IGNORED

Boomerang - 2019 Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

So, this was my second visit to Boomerang. Last time I stayed in one of the smaller rooms, this time I was booked into the large C1 suite.

Over the last 6 years or so, I have stayed in approaching 40 hotelsand guesthouses in and around Pattaya. I stay in all types and classes of places - with my missus and nipper it is 5 star (eg Amari Residences on Pratumnak), with mates over on holiday from the UK or Australia it is usually 3/4 star (Areca/CentaraAzure/247), when I am on my own or with expat golfing mates, it is usually 1,000THB or under. IME, it is possible to get real quality in all price brackets - Boomerang scores highly in this regard.

Booking: It is remarkably easy to book a room. The owners Michael and Tina allow bookings 'on trust' (certainly to PA members) - simply email or call to book. Note this is a very popular place, so booking in advance is advised. I phoned Michael and made my reservation - I was also fortunate that he was able to extend my stay by one night. I was indeed lucky as this place is very popular.

Prices range from 500THB small rooms all the way up to large and luxurious suite-type rooms at 1,000THB.

Location: On soi Buhakow, pass LK Metro on your right, and when you reach Surprise Yourself (LB bar) turn right. The location is excellent, located in a soi with bars and a gentleman’s club, it is just a few minutes walk to LK and situated between 2nd road and soi Bukhow , both with access to baht buses. There is a bar next door & a LB bar across the street on the Soi, with some generally low-level music/noise at night, but its always finished by 2am and was never a problem. Boomerang itself is very quiet both during the day & at night, and Michael, his wife & staff all very friendly and helpful.

Room: I had 6 nights this trip in the largest roomC1. The room was exactly as i expected, huge and well appointed. My room had a big fridge, microwave, kettle etc, tea/coffee, excellent AC, a fan and decent WIFI, big flat screen tv, safe and a large bathroom with great walk-in rain-shower. A criticism of many places is that the beds are too hard - well in Boomerang they are extremely comfortable.

Cleanliness - Spotless - totally spotless. Just put out your ‘clean room’ sign and go out for an hour or so....hey presto you return to a perfectly cleaned room. Guys, always consider leaving a small gratuity daily for the cleaner.

Guesthouse Facilities:  Michael and Tina are great hosts (as is employee Jack who stood in for Michael when he was on holiday) and will go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The bar area  is a well stocked and a comfortable area to sit in - nice to sit and relax. They also have a laundry facility which is speedy and offers good value. Like all/most guest houses there is no check-in of 'joiners', nor is there any 'walk-of-shame' through a busy bar area. There is a separate entrance for guests to come and go, operated by an electronic key-fob system at night. Just a couple of things to note (1) No soap in bathroom - no probs as 7/11 and Familymart nearby; and (2) no food for sale, again no probs as there are so many great eateries within a few seconds walk (Hideaway serves excellent grub and offers a relaxing ambiance; the Garden Beer Bar nearby has a French theme - again, a great place to have a beer and chill).

Overall; For 1,000Thb pn, my stay at Boomerang in their largest suite, represented outstanding value. Location, quality of room and friendliness arethe key selling points. Boomerang has a real 'cult' following among many members on PA and it is easy to understand why. 

Lottellee Winna Score: 8/10....great facilities, outstanding location and fantastic value!

IMG_3758.JPG

18912590-4187-4FA7-84C5-E60D821FE960.jpeg

324B3102-F297-46B2-8972-F3BC23C6D655.jpeg

3ED7270E-484E-418A-9901-E48D192C9927.jpeg

E7A24F37-D77B-4B94-B5AC-0F9576C24800.jpeg

1B9A0D6C-316C-4C49-9CDA-52124593FE93.jpeg

7F74958E-963E-4998-A212-5DAC64CF544E.jpeg

CBF16F14-2676-4891-8155-9789DEBBFB21.jpeg

C797105F-7BBB-44A4-B066-D101B28BCA9A.jpeg

412D900D-80E6-4C7A-9023-DD7D95B3CB3A.jpeg

4C2264AC-F1D2-4AC3-8ECF-F1B1745AAC9F.jpeg

011F8B85-953A-4738-B306-B593BB40820B.jpeg

858BB641-D639-4AD2-8184-68A56706842D.jpeg

AB3E022B-18E3-474F-BF15-559EA17C1F1F.jpeg

E941EA5F-FFE8-4551-BED6-82824687E8B9.jpeg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great review, well done to all involved.

Alan

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

3 minutes ago, Harve said:

Nice room. Is there any car parking there or only room for bikes ?

There two  parking spaces which I think belong to Boomerang. Best to email Michael and ask.

31 minutes ago, English rose said:

Great review, well done to all involved.

Alan

Thanks Alan. I hope to stay at your place sometime...everyone I know who has stayed at English Rose says it’s very good,

There seems to quite a few decent guest houses you can rent for 1 month at a time.

Vs condos that you could argue are better value, but you only seem to see that value if you book for 3+ month min.

only thing the guest houses lose out on is a pool.  Any ideas if this place had a deal with a neighbouring hotel?

fully agree a very nice place to stay. Its quiet . easy getting around from this location especially back and forth to LK Metro area.
Had many girls comment to me the C1 room is nice. I'm not sure if B1 is same layout?
Kindest regards

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Mr_wimpy said:

There seems to quite a few decent guest houses you can rent for 1 month at a time.

Vs condos that you could argue are better value, but you only seem to see that value if you book for 3+ month min.

only thing the guest houses lose out on is a pool.  Any ideas if this place had a deal with a neighbouring hotel?

I don’t know if Boomerang has an arrangement with any hotels for pool use. Personally, I just walk down the soi to Azure and use their pool. I always make sure I purchase a couple of beers from the swim-up bar in case I am mistaken for a total freeloader :) (Note Azure pool is available to both their hotel guests and to those living in the adjoining apartments...because of the latter group, nobody really knows who is a guest and who isn’t). 

I can only endorse with 5 stars LW's post, I was lucky to find Boomerang when it had just opened and spent much more baht at Areca previously. Yes it is a guesthouse not a hotel but I do not need those little used facilities when in Pattaya yet the service Micheal and Tina as well as the staff is second to none.

It is a great place, I have lost count how many times I have stayed there and have stayed in all sized rooms but do admit that A1, B1 and C1 are the best and not only suit me but most of the girls are impressed.

Great report and pictures. Any comment on Wifi? Is it available and reliable? Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Nice review again!

Your last review was the main reason I booked the A1 for my next trip,
so it was nice to see your review for one of those bigger rooms :)

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

On 01/03/2019 at 06:31, AsiaSmiles said:

Great report and pictures. Any comment on Wifi? Is it available and reliable? Thanks for taking the time to post this.

The WiFi is pretty good. It does occasionally drop out, when it does you need to unplug the router, leave for one minute and plug back in again.

• 5 weeks later...

I would like to say Thanks to all who commented and Thanks especially to Lottelle for his detailed with pictures review and hope to see you again. If anybody needs answers please PM me for the fastest reply as some times I forget to look on PA but it is always a pleasant surprise to see the feedback.

On 01/03/2019 at 06:31, AsiaSmiles said:

My pleasure Michael...you and your team are great hosts.

• 2 weeks later...

Another great review. Certainly helps us newbies sort out the best places to stay

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Nice review.  Iam starting to prefer guesthouse accommodations the more I go to pattaya. The owners want you to happy with your stay. Some of the bigger hotels have employees that could care less 

On 27/02/2019 at 13:03, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

I don’t know if Boomerang has an arrangement with any hotels for pool use. Personally, I just walk down the soi to Azure and use their pool. I always make sure I purchase a couple of beers from the swim-up bar in case I am mistaken for a total freeloader :) (Note Azure pool is available to both their hotel guests and to those living in the adjoining apartments...because of the latter group, nobody really knows who is a guest and who isn’t). 

Thanks mate very useful info am staying at hideaway in june and wanted info on swimming pools i could use in the area that didnt charge a ridiculous usage fee as you pointed out buying a couple beers is more than fair.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Devee

I am just wondering if you have rooms available during the following period and if so what price are the different rooms.

31st May ---> 10th june.

thank you for any feedback :)

58 minutes ago, LetsDonkeyKong said:

Hiya Devee

I am just wondering if you have rooms available during the following period and if so what price are the different rooms.

31st May ---> 10th june.

@LetsDonkeyKong Mate, if you want a quick response, contact Boomerang via their website.

http://boomerangpattaya.com/

On 29/04/2019 at 09:52, LetsDonkeyKong said:

Hiya Devee

31st May ---> 10th june.

Hi sorry for a late reply but I do not monitor this site regularly unless I get a PM then I get a msg and can reply straight away, we do have some limited availability for your dates best to email us at [email protected] if you want full details, Thanks 

On 02/05/2019 at 07:05, devee8 said:

Hi sorry for a late reply but I do not monitor this site regularly unless I get a PM then I get a msg and can reply straight away, we do have some limited availability for your dates best to email us at [email protected] if you want full details, Thanks 

We have already chatted my email :) I will see you on the 31st :)

Archived