IGNORED

Excel Spreadsheets required

Harve

Thai friend wants to make some Excel spreadsheets for a bowling league in Pattaya. She has an idea of info required & even some old handwritten sheets. She is not computer literate enough to set up the templates. Anyone know of a shop or person that would be able to do this . We used to use a girl at Big C but she has moved & don't know where. Any suggestions much appreciated.

5 hours ago, Harve said:

Thai friend wants to make some Excel spreadsheets for a bowling league in Pattaya. She has an idea of info required & even some old handwritten sheets. She is not computer literate enough to set up the templates. Anyone know of a shop or person that would be able to do this . We used to use a girl at Big C but she has moved & don't know where. Any suggestions much appreciated.

I've pretty much given up on Excel and instead now use Google Sheets. Can do quite a lot with Sheets and their Google Apps Script (Javascript). Another advantage to Sheets is the ability to share the Sheet online allowing anyone with the link to view, or if granted the rights to edit. Best of all, it's free.

I did a quick search on bowling templates and can up with this as the first hit.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GFyJU297tDwaEaHzjJ4JbGvBvDAkR5PpOYjmNXT2whk/edit

That may be a good place for her to get started on designing her own sheet. Send me a PM if more help is required. If it doesn't look like it's too time consuming I can maybe help her with getting started.

Edited to add: I wouldn't be looking for, nor want any remuneration for the help. I use to do this kind of work for a living and now do small projects just for fun and to keep the few remaining, beer soaked, brain cells active and happy.

19 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I've pretty much given up on Excel and instead now use Google Sheets. Can do quite a lot with Sheets and their Google Apps Script (Javascript). Another advantage to Sheets is the ability to share the Sheet online allowing anyone with the link to view, or if granted the rights to edit. Best of all, it's free.

I did a quick search on bowling templates and can up with this as the first hit.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GFyJU297tDwaEaHzjJ4JbGvBvDAkR5PpOYjmNXT2whk/edit

That may be a good place for her to get started on designing her own sheet. Send me a PM if more help is required. If it doesn't look like it's too time consuming I can maybe help her with getting started.

just curious - why did you give up on Excel?  its got way more power than most normal users need... is it that they switched to the yearly subscription?

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

1 minute ago, southsidebruce said:

just curious - why did you give up on Excel?  its got way more power than most normal users need... is it that they switched to the yearly subscription?

Cost is the biggest reason. Can't beat free. I also don't like the idea of having to pay for something on a subscription basis that I previously bought outright.

4 hours ago, Harve said:

I could _do_ it and am tasked with working on far more complicated spreadsheets than described above. Not sure how payment for that would work while maintaining privacy, or that payment is even necessary.

But...someone on Fiverr or Upwork could knock this out quickly for not much money. I'd check there. A local in Pattaya, perhaps referred by any IT shop, might work well also. The requirements sound pretty easy. ;)

Something else that might be fun is just submit the requirements w/ sample data and let members reply with their solutions, either by attachments or screenshots. That might work and be entertaining to many. You could treat the winning contestants to beverages when they are in Patts.:D

Computing is taught in schools.

Maybe go into your local high school and ask if they have a student teacher who is good at computing.

A student teacher is a University student who has done 3 years at University and is now doing one year teaching practice in a school to obtain her Teacher's certificate.

Most student teachers are not paid. A contribution to her living expenses I am sure will go down well.

Thank you to everyone for the reply's. She has sorted it for now with the help of a Thai friend. All the replies much appreciated.

If you need any additional help Harve, let me know, I am happy to volunteer.

I use libre office and open office which are compatible with excel and free

Maybe do a online search for s template, pretty easy to set up yourself too 

Archived