IGNORED

LPGA @ Siam CC - 2019

Taa_Saparot

I used to really enjoy heading out to Siam on the Thursday to watch some golf, and enjoy a few beers with mates.

But I now notice they have done the same as they did last year.

In that it's a 2 Tee Time start with golfers going off between 8-10am.

For me, it just is not worth the time and effort, so they can Ram It !

What’s wrong with a 2 tee start?  It’s done at lots of tournaments on all tours. It’s a necessity to get the full field through. 

Not sure how it impacts on your golfing enjoyment.  

14 minutes ago, ajgrant63 said:

What’s wrong with a 2 tee start?    

As a paying spectator you miss a lot of the golf being played.

15 minutes ago, ajgrant63 said:

It’s done at lots of tournaments on all tours. 

Show me another tournament that does this with everyone teed off before 10am ?

15 minutes ago, ajgrant63 said:

It’s a necessity to get the full field through. 

Its NOT a Full Field Event.

16 minutes ago, ajgrant63 said:

Not sure how it impacts on your golfing enjoyment.  

I have no problem getting up early in the morning (the cat sees to that) but I am fucked if I am going out there for an 8am start, not getting to see as much golf as I would like, and it all been done and dusted by 2pm.

Since the LPGA first started coming to Pattaya, there has never been a need to do this, until last year when they changed it at the last minute stating there was a forecast of a thunderstorm (which there was not).

Fridays tee times are not available yet, so who knows what they will do then ?

RAM IT !

Hope this helps all attending....

124508B1-903F-4360-9A5F-5718296E2EF7.png

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

No need to go early, catch them after a few holes, i don't have any issue with 2 tee starts. Its free for you lot over 60 so why are you complaining

22 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Practise Rounds, open to Spectators this year ?

It always has been. Nobody ever asks who you are just keep under the radar. Mind you there is not much to see. Interesting to have a look at the 4 day pin placements. 

have no problem getting up early in the morning (the cat sees to that) but I am fucked if I am going out there for an 8am start, not getting to see as much golf as I would like, and it all been done and dusted by 2pm.

Since the LPGA first started coming to Pattaya, there has never been a need to do this, until last year when they changed it at the last minute stating there was a forecast of a thunderstorm (which there was not).

Fridays tee times are not available yet, so who knows what they will do then ?

RAM IT !

The reason they did it was because 2 years ago they lost a day due to storms. Some of the girls had to play 30 holes on the Saturday staring at 0700 hrs. The tournament can't go to the Monday as the HSBC is in Singapore after this. 

IMG who run the tournament & the LPGA have a strict policy regarding suspending play due to weather. Don't know what the distance is but if it even gets close play will be suspended.

Friday t times will just see todays reversed . Not till saturday do the leaders go out last.

18 minutes ago, Harve said:

It always has been.  

Always been a closed shop for me.

Been stopped at the gate several times, so never bother now.

10 minutes ago, Harve said:

Friday t times will just see todays reversed . Not till saturday do the leaders go out last.

Past years, has seen the leaders go out last on the Friday as well.

11 minutes ago, Harve said:

The reason they did it was because 2 years ago they lost a day due to storms. Some of the girls had to play 30 holes on the Saturday staring at 0700 hrs. The tournament can't go to the Monday as the HSBC is in Singapore after this. 

Very poor excuse if that is what they are giving.

But as I said, the excuse given last year was only because they had a forecast of thunderstorms in the area.

Friday reverted back to normal times.

14 minutes ago, Harve said:

IMG who run the tournament & the LPGA have a strict policy regarding suspending play due to weather. Don't know what the distance is but if it even gets close play will be suspended.

Bottom line though Harve is ..... show me another pro. tournament anywhere else that has everyone teed off before 10am in the morning.

9 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Always been a closed shop for me.

Been stopped at the gate several times, so never bother now.

Don't know why mate, been going to the practice round last 5 years, never a problem. Also wander around during the pro am, nobody ever pulled me up, maybe lucky.

The 2 t start never really thought about it. Obviously you not a fan but personally makes no difference to me. I usually hang out around the 1 st green which lets you see about 6 holes be it driving or approach shots. Today I did walk with and watch a good friend who shot 7 under, great golf.

5 minutes ago, Harve said:

Don't know why mate, been going to the practice round last 5 years, never a problem. Also wander around during the pro am, nobody ever pulled me up, maybe lucky.

I contacted the LPGA many years ago, and they said it was a decision taken by the Course and Sponsors.

Probably the difference I just go there. Would rather ask for forgiveness than permission.  

By the way the course management has nothing to do with the tournament apart from supplying labor & the venue. It is all run thru IMG they have the final say on everything.

Persisting with the 2 tee time start over the weekend I see ...... sad!

Anyone else see the nice bit of cheating by Amy Olsen and Ariya on the 18th yesterday ?

I guess if that happened in a more important tournament with more people watching there would have been an uproar.

12 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Persisting with the 2 tee time start over the weekend I see ...... sad!

Anyone else see the nice bit of cheating by Amy Olsen and Ariya on the 18th yesterday ?

I guess if that happened in a more important tournament with more people watching there would have been an uproar.

Do you read the rules ?

Had been an uproar .All sorted. From social media yeah they know the rules.

Dont blame Amy Olsen for a 2 t start.

Seriously it was not a penalty, if you think it was    WHY ?

24 minutes ago, Harve said:

Do you read the rules ?

Yes Harve, I know what rule 15.3a says, which you clearly don't.

This invitational is nothing more than a joke now.

On 23/02/2019 at 21:55, Harve said:

Do you read the rules ?

Had been an uproar .All sorted. From social media yeah they know the rules.

Dont blame Amy Olsen for a 2 t start.

Seriously it was not a penalty, if you think it was    WHY ?

On 23/02/2019 at 22:19, Taa_Saparot said:

Yes Harve, I know what rule 15.3a says, which you clearly don't.

This invitational is nothing more than a joke now.

Interesting viewpoint here -

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/yes-it-looks-bad-its-what-you-dont-see-thats-important-olson-ariya

On 21/02/2019 at 19:28, Harve said:

It is all run thru IMG they have the final say on everything

I thought the LPGA did? Happy to be corrected and curious then how that works.

16 hours ago, Kanga said:

I thought the LPGA did? Happy to be corrected and curious then how that works.

Kanga I meant that IMG is the operator of the tournament . Siam management have nothing to do with it just supply labour & the course. The LPGA is of course governing body, but as far as TV scheduling , sponsors needs , security, transport , players needs & the day to day stuff IMG takes care of it all. All the rules officials are under LPGA umbrella so one would think if they make a decision they know what they are doing, not withstanding some peoples opinion . 

I for one think its a great tournament & luckily probably gunna be in Singapore on Saturday & Sunday to watch the HSBC. Heres hoping.

By the way the article was correct & thanks for posting. I spoke to a couple of the players about it & they had no problem at all about what happened .

Archived