Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bike wash. Is there a good place?

jiz

Wondering if there is a good bike wash around Pattaya/Jomtien?

By "good" I mean a place where the dimwits don't use a pressure washer on my electronics and bearing seals.

Over to you.

If you go up Pattaya Tai past Tukcom and cross 3rd Road, there is a large gas station there on the left and they have a car/bike wash in the back of the lot. I used them for years and they do a great job.

You can get a regular wash or pay a little more and get the bike detailed.

• Like 2

There are coin operated self wash machines around town.  One hose soap, one spray.  You don't have to use high pressure. Probably have to bring a towel.  

There are two on the soi between Shagwell Mansion and Sukimvit.  

Edited by NorCalKid

there is one on 3rd oad , go past boxing roo bar at soi lengkee and head towards big c extra just up past BLISS LOUNGE on your right  by about 600 meters 100baht , they do a good job , wash, dry and detail . highly recommend , have used them the last 2 yrs

Edited by onehunglo

On 13/03/2019 at 21:55, onehunglo said:

there is one on 3rd oad , go past boxing roo bar at soi lengkee and head towards big c extra just up past Bliss LOUNGE on your right  by about 600 meters 100baht , they do a good job , wash, dry and detail . highly recommend , have used them the last 2 yrs

Hi @onehunglo can you give me a Google maps link as I am confused with your directions?

Do you turn off Soi 3 or stay on it? If so which soi do you go down? The one past Bliss is a small dead end soi, the next one is also a dead end, Chaloem Phrakiat Alley 16...

Will give them a try when I next need a bike wash.

Thanks.

Do it yourself, takes 5-10 mins.

All the ones I've seen use high pressure

• Like 3

I stopped at the Ducati dealer, thinking they know of a reliable wash. “Behind BigC” was the suggestion. “Tell them not to spray too hard.”

Thinking I will go use the self service place suggested here and do it myself. 

8 hours ago, article22 said:

Hi @onehunglo can you give me a Google maps link as I am confused with your directions?

Do you turn off Soi 3 or stay on it? If so which soi do you go down? The one past Bliss is a small dead end soi, the next one is also a dead end, Chaloem Phrakiat Alley 16...

Will give them a try when I next need a bike wash.

Thanks.

if you re-read my post ... you stay on 3rd road and go past bliss lounge , it is about 600 mtrs past bliss lounge give or take as i have not measured it , same side of road as bliss YOU DO NOT TURN OFF

AS TO PIN POINTING IT ON GOOGLE MAPS I COULD NOT AS I HAVE NEVER TAKEN MUCH NOTICE OF THE SOI'S AROUND IT . i think there is a 7/11 or similar opposite , although not sure ... sorry i can't help you any further 

Edited by onehunglo

8 hours ago, onehunglo said:

if you re-read my post ... you stay on 3rd road and go past Bliss lounge , it is about 600 mtrs past Bliss lounge give or take as i have not measured it , same side of road as Bliss YOU DO NOT TURN OFF

AS TO PIN POINTING IT ON GOOGLE MAPS I COULD NOT AS I HAVE NEVER TAKEN MUCH NOTICE OF THE SOI'S AROUND IT . i think there is a 7/11 or similar opposite , although not sure ... sorry i can't help you any further 

A few places down from Infinity snooker hall.......:ThumbUp6:

I walked past one of those suggested by Norcal Kid when walking the dog 2 days ago. Thai bloke pulling the tin off the roof of one of the wash bays standing on top of the ladder and instead of opening it he leant it against a pole and of course he crashed . The Thai bloke next door berated him but as I think he owns it but if he had of helped maybe it wouldn't happen.

The op is quite right about high pressure hoses. The Australian Army bought a heap of them for the bases so they could clean vehicles. The amount of repaints was soaring. The did some chemical analysis and found that the pressure was weakening the paint . So it was back to mops and buckets. You could use the high pressure hose on your own vehicles but not Army plated ones. 

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

• 4 weeks later...

Been using the waterless wash spray lately in the States.   Stuff works great for just kind of road dirty bike(not for off road dirty).  Might look for some.   I  use those rags made for washing too.  

Been using turtle wax brand but there are lots of waterless bug and grease removers. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Rehashing this thread. Where to go for a decent clean to a decent buck these days? Did I understand correctly that there was one inside the Shell Gas Station (Pattaya Tai)?

There is a place behind "the Avenue" I use.  

If you drive on Soi 15 from the Avenue toward Soi Buakhao, it will be just past the massage shops, but in the back.

I forget the normal cost but I have a Forza and I think they charged me 140 baht.

53 minutes ago, Jackie2013 said:

Rehashing this thread. Where to go for a decent clean to a decent buck these days? Did I understand correctly that there was one inside the Shell Gas Station (Pattaya Tai)?

I think just before Covid.Maybe its still going 😋

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

There is a place behind "the Avenue" I use.  

If you drive on Soi 15 from the Avenue toward Soi Buakhao, it will be just past the massage shops, but in the back.

I forget the normal cost but I have a Forza and I think they charged me 140 baht.

I believe I use the same place.  Ladies do the wash.  Charge me 100 for a good wash.  180 for wash and paste wax.  

They do a good job imo.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, typhoon42 said:

I believe I use the same place.  Ladies do the wash.  Charge me 100 for a good wash.  180 for wash and paste wax.  

They do a good job imo.

Yes, that is it.

Yes, I was extremely happy with the outcome.

I forgot to mention it is on the right side past the massage shops, across from the 7-Eleven.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a self wash place in soi potisan, if you go on north pattaya road, coming from sukhumwith, you pass the gas station on your right, keep going, and the next traffic light you turn right, the road is called pattaya sai 3 alley. keep going down that road to next traffic light. turn right at this trafic light, then go about 50 meters and look to your left hand side, you will see the car/bike wash. It's all do it yourself with 10 baht coins, so remember to bring. I use normaly 60 baht so 6, 10 baht coins. They have high pressure washer, foam in an garden hose so you can spray on, and you can also buy a sponge there for like 20 baht, in the opening hours. The wash itself i 24/7, just the small shop next to it sells sponges and other things you might need. They also have high pressure air to blow the water off when you are done.

Very happy  with this shop, and you have the control, not some zero english speaking 12 yr old cambodian  immigrant, who will use the high pressure water EVERYWHERE and dry off your bike with the same towel he just used to clean the rims of the previous car..

If you don't bother to do it yourself tho, i know a shop in north Pattaya i would recomend. 

Bigbike Wash & Detailing North Pattaya is the name. They actually know what there doing, and is more high end, then the combodian worker shops i talk about earlier. this guys are car and bike Enthusiasts. It's 180 baht for my bike.

I leave the facebook link for those who need the address.

https://web.facebook.com/BigBikeClubNorthPattaya?_rdc=1&_rdr

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/03/2022 at 18:53, ketil_n said:

Bigbike Wash & Detailing North Pattaya is the name. They actually know what there doing, and is more high end, then the combodian worker shops i talk about earlier. this guys are car and bike Enthusiasts. It's 180 baht for my bike.

I leave the facebook link for those who need the address.

https://web.facebook.com/BigBikeClubNorthPattaya?_rdc=1&_rdr

Went to this place an hour ago, looks the part but all locked up and completely deserted.

Then tried the place on Soi 15 behind the avenue, closed today because "washer is sick" :sad: