IGNORED

Japanese Restaurant

Welshpat

Hi Everyone,

I have never eaten Japanese food before and it is one of the things I want to try in my forthcoming trip to the LOS, can anyone recommend an upmarket Japanese restaurant in Pattaya please 

Thanks

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

I've never eaten Japanese food but there is a famous Japanese restaurant in Soi 13/1 called Yamoto. It's been there for so long that Soi 13/1 is often called Soi Yamoto

https://www.facebook.com/pattayayamato/

I think there's hotels that do Japanese food, don't know which.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

I can recommend you 2 'all you can eat' one in the avenue and the other on 3rd road next to soi lengkee called the tsunami.
Cost around 630 bahts

Fuji at central beach festival. There is one more on the same floor at other end. Their champions dish is good. Actually central beach festival have many Japanese restaurants. I am particularly fan of Japanese food.

I've never eaten Japanese food but there is a famous Japanese restaurant in Soi 13/1 called Yamoto. It's been there for so long that Soi 13/1 is often called Soi Yamoto

https://www.facebook.com/pattayayamato/

As i like the raw fish option the thought of a place not busy puts me off, Yamoto doesn't look busy. T21 has 1+ restaurants on the 3rd floor. I've been a few times to a Central festival restaurant 3rd floor i think.

My fav is Sake Nigiri. I usually get 7+ plates of 2.

ad1488ae165eb8060a2a816d30015089.jpg

6 hours ago, mathewparis said:

I can recommend you 2 'all you can eat' one in the avenue and the other on 3rd road next to soi lengkee called the tsunami.
Cost around 630 bahts

I think Oishi in the Avenue mall has now closed.

Oh thank you sir for this information.
So bad it was pretty good

Tsunami on 3 road is a all you can eat, very good sushi western and Japanese style. plenty of different fish / seafood sushis

Oishi sucks, Thai style small sushis  with crappy sweet sauce and insipid mass-produced  both surimi and shrimp, mainly.

• 2 weeks later...

if u never eat japanase food yet i think u need to try one good enough so avoid all buffet

yamoto is a good one, i guess u can try this one for the first time.

I have tried the Tsunami Sushi buffet. You actually don't have a buffet table you get food from. Its all ordered from the menu. I think there is a time limit on how long you can stay and eat though. :-)

The sushi is fresh and very good. I would try this place.

Of the places mentioned so far, Yamato is the only one that might really qualify as a "Japanese Restaurant."  The others are merely Japan-esy, Japanese-ish or Japanese wanna-be.

42 minutes ago, whtnot said:

I have tried the Tsunami Sushi buffet. You actually don't have a buffet table you get food from. Its all ordered from the menu. I think there is a time limit on how long you can stay and eat though. :-)

The sushi is fresh and very good. I would try this place.

90 minutes if i remember well.

Ronin in Naklua is the best authentic style Japanese restaurant. It is expensive though compared to the other places in town. 

21 minutes ago, LarryDarrell said:

My God.  Benihana is not Japanese food.

Lol. Although it wouldn't be my choice for an authentic style japanese restaurant and would only go with a group to watch the entertaining cooking show, what would you classify it as? Looks quite Japanese to me, albeit more of a western style.

Screenshot_20190327-112839_Word.thumb.jpg.10171965cec5f4c03e012a076ce059e0.jpgScreenshot_20190327-112946_Word.thumb.jpg.e10ca829ff8a1dc581801730be59bf1f.jpgScreenshot_20190327-112930_Word.thumb.jpg.a54bb782a186ffb2e721cd02e3208960.jpg

The Nagiri in T21 3rd floor just before food court is 39 baht (2 pieces), i haven't tried it but 200 baht in the photo above is way over the top

1 minute ago, Scuba+ said:

The Nagiri in T21 3rd floor just before food court is 39 baht (2 pieces), i haven't tried it but 200 baht in the photo above is way over the top

The benihana menu was just to show that the place does serve Japanese food even though it's more of a western style.

Speaking if terminal 21, there's a place called Shakariki in there that's a chain with a bunch of outlets in bkk and other areas in Thailand. They have been doing a blue fin tuna cutting show 1-2 times a month with discounted blue fin menu items. It might still seem expensive but it's the cheapest place in the world I've had blue fin with nice sized pieces. If you've never tried blue fin, I suggest you give it a try as imo, it's the best piece of food I've ever put in my mouth! 

Screenshot_20190327-135047_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a43463ae2eeca67c7753813936019a66.jpgScreenshot_20190327-134918_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ebee14c86f66514e6a46cd5f74ec18bd.jpgScreenshot_20190327-135058_Gallery.thumb.jpg.bfbca6d472226a0ad020bcb3f1557fd2.jpgScreenshot_20190327-134943_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f3f5658464c3e3db1bafffb3c77883de.jpg

get sushi off of one of the roving carts... cheap... you know it's gotta be sanitary, fresh, and kept under ideal temperature conditions to prevent bacterial growth... bottom line - good and good4you!!  enjoy!!  especially for those on their 2 week vacation of a lifetime from farangLand... your stomach should be in perfect shape to prevent any type of food borne illness from causing you severe gastric distress and interfering with your quest for the ever illusive 3rd Hole From the Sun... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Archived