IGNORED

Boomerang - 2019 Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

All the best for the future Michael, whatever you're up to

Boomerang has been my choice the last 5 years or so, a great little guesthouse with excellent value luxury rooms for a great stay

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boomerang my place for the last 3-4 trips, really felt like my home away from home,

great location, clean, quiet, safe, i really don't know where i'm going to stay now

OK what would you do???

I have read all the great reviews of Boomerang and booked a few months ago.  Now with the new changes I'm not sure what to do.  

Keep my reservation which I do want to do but everyone's posts so far seem to indicate they wouldn't stay at Boomerangs anymore?

Love the location and the rooms look great.  Not really sure what type of bar it will be in a few months.

What to do?

Thanks for your thoughts...

On 03/08/2019 at 23:36, User Name Eric said:

OK what would you do???

I have read all the great reviews of Boomerang and booked a few months ago.  Now with the new changes I'm not sure what to do.  

Keep my reservation which I do want to do but everyone's posts so far seem to indicate they wouldn't stay at Boomerangs anymore?

Love the location and the rooms look great.  Not really sure what type of bar it will be in a few months.

What to do?

Thanks for your thoughts... 

I would suggest u contact the new management group to see if they're going to

continue to rent out rooms, even if they are, will they during the transition period of

the ground floor and how loud the work is going to be, and what other changes

there may be.

[email protected]

copied the e-mail address from the other page

whatever u find out could u report back to us? like to know

5 hours ago, hab-itant said:

I would suggest u contact the new management group to see if they're going to

continue to rent out rooms, even if they are, will they during the transition period of

the ground floor and how loud the work is going to be, and what other changes

there may be.

[email protected]

copied the e-mail address from the other page

whatever u find out could u report back to us? like to know

it's my understanding that no bookings will be taken till either the start of sept or the end of sept (i can't remember which) while the ground floor work is being done

On 24/05/2019 at 00:13, Jebb said:

Stayed there recently myself. Best value/location Guesthouse in town. Mike & Tina good operators. Club 555 next door and Club Baku around the corner.

You may have touched on the future of what was Boomerang Guesthouse.

On 27/07/2019 at 10:55, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Always enjoyed my stays at the Boomerang....end of an era.

I have stayed at Boomerang since it first opened which has been many times in about 5 years? Great place Michael and Tina were the best hosts you could have, it is a change I doubt will work for me.

On 28/07/2019 at 19:55, jaynewcastle said:

All the best for the future Michael, whatever you're up to

Boomerang has been my choice the last 5 years or so, a great little guesthouse with excellent value luxury rooms for a great stay

+1

On 04/08/2019 at 00:38, hab-itant said:

Boomerang my place for the last 3-4 trips, really felt like my home away from home,

great location, clean, quiet, safe, i really don't know where i'm going to stay now

+1

10 minutes ago, striderman said:

it's my understanding that no bookings will be taken till either the start of sept or the end of sept (i can't remember which) while the ground floor work is being done

Thanks Striderman as per our PM's it is good you are keeping BM's updated.

I just received this today:

"Things are changing at Boomerang and we have leased out the entire building.

This is to inform all customers and future customers that the Boomerang Guesthouse and Bar is about to go into some changes which will consist of change of management, change of name and running the building and bookings. The refurbishment of the ground floor area will be done, please be informed that the ground floor bar area will be getting changed into another type of business.  If you have paid any deposits in good faith then these will be honoured or refunded in person. If you have any concerns regarding existing bookings or future bookings please contact [email protected]. This will take effect from 1st August 2019. Sorry for any inconvenience. "

This is the first I heard of the changes, and is also different from the info posted above.

I am booked there for 2 weeks in November, and like others I am reviewing my options.

I received the same email last night.  I also had sent them an email with a few questions about construction or bar rework time?  Services? Stuff like that and got back an email stating the bar rework would be done by November.  

It seems like the information on the bar or whatever is going to open up on the main floor is very vague.  This is making my decision on what to do very interesting.  I have no problem staying above a bar but a nightclub with booming music till who knows what time maybe a issue.

Also if it turns into a ladyboy bar I don't think I want to stay there.  (Just my choice)

Who knows I just wish they were more open about the new business that is opening up to make my decision easier.  My first choice is to stay there since I like the size and the layout of the room, but with the uncertainty I have also made reservations through Agoda for a backup that can be cancelled for free.

12 hours ago, User Name Eric said:

I received the same email last night.  I also had sent them an email with a few questions about construction or bar rework time?  Services? Stuff like that and got back an email stating the bar rework would be done by November.  

It seems like the information on the bar or whatever is going to open up on the main floor is very vague.  This is making my decision on what to do very interesting.  I have no problem staying above a bar but a nightclub with booming music till who knows what time maybe a issue.

Also if it turns into a ladyboy bar I don't think I want to stay there.  (Just my choice)

Who knows I just wish they were more open about the new business that is opening up to make my decision easier.  My first choice is to stay there since I like the size and the layout of the room, but with the uncertainty I have also made reservations through agoda for a backup that can be cancelled for free.

Mate, personally I would want some certainty. My suggestion is try Hideaway. It’s jusr around the corner from Boomerang, is guest friendly and has great reviews (though I personally haven’t stayed there yet).

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Hotel_Review-g293919-d8536550-Reviews-The_Hideaway_Guest_House_and_Bar-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Just now, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Mate, personally I would want some certainty. My suggestion is try Hideaway. It’s jusr around the corner from Boomerang, is guest friendly and has great reviews (though I personally haven’t stayed there yet).

never stayed in either but seen rooms in both. the 1 i saw in hideaway was very good.

probably a bit more baht

On February 26, 2562 BE at 11:38, Harve said:

Nice room. Is there any car parking there or only room for bikes ?

yes , if i remember rightly , behind the boomerang sign there is 4 or 5 spots

21 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Hotel_Review-g293919-d8536550-Reviews-The_Hideaway_Guest_House_and_Bar-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Thanks for the suggestion. Another option is the Travelodge just down the road I guess. What happened to the Baku Guest House - that got good write-ups for a while?

I have emailed the robinsnest email address to confirm my booking, and received no response. Rebooking elsewhere iseems necessary. Fortunately, I did not send any deposit for my Boomerang booking!

3 hours ago, xdrt33 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Another option is the Travelodge just down the road I guess. What happened to the Baku Guest House - that got good write-ups for a while?

I have emailed the robinsnest email address to confirm my booking, and received no response. Rebooking elsewhere iseems necessary. Fortunately, I did not send any deposit for my Boomerang booking!

Personally, if you have received no response I'd book elsewhere.

4 hours ago, xdrt33 said:

If you have a look in the hotel section of PA, you will find a review I wrote on Travelodge. Outstanding value for money...I really liked it. The only downside is that the rooms are small.

11 hours ago, xdrt33 said:

I did stay there earlier this year for a month and it is really great. But they accept only monthly rentals (maybe they accept shorter stays, no idea, but they advertise only monthly stays!).

I finally received a response from Robins Nest:

"Dear boomerang Guests. Robins Nest guesthouse is acting as a support agent to help facilitate guests booked with Boomerang guesthouse.
I regret to inform you as of today the new owners considering the guesthouse laws in Thailand have decided to cancel all room bookings. Guests with deposits will be refunded as they will be contacted via email or ph msg.
The new management regrets any inconvenience this may cause and has asked Robins Nest to assist any Boomerang guests with information or relocation to Robins Nest with no extra charge to the guest."

I've already rebooked before receiving this. Shame to lose what was a very good Guest House.

1 hour ago, xdrt33 said:

"Dear boomerang Guests. Robins Nest guesthouse is acting as a support agent to help facilitate guests booked with Boomerang guesthouse.
I regret to inform you as of today the new owners considering the guesthouse laws in Thailand have decided to cancel all room bookings. Guests with deposits will be refunded as they will be contacted via email or ph msg.
The new management regrets any inconvenience this may cause and has asked Robins Nest to assist any Boomerang guests with information or relocation to Robins Nest with no extra charge to the guest."

I've already rebooked before receiving this. Shame to lose what was a very good Guest House.

End of a mini era for me and quite a loss. Looks as though the rumors may be correct regarding downstairs being a GC, rooms maybe for ST and staff?

It will be interesting to see what develops.

zippo developing at the moment. shutters down this last week and no sign of any work taking place. builders may be busy on another job?

On 11/08/2019 at 16:14, striderman said:

zippo developing at the moment. shutters down this last week and no sign of any work taking place. builders may be busy on another job?

I hope you keep us posted, you and LW give  great input to this forum.

My personal thanks to both and I'm sure there is many others feel the same.

Damm the end of an era for me stayed there every trip since 2016, I'll have to find somewhere new I will miss those big rooms and showers, Best of luck for the future Micheal

I recently checked out rooms above Club Baku with another BM. They are very good. Shame about Boomerang though but when they re open under the different management, the rooms are still excellent.

image.png

6 hours ago, Jebb said:

I recently checked out rooms above Club Baku with another BM. They are very good. Shame about Boomerang though but when they re open under the different management, the rooms are still excellent.

I contacted Baku for a 2 week stay, but received no respose. They seem to be sticking to the new monthly rental rule for guesthouses.

On 11/08/2019 at 10:38, xdrt33 said:

7 hours ago, Jebb said:

Not going to happen as per@xdrt33

23 hours ago, Doubleh said:

Damm the end of an era for me stayed there every trip since 2016, I'll have to find somewhere new I will miss those big rooms and showers, Best of luck for the future Micheal

same exactly for me,  have to find somewhere new also

what other guesthouses offer the same combination of price good host quiet nice bed decent furniture cleanliness

i don't like change when i'm happy 555

On 14/08/2019 at 04:32, hab-itant said:

same exactly for me,  have to find somewhere new also

what other guesthouses offer the same combination of price good host quiet nice bed decent furniture cleanliness

i don't like change when i'm happy 555

As already suggested, Hideaway and Travelodge in Soi 15 area. Also try the umpteen hotels / guest houses along Soi Lengkee (that's where I ended up).

Archived