, bangkok and pattaya in airbnb homes/residences. none of them registered me. all was with airbnb. so i applied certificate of residence and maneerat in soi post office registered my address, give me receipt of notification and get certificate of residence . i also did extension with them.all was very easy

• 1 month later...

Good questions. I'm thinking about getting a METV also. It is confusing though. 

On 18/03/2019 at 15:44, Jarrod2518 said:

If you go to get an extension and you have you not been registered its a 1600tb fine then you just pay the extension fee I think its 1900tb but not sure.

So 3,500tb all in.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

23 minutes ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

If you go to get an extension and you have you not been registered its a 1600tb fine then you just pay the extension fee I think its 1900tb but not sure.

So 3,500tb all in.

JDM

You are attempting to answer something that was directed to another BM, which was then answered.

Archived