IGNORED

A380 Jumbo Scrapped

Rainsberger

38 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Whilst the dreamliner is a great plane, the new popular economy seats really suck. 

Has a sliding base with less recline. Not comfy at all IMO. I will pay a premium to not be on this plane.

The choice of seats by an airline on a jet is totally irrelevant to the frame.  ANA may have one type of seat while UAL another.   Look up the particular airlines seat before choosing is smart.  Use seatguru.com.

The things the airframe do differently are ride smoothness and air quality.  Both the Dreamliner and 380 excel in that area.  

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, fatjack1 said:

The choice of seats by an airline on a jet is totally irrelevant to the frame.  ANA may have one type of seat while UAL another.   Look up the particular airlines seat before choosing is smart.  Use seatguru.com.

The things the airframe do differently are ride smoothness and air quality.  Both the Dreamliner and 380 excel in that area.  

I don't think totally irrelevant. I think the 787 may all be fitted with this new type of seat, with the slidey base ....maybe different width and legroom stats though. 

I'm sure all the mid east carriers have them, but here's a paste about United:

United Boeing 787s are configured in a very tight 3-3-3 layout in economy class. These seats provide 17.3 inches of width and 32 inches of pitch. In regards to seat recline, on United’s 787-8 aircraft, the seatbacks recline and the seatpans move forward for a total of 5 inches of recline. But on United’s 787-9 aircraft, only the seatbacks recline a total of 3 inches. That’s it. It’s a shame that their newer planes lose 2 inches of recline and provide less comfort for their passengers. Additionally, these newer aircraft are configured with slimline seats that do not provide the best lumbar support for your back or padding for your rear end.

Well I'd avoid crappy seats for sure.  Still think you should look at each carriers layout and seating reviews.  The shitty seats aren't going to be on all airlines.

For example I fly business class.  But I notice some of the carriers with the new Dreamliner are using 2-2-2 seating.  Some I think allow the inside seat access to the aisle without climbing over the passenger next to them.  Some don't.  Doesn't feel like business class if someone else has to wake you up to piss.   I'm particular since being able to sleep is the #1 priority for me on a jet.  

I did like the Asiana 380 to LAX.  1-2-1 seating.  Only problem is the long layover in ICN.  Not the greatest place to be stuck for 5 hours adding to an already too long trip.

Archived