gungadin

Is JP bar going to reopen?

gungadin

Can't find any info on here with search

Ru4Real

Will be opening as a (late night?) club called JP Republic.

billbill

was the JP bar of old an outside or inside venue?

petehoax

it was semi-inside. it was next to yakuza burger on Walking Street and the whole area there has a roof over it but no walls at the front and the back. 

Hjernestimulanz

Open yet? 

striderman
Just now, Hjernestimulanz said:

Open yet? 

last time i passed by loads of work to do

trev007

Wow that’s taking a very very long time , also seems to have gone quiet on social media . 

WalterA

Never heard of it, what’s so special about it , in contrast to other bars??

gmoule

I never understood why hard rock pool didnt take over after jp closed,even if.jp does open been closed it wont be the same

Ru4Real
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WalterA said:

It wasn't a beer bar; it was a late night/morning "pool hall" with clientele similar to the bar scene in Star Wars. When the gogos and nightclubs shut, JP came alive until mid morning-midday. Personally I thought the music was good and you could find some diamonds in the rough. Somewhat dodgy reputation but I loved it and hardly saw any trouble whatsoever (the staff where onto trouble smartish).

The new venture trying to play on the reputation (JP Republic) is, from artists impressions, trying to be a more upmarket version but from all accounts still aiming to be a late night/morning joint. Old JP was basically an open pool hall full of pissed up freelancers and pissed up farang (neither necessarily just under the influence of alcohol), new is an enclosed space and allegedly going to be more of nightclub feel ... if it ever gets opened!

Old JP (daytime so empty):

91950-1021x580.jpg.8910fc29afc5a5a47d0c1

New JP (artist impression):

46506367_520875838428171_261272264017077

46510375_520875858428169_292650259994535

52 minutes ago, gmoule said:

I never understood why Hard Rock pool didnt take over after jp closed,even if.jp does open been closed it wont be the same

JP's clientele wouldn't exactly suit the Hard Rock IMO. No way you'd get the same atmosphere nor the opening times nor the same amount of interest being out of WS and away from the clubs closing.

Wait a minute, I think I just had a blonde moment (your talking about the place opposite, which I must admit I have no idea what the name is although the band aren't too bad at times, not Hard Rock hotel ... which I must admit haven't heard much about pool there 555) :Oops1:

Edited by Ru4Real
Blonde moment

Piece Corp

I hope they keep the wooden Indian

DSC_5888.thumb.jpg.6d5a68670fe3ac6503c969768666dd60.jpg

underbelly
On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 18:35, WalterA said:

Its where you might stumble across some of the best girls in Pattaya at the oddest of hours.

FarangKiNok

The old JP ( recognized from Ru4Real ) I forgot the name, had an extremely diverse clientele from skin head bikers to older farangs like myself in a pink Polo pique to a large variety of drunks Thai girls. A tad rough for me but I remember spending a few morning there after Walking Street shut down. Its my experience it was popular amongst drunk Thai girls. A facelift will probably work in this bars advantage. As I remember it had a Thai staff / managers.

dodogal
2 hours ago, underbelly said:

Its where you might stumble across some of the best girls in Pattaya at the oddest of hours.

Damn i miss the place..:Cry3:.it was my pit stop on every trip that i have been to Pattaya...Totally agree with meeting up with some hot girls in the wee hours of the morning....

CHEERS...:Chokdee5:

Yodsak

Should be open fairly soon from what I'm told. The guys behind it that have got together with the original JP Team know what they're doing. Should be a great upgrade, I know it's costing a small fortune. When I hear the opening date I'll post in this thread. 

welshbrah
JP's clientele wouldn't exactly suit the Hard Rock IMO. No way you'd get the same atmosphere nor the opening times nor the same amount of interest being out of WS and away from the clubs closing.

Wait a minute, I think I just had a blonde moment (your talking about the place opposite, which I must admit I have no idea what the name is although the band aren't too bad at times, not Hard Rock hotel ... which I must admit haven't heard much about pool there 555) default_Oops1.gif

You wrote a great description of JP there which really made me miss the place.

Going on the artist impressions I don't have much faith that much of the original JP character is going to be retained but here's to hoping.

The opening hours will surely have some bearing on that, I imagine if open until early to late morning like the old JP then it will surely attract some of the old clientele.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ru4Real

Based on having a quick look last couple of weeks, it may be open by the time I get back ... in about 3 months!

Still just a shell from the looks of it sadly. Also Hard Rock opposite has been gutted but didn't ask what the plan is for that location.

petehoax

i don't think there has been any progress made in the last 3-4 months... i guess there will never be a JP republic, sad :(

Ru4Real

The times I managed to look in there where workers inside, but damn slow progress if they've been working on it since the old JP was demolished.

Oukiva
48 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

The times I managed to look in there where workers inside, but damn slow progress if they've been working on it since the old JP was demolished.

The fact they changed their plan at least twice doesn't help. Biggest was the roof framework. They made a first one, started to put a roof on it and then removed all to install far bigger metal beams. At least 2 big inside walls have been built and then demolished. Concrete floor has been destroyed and removed on a large area for a reason I ignore. Etc... 2 steps forward, 1 step back... :unsure:

Ru4Real

@Oukiva   Thanks for the info, I was wondering why it was taking so long, didn't realise they've been chopping and changing. Didn't catch up with any of the Thai's I know that used to work there previously this trip so not up to date with the happenings. Any idea what's happening with the bar area opposite?

striderman
On 29/05/2019 at 21:54, Ru4Real said:

@Oukiva   Thanks for the info, I was wondering why it was taking so long, didn't realise they've been chopping and changing. Didn't catch up with any of the Thai's I know that used to work there previously this trip so not up to date with the happenings. Any idea what's happening with the bar area opposite?

no idea opposite................

1930839422_1june005(Custom).JPG.ec1624c1ce0cb5088a238e154b701ee8.JPG

but a new doorway has been cut in the wall fronting this area

475384366_1june006(Custom).JPG.ce403648ff41e14d5e7a3fe19223fccb.JPG

having looked inside, i'd say at least a couple months of work still

Ru4Real
1 minute ago, striderman said:

but a new doorway has been cut in the wall fronting this area

Yeah, that's where the main entrance is supposed to be. Your earlier picture with the small door at the back is a fire escape/staff door allegedly.

striderman
8 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Yeah, that's where the main entrance is supposed to be. Your earlier picture with the small door at the back is a fire escape/staff door allegedly.

thai/cambodian builders at work. any european team would have built a wall with a doorway and lintel etc in it. not built the wall then knocked an entrance through it at a later date

Oukiva
20 hours ago, striderman said:

no idea opposite................

1930839422_1june005(Custom).JPG.ec1624c1ce0cb5088a238e154b701ee8.JPG

Hi Striderman. Yes, a now big empty area where use to be a live bar and the large place with the many pool tables. All gone.

You could also have noticed/shown that just exiting that Soi after ex-JP bar, the area on the left as been emptied/cleaned again; the whole land before The Terrace restaurant. It's the place where they tries to make 2-3 open bars with a stage. They made at least1 construction and 2 renovations before destroying all... without ever opening it ! :huh: