Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Stuck Behind a Six Ball

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Have made the same experience with korean golfers. They would never ever have another group pass them. At least that was my experience unless I went to play in Ratchaburi. There the koreans let you pass or play at a good pace.  

Never had any idea why they play a different style there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/02/2019 at 20:10, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Played at Ubonratdam near Khon Khaen yesterday. Top course in wonderful condition. My 4 ball weren’t held up at all, and we progressed round in 4 hours. An hour or so ahead of us was another falang 4 ball which was being held up by a Thai 6 ball. The falangs got the caddy to call the clubhouse and ask for a Marshall to hurry them along.

While I sympathize, the complaining is not something I would do. Unless it says that above 4 ball are banned, then ‘up to them’. Their country their rules.

I recall a similar situation at Victory Park Nong Khai, when I had to stride across from my fairway to an adjacent one to defuse a heated argument between 2 falang and a Thai 5 ball, I recognized one of the Thai guys (he is a cop who I played with previously).

There are lots of good things about golfing in LoS, and some frustrating things too. However, it is as it is, no point in getting angry or trying to change things.

Sure glad our pioneers didn't think that way. LOL

I get that it doesn't' seem to gain one much complaining to, or arguing with, a Thai but they do understand $$$.

No argument. I'd simply go to the manager after the round, let them know what happened and let them know we wouldn't be back. Once, maybe twice, no effect.They hear it enough, to the point they believe they're losing $$$, and that is how things might change. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

4 hours ago, sulu said:

Sure glad our pioneers didn't think that way. LOL

I get that it doesn't' seem to gain one much complaining to, or arguing with, a Thai but they do understand $$$.

No argument. I'd simply go to the manager after the round, let them know what happened and let them know we wouldn't be back. Once, maybe twice, no effect.They hear it enough, to the point they believe they're losing $$$, and that is how things might change. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

I stand by what I say.

Your point is eloquently made and is based on reasoned argument - however the Western logic you employ just doesn’t cut it in LoS I’m afraid. The Falang who seeks to alter the ways in which Thais act and think is surely embarking on a Mission Impossibile.

I stand by what I say.
Your point is eloquently made and is based on reasoned argument - however the Western logic you employ just doesn’t cut it in LoS I’m afraid. The Falang who seeks to alter the ways in which Thais act and think is surely embarking on a Mission Impossibile.
Very true. I was at Pattavia and the showers were pissing me off, after building the new club house the showers weren't getting maintained, dirty, broken parts, some not working, so i asked to see the Manager, he just kept saying Sorry, he had no intention of getting them fixed and cleaned, just say sorry a few times and that will do, stupid bastards sometimes

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/02/2019 at 01:10, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Played at Ubonratdam near Khon Khaen yesterday. Top course in wonderful condition. My 4 ball weren’t held up at all, and we progressed round in 4 hours. An hour or so ahead of us was another falang 4 ball which was being held up by a Thai 6 ball. The falangs got the caddy to call the clubhouse and ask for a Marshall to hurry them along.

While I sympathize, the complaining is not something I would do. Unless it says that above 4 ball are banned, then ‘up to them’. Their country their rules.

I recall a similar situation at Victory Park Nong Khai, when I had to stride across from my fairway to an adjacent one to defuse a heated argument between 2 falang and a Thai 5 ball, I recognized one of the Thai guys (he is a cop who I played with previously).

There are lots of good things about golfing in LoS, and some frustrating things too. However, it is as it is, no point in getting angry or trying to change things.

Played that  Dam course about 10 years ago a couple of times when i was staying at Nong Bua Lampu .  Think it was 300 baht a round , subsidized by a company .

Couple of interesting par 3's i remember , we tee'd off at dawn to beat the afternoon roasting .

Love to play golf in Thailand apart from the non golf etiquete of some people.   Playing with a 2 ball at Plutalawan  (sp) and came up behind a Thai. 7 ball .    With their caddies it looked like a slow moving football crowd  !!      clueless .

My mate wanted to launch his ball at them , but i said forget it , we'll skip in front of them which we did .

No point getting wound up

Mikeyboy

Archived