IGNORED

Best 5* Hotel Pattaya

Chobaba

Hey, 

What is the best 5* hotel for a reasonable price? 

In my opinion it is Mytt Beach hotel

I paid 3800 baht per night for an urban junior suite including amazing breakfast. 

Great staff and gym. 

Close to Soi6 and beach road. 

Stayed in The Wave and paid about 4,500 a night including outstanding unlimited a la carte breakfast. Great facilities in room including smart TV, separate tub and shower etc

Right on Beach Road in the heat of Pattaya near Central with large pool and also access to all facilities at the adjoining Bayview behind it including gym etc

Only 18 rooms and lots of staff so really good service too. Quirky style boutique place that's a little bit different so I'll give it my nomination

3 hours ago, Chobaba said:

The Wave hotel looks nice, but I guess it's a 4*Hotel. The price 4500 is like a 5*Hotel. 

Is it definitely 4*? It’s listed as a 5* on booking.com and trivago although I do see it as a 4* on some other sites...

for convenience and service,  I would say the Dusit.  Some of the rooms can look a bit tired nowadays, but it is still a very nice hotel.  Staff are friendly, you can get girls into the place easily through its various entrances, so long as they are dressed conservatively, food is excellent, right next door to where the Baht Buses stop at Dolphin Roundabout. The only draw back, if you have a car, is that damn T21 near by.  Traffic can be  terrible on North Road. If you are walking and taking baht buses, its fine. 

Mytt Beach is by far the most luxurious girl friendly 5 star hotel in Pattaya and the service there is second to none. Great breakfast buffet too. The only downsides (subjectively) are that the pool/loungers are in the shade all day and it is all the way down on Soi 3, which by Sod's Law I discovered runs in the wrong direction almost every single time I needed to traverse it on my scooter. Also, despite allowing girls in (provided you book a room for TWO guests), I always felt a little awkward bringing a girl back at the super posh reception. It was like 4 sets of receptionist/managerial eyes were watching my every move, with a mixture of farang curiosity and silently judging me :Busted:

If checking in as a couple or with a long stay GFE, then Mytt Beach has to be a no-brainer. But in monger-mode, the Hilton just seemed to tick more boxes for me, even though it costs more, isn't as luxurious and the service isn't nearly as good as Mytt Beach.

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

3 hours ago, funky310 said:

Also, despite allowing girls in (provided you book a room for TWO guests), I always felt a little awkward bringing a girl back at the super posh reception. It was like 4 sets of receptionist/managerial eyes were watching my every move, with a mixture of farang curiosity and silently judging me :Busted:

I just go straight from the parking garage U1 Floor directly by elevator to my room. 

So no receptionist will see you and you can use your junior suite as short time room for Soi6 girls. 

House keeping will change towls as often as you call. 

HI PR , im looking at booking the Wave as my first Pattya experience . 

Is it easy enough to bring back girls for short or long time ?

23 hours ago, BigRichard said:

Yes it is girl friendly. The reception will ask for the girl's identification and that's it IIRC. Fewer rooms also means fewer eyes on you and your girl, if you care about that like I did.

Hilton, holiday inn, grande centre point, hardrock, baraquda

Mytt goes to a lot of group tourists

wave hotel is small and amari hotel requires a joiner fee

On February 20, 2019 at 02:10, BigRichard said:

Check out his excellent review of Wave hotel. hotel is GF, so no problem there

Warmest greetings from MYTT beach hotel, Pattaya                      

Thank you for your great supported our hotel group and we are glad to learn that you are considering to support our newest property, MYTT Beach hotel Pattaya.

In addition, if you may have some overnight guest to stay with you ( included joiner or guest friendly), there is a fee at 1,000 THB per person per time with show his/her passport od ID card at front desk.

The minimum age for joiner or guest friendly by Thai law is 20 years old.

Should you have any require or assistance please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Maybe they mean 2 joiners or if booked room for 1 person? 

Sounds to me like they charge you 1000 baht every time you take a girl back so NOT guest friendly.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

11 hours ago, Chobaba said:

As I stayed in December 2018 there was no joiner fee. I will stay there next week and can report. 

Please do report back. Considering this for May.

On 21/02/2019 at 06:18, nosunje said:

hilton, Holiday Inn, grande centre point, hardrock, Baraquda

Mytt goes to a lot of group tourists

wave hotel is small and Amari hotel requires a joiner fee

There's a ridiculously cheap rate for Grande Center Pointe on Travelocity right now for my dates in May/June. Question is: Is it guest friendly?

34 minutes ago, phenixr said:

There's a ridiculously cheap rate for Grande Center Pointe on Travelocity right now for my dates in May/June. Question is: Is it guest friendly?

yes. grande center point pattaya is guest friendly hotel. But the basic room is very narrow. :wacko:

2 hours ago, phenixr said:

I was aware of very cheap rates too. But be careful of what you're actually booking. Make sure you check the exact location, seems there is also some connection with a Centre Point over Nakula way and it's not actually the Grande Centre Point T21

• 3 months later...

Copying and pasting my report here as I submitted in in the advanced section and would not be visible to all.

Reviewing Mytt Beach hotel

Just returned from just over 2 weeks in Pattaya staying at the Mytt Beach hotel. It is a very well appointed facility but not quite at the level of an ordinary 5-star hotel in the West. I say ordinary because indeed 5-star is a category that encompasses a  spectrum in range. The Marriott Marquis in Washington DC and similar such hotels around the world for example are 5-star but clearly at the top of a pyramid made up of 5-star hotels. Back to the Mytt: Very well run and modern. Clearly targeting Asian tour groups as their preferred clientele. They even play music throughout the hallways on Fridays to welcome them. I stayed in a Superior room which is slightly smaller than an equivalent room at the nearby Holiday Inn, where I have stayed. This room was at a similar price point but in real terms more expensive as my room, like most at this facility did not have a balcony.

I arrived just after midnight on a Sunday night and immediately appreciated the extremely loud beer bar across the street from the front of this hotel. They accommodated my request to be moved to a room in the back of the building. If you're sensitive to noise, you'd want to take note of this. The pool has an attached bar on the 13th (labeled 12A) floor. Very pleasant with an excellent view of both the city and the sea. At the same level is a SPA which I did not visit. Also on this level is an extremely well fitted exercise room (gym) with an attendant most of the time. There is an overpriced Restaurant on the 15th level with both inside and outside seating. From the outside seating there's a breath-taking view of the city and sea at night. The menu at the roof top was extremely limited for me as a vegan (incidentally the case in most high end restaurants I've been to in Pattaya). And yes, my Thai date did not disappoint but went ahead and ordered several really expensive dishes. Eating the way these girls eat would blow them up in the West. As a matter of fact and aside from this hotel review, Thai people are progressively getting obese in the 5 years I have been going there. Even Soi 6 now has obese girls. Yuck!!! There is an all buffet restaurant at the main level called the Kitch which also serves hotel guest breakfast. It has a good selection and a wide variety of qiezine but again falls short on vegetarian and vegan choices. 

No problems bringing a guest. One forgot her ID and they let her in anyway. Incidentally one can bring guests to the room through the two below ground parking levels if one wants to avoid the walk of shame. Some girls must know this as one tried to get to my room this way but got stuck at whatever level the other elevator passengers were going to. The room key only accesses ones' level and the common areas of level 13 and 15.

On to Grande Centre Park at Terminal 21 or Avani in December. I could go back to Mytt Beach but I need to explore all these others. By the way Mytt is quite new and I think has not quite established itself on the food chain. My observation in Pattaya has been that newer hotels tend to come in claiming to be a luxury facility and charging accordingly. Within a few years however, I think the market sets the appropriate pricing. I always wondered why the Mera Mare was so expensive being next to loud Hard Rock Cafe. Well lo and behold, Mera Mera is now much cheaper than just a year ago.

• 2 months later...

I stayed at the Mytt with lounge, happy hour etc. I hadnt eaten before I checked in, 6 hours later I was sick as hell. Never had a such extreme poisoning in my life.

Some things struck me after the four days of sickeness. Small signs that I should have foreseen. After the antibiotics and two other medicines I was feeling better. It took days.

Low season, food exposed in room temp for a long time, My body was not aclim yet of the new bacteria flavor.

Nice new hotel with a nice view from the toplounge, small balconie in my loom but it was very clean. Yes I would stay there again.:Puke2::Moon2:

But think twice what I eat and when

Archived