Czmate

Sunbathing

Czmate

Is it me but don’t it somehow look strange when you’re on the beach and see these Russians 2 or 3 at a time just standing there with their arms out staring into the Sun. The other one is they nearly always roll up with a large bottle of Chang in a 7/11 bag.

keepitfun

If they’re hotties they can stand in front of my umbrella any time......sadly not too often.

Darwinmonger

Was in vt6 a few weeks ago, i used to  sit on the balcony and watch them and get a giggle, like they were on a chicken rotisserie, changing position every few minutes to get a 360° covering of skin cancer. If only they knew the strength and consequences of a holiday tan. Grew up in Queensland,  learnt my lesson the hard way.

Straw
48 minutes ago, Darwinmonger said:

Was in vt6 a few weeks ago, i used to  sit on the balcony and watch them and get a giggle, like they were on a chicken rotisserie, changing position every few minutes to get a 360° covering of skin cancer. If only they knew the strength and consequences of a holiday tan. Grew up in Queensland,  learnt my lesson the hard way.

Whilst the very vast majority look better with some colour the message will never hit home. Moderation I guess is the best way

Mr Wombat

Suntans in countries like russia are a sign of affluence - meaning they can afford a holiday to a warmer climate. 

The stand up thing actually works in the morning or afternoon, gives a better all over tan, like a chicken rotisserie mentioned above

dh842
Posted (edited)

I can actually understand the inner workings of a Thai mind better than a Russian mind. The Russians are totally foreign to me...

Edited by dh842
sp

vivid2

I'm fascinated by their habits, too. I've taken a few pics over the years; I always get a chuckle when I look at them.

490f6701fe7f0cc33d76c6f6e16c9730.jpge21c5bd3115c64610c3854d4a6cf48ed.jpg23158001ff960ef88640a0dc464f8aba.jpg51c95f08e0848402683dff94ae247fb1.jpg

sadisfied

zVvwgop.jpg.8483f39d08f1c047be4cb3f76cdc82a9.jpg

Wolf Cat
3 hours ago, vivid2 said:

I'm fascinated by their habits, too. I've taken a few pics over the years; I always get a chuckle when I look at them.

One afternoon I was with my TG sitting in those umbrella beach chairs in Jomtien and when I told her "See those farangs standing up in the sun?  They'er Russian" she asked me how did I know, I said that's what Russians do at the beach, stand up.

Who Me

490f6701fe7f0cc33d76c6f6e16c9730.jpge21c5bd3115c64610c3854d4a6cf48ed.jpg23158001ff960ef88640a0dc464f8aba.jpg51c95f08e0848402683dff94ae247fb1.jpg
OMFG, that can never be unseen

WhoMe~mobile

Daz Manc

So does that mean that they don't have any deck chairs at all, at resorts on the Black and Caspian Seas ???

Just a thought   :Ignore1:

Mr Wombat
1 hour ago, Daz Manc said:

So does that mean that they don't have any deck chairs at all, at resorts on the Black and Caspian Seas ???

Just a thought   :Ignore1:

The deck chairs in pattaya are under 100 umbrellas. Not ideal for getting a tan

Wolf Cat

I was in Jomtien Immigration the other day and in walks a shirtless farang in short pants, flip flops and covered in sweat....disgraceful.

FarangKiNok
1 hour ago, Wolf Cat said:

I was in Jomtien Immigration the other day and in walks a shirtless farang in short pants, flip flops and covered in sweat....disgraceful.

Im old but never had a problem wearing nothing but a shorts and sandals. 

111.jpg

bestexe

Not just a Russian thing, I think it's common around Eastern Europe. I'm from Romania, and I used to see it all the time. Not just the standing up bit, but there are some women that would take a 2 week vacation to the seaside, and from sunrise to sunset they'd just be slowly roasting, trying to get themselves as brown as they could.

It's always funny to me that people from sunny places want to be pale, and people from less sunny places want to be brown.

Scuba+

Sunbathing is weird, they just remind me of chickens cooking. I grew out of sunbathing around 19yo

vimto66

I think those who sunbathe a lot tend to just go on holiday once or twice a year at most, its a chance to get a bit of colour which admittedly looks better than being drip white.If you live abroad or regularly spend a lot of time in hot countries like Thailand for example, then the novelty of getting a tan just isnt important.

chippysam

I saw the hottest girl in Pattaya for all of January on the beach walking out of the sea in a designer small bikini . Russian and pushing a 10 absolutely stunning the whole package . 

xdrt33

I have sunbathed on a beach in Odessa, Ukraine (then USSR). It was 25 degC, boiling hot and strong sunshine. Alongside my very hot local g/f, the only problem was hiding my boner :)

One of my co-workers fell asleep on the beach there. He got serious and painful burns.

I guess the Russians are not so welcome in the Ukraine these days......

Who Me
  I saw the hottest girl in Pattaya for all of January on the beach walking out of the sea in a designer small bikini . Russian and pushing a 10 absolutely stunning the whole package . 
Pic or it didn't happen

WhoMe~mobile

Lhasa

No complaints from Jomtien Beach. 

DSC00624.thumb.JPG.11adf3cfe47cb2ab76875ffb8acc85d6.JPGDSC00646.thumb.JPG.458179475850d2b571c6048248a44bbd.JPG

dimag

And they always like to take pictures  ;-) I am too :08:

russian-photographing.jpg

Atlas
On 03/03/2019 at 09:40, Darwinmonger said:

Agreed. I can stay out on the water here all day and barely get burnt, after 30 mins in the QLD sun I am done. 

Straw
Posted (edited)

The message over skin cancer is completely valid but whilst the vast majority of us look much better when packing a bit of colour it will never stop

Edited by Straw

BlooBell

I like to return from Pattaya with a bit of colour but no more than 30 or 45 mins a day at the pool and always with protection.

Some people are obsessed with it and it’s not just Russians.

A woman I work with views a tan as THE integral part of going on holiday. Their choice of destination is based around sun. They’ve struck the Canary Islands off their list due a few unseasonal days weather a couple of years back. 

She spends all day in the sun, starting out with factor 15 and gradually working her way down to Olive Oil for the last 3 or 4 days. She literally fries herself.

She l comes back mahogany and looks ridiculous. I’ve known her for 15 years and it’s aged her skin rapidly but she still goes back for more 3 times a year.