IGNORED

Update your Google Chrome browser NOW

Woofiee

Usually I'd drop this in the computer section and leave but this is somewhat serious (hence the larger text, so even old King George can read it)

If you're using Google Chrome on your Window, Mac or Linux box, there is a zero-day active attack underway - you need to be up to Chrome 72.0.3626.121 to be safe. This attack targets "Google Chrome's FileReader --a web API included in all major browsers that lets web apps read the contents of files stored on the user's computer". 

Update NOW. 

Source: ZD-Net - https://www.zdnet.com/article/google-reveals-chrome-zero-day-under-active-attacks/

59 minutes ago, Woofiee said:

Usually I'd drop this in the computer section and leave but this is somewhat serious (hence the larger text, so even old King George can read it)

If you're using Google Chrome on your Window, Mac or Linux box, there is a zero-day active attack underway - you need to be up to Chrome 72.0.3626.121 to be safe. This attack targets "Google Chrome's FileReader --a web API included in all major browsers that lets web apps read the contents of files stored on the user's computer". 

Update NOW. 

Source: ZD-Net - https://www.zdnet.com/article/google-reveals-chrome-zero-day-under-active-attacks/

Here's a big thanks for the heads up!  I just updated mine to the newest version.

12 hours ago, Woofiee said:

you need to be up to Chrome 72.0.3626.121 to be safe.

Thanks for the informative post.  Just have a look at mine and happily already on this...

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/03/2019 at 07:19, nzwolfgang said:

Chrome is for noobs anyway. 

Chrome is the new IE - it wants to dominate the web with it's own proprietary methods. Unfortunately, with Windows now using Chromium, that only leaves Firefox on Windows. 

Yes firefox and opera with built in vpn are my choice.

On 05/04/2019 at 17:13, Woofiee said:

Chrome is the new IE - it wants to dominate the web with it's own proprietary methods. Unfortunately, with Windows now using Chromium, that only leaves Firefox on Windows. 

What is the thoughts on Brave ?

13 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

What is the thoughts on Brave ?

I'm on Mac & iOS, so Safari for me, that and NordVPN. 

On your question though, it seems Brave is dumping its own ads into the page in lieu of the publishers, which means

1. Brave can stop any ad they want, and
  2. Brave can add their own on top, which leads me to believe
  3. Brave can do both, if they choose to, at some time in the future. 

Ars Technica calls it double-dipping; I expect a triple-dip once the model fails to take off. 

Archived