IGNORED

NEW AEROX 2019 ?? 2019 Yamaha NVX 155

david555

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

40 minutes ago, david555 said:

More detailed in use of bike , (put of the audio for reading English subs undistracted by India language …:wink:)

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

1 hour ago, david555 said:

More detailed in use of bike , (put of the audio for reading English subs undistracted by India language …:wink:)

It looks a great bike. My concern is on Thai Baht and sold you see always lots for sale with low mileage and was wondering why people were selling them along with the Yamaha Nmax?

The brand leader the Honda click you very rarely see for sale as i have been looking for one for the last 4 months on Thai baht and sold

If any BM can help with my questions i would be grateful?

Talking with friends who have these they seem to be very happy with them.

The only real criticism I've heard is that they could do with a bit more fuel capacity.

For me certainly the best looking scooter on the market.

On 09/02/2019 at 19:05, overseas516 said:

It looks a great bike. My concern is on Thai Baht and sold you see always lots for sale with low mileage and was wondering why people were selling them along with the Yamaha Nmax?

The brand leader the Honda click you very rarely see for sale as i have been looking for one for the last 4 months on Thai baht and sold

If any BM can help with my questions i would be grateful?

Here's a long thread on the Yamaha Aerox 155. It doesn't deal with the 2019 model but there's plenty of ownership experience and comparisons with other bikes owned. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

26 minutes ago, likeaking said:

Here's a long thread on the Yamaha Aerox 155. It doesn't deal with the 2019 model but there's plenty of ownership experience and comparisons with other bikes owned. 

Many thanks i think i will rent one for a week to see if i like it and then rent a new click for a week and then i will decide.  :D

1 minute ago, overseas516 said:

Many thanks i think i will rent one for a week to see if i like it and then rent a new click for a week and then i will decide.  :D

There's a new Click 150 out now too. It's price and performance is close to last year's Aerox 155. The difference is in their handling and comfort. The Click is a great urban bike, small and quick handling but a little too responsive at higher speeds to relax on. Aerox 155 is larger, less flickable and more relaxed to ride for longer and two-up rides. 

The above is in no way meant to say the Click isn't okay on the highway or the Aerox isn't good in town. I'm sure many forum members can attest to these bikes' abilities. It's just that most bikes are designed to be optimal in some areas and proficient in others. Renting each bike and riding it where you would usually do is an excellent way to see which you prefer. Please report back your impressions.

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

14 minutes ago, likeaking said:

There's a new Click 150 out now too. It's price and performance is close to last year's Aerox 155. The difference is in their handling and comfort. The Click is a great urban bike, small and quick handling but a little too responsive at higher speeds to relax on. Aerox 155 is larger, less flickable and more relaxed to ride for longer and two-up rides. 

The above is in no way meant to say the Click isn't okay on the highway or the Aerox isn't good in town. I'm sure many forum members can attest to these bikes' abilities. It's just that most bikes are designed to be optimal in some areas and proficient in others. Renting each bike and riding it where you would usually do is an excellent way to see which you prefer. Please report back your impressions.

Many thanks very helpful, i will certainly report back as soon as i am back in LOS.   :D

• 2 weeks later...

For cruising, the Honda pcx has always been my favorite.  Lots of power and comfortable...drove it for a week in Northern Thailand...chiang mai, pai, chiang rai.  But, riding around in crowded town like Pattaya, i think the smaller and more nimble click might be better choice.  Especially when parking and moving around objects.

i hired a aerox 155 in september for 1 month . was great , power off the start was good along with the fatter tyres front and back . i felt a little bit cramped in the riding position though , apart from that was an excellent ride . 

this trip i just hired the latest model honda click 150 for about 2 weeks . could not fault it the pro's and cons against the aerox , i felt the clicks riding position better but the tyres on the aerox outshone the click when hitting the cracks in the roads . one other thing was the click has the floor space to put shopping ect whereas the aerox does not 

so if i was going to buy one i think it would be the click and change the tyes and rims to larger ones , simply for the floor space . either bike i would upgrade the suspension as with any scooter in thailand .

there is always good buys on baht & sold from time to time

i bought a new PCX 150 nov '17 , was a great ride , more like sitting in an armchair . but really not suited for ducking in and out of traffic , was great in the open

15 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

i hired a aerox 155 in september for 1 month . was great , power off the start was good along with the fatter tyres front and back . i felt a little bit cramped in the riding position though , apart from that was an excellent ride . 

this trip i just hired the latest model Honda click 150 for about 2 weeks . could not fault it the pro's and cons against the aerox , i felt the clicks riding position better but the tyres on the aerox outshone the click when hitting the cracks in the roads . one other thing was the click has the floor space to put shopping ect whereas the aerox does not 

so if i was going to buy one i think it would be the click and change the tyes and rims to larger ones , simply for the floor space . either bike i would upgrade the suspension as with any scooter in thailand .

i bought a new PCX 150 nov '17 , was a great ride , more like sitting in an armchair . but really not suited for ducking in and out of traffic , was great in the open

Many thanks for giving your insight. Do you know what the cost is to upgrade the shocks, tires and rims and where do you go to get them fitted etc.

3 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

Many thanks for giving your insight. Do you know what the cost is to upgrade the shocks, tires and rims and where do you go to get them fitted etc.

the shocks i would go for the gas ones and they run into 5- 10,000 baht depends if you need 1 or 2 . the click only has one . 

as for tyres most shops would have them the one in mind would be to try next to retox on the corner of soi lengkee and 3rd road over the road from BOXING ROO , should have a range of shocks as well . plus usually has someone who can speak english so it's a bit easier to get across what you want rather than the odd one down the road who doesn't understand what your saying . 

I also had a honda wave 125 that i traded on the pcx150 and tyres and rims for that were the same as a honda 250 r and was quoted about 30,000baht but think he was taking the piss then i forgot the idea . but i did actually upgrade the rims and tyres , cost was roughly 15,000baht but can't quiet remember . tyres were perelli fattest ones i could fit on 55555 . made a huge difference

41 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

good luck in sourcing your goods but i would scout around and not take the first price , get at least 3 or 4 from different joints . one to AVOID like the plauge is the one up soi bacukow opposite the hospital , an absolute thief . total rip off . has all those bikes done up out the front called  MUI THAI  or something similar . had the honda wave fixed after an accident , cost me 27,000baht and never fixed it right , took it back and virtually told me to fuck off . 

just checked the name they are called   MAITHAI

10 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

the shocks i would go for the gas ones and they run into 5- 10,000 baht depends if you need 1 or 2 . the click only has one . 

as for tyres most shops would have them the one in mind would be to try next to Retox on the corner of soi lengkee and 3rd road over the road from BOXING ROO , should have a range of shocks as well . plus usually has someone who can speak english so it's a bit easier to get across what you want rather than the odd one down the road who doesn't understand what your saying . 

I also had a Honda wave 125 that i traded on the pcx150 and tyres and rims for that were the same as a Honda 250 r and was quoted about 30,000baht but think he was taking the piss then i forgot the idea . but i did actually upgrade the rims and tyres , cost was roughly 15,000baht but can't quiet remember . tyres were perelli fattest ones i could fit on 55555 . made a huge difference

Many thanks onehunglo very much appreciated. When i have hired a click in the past with a standard seat i find it really uncomfortable and my ass aches and when i get to traffic lights i stand up to get rid of the ache. I was thinking of the Aerox as the seat was more comfortable and it already has wide tyres and rims? I do agree though the Click is more practical for shopping as it has a wide foot plate.

The big question is though with all the upgrades that i would need to make to either the Aerox or Click to get everything i want what is the revised cost for both bikes? 

2 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

good luck in sourcing your goods but i would scout around and not take the first price , get at least 3 or 4 from different joints . one to AVOID like the plauge is the one up soi bacukow opposite the hospital , an absolute thief . total rip off . has all those bikes done up out the front called  MUI THAI  or something similar . had the Honda wave fixed after an accident , cost me 27,000baht and never fixed it right , took it back and virtually told me to fuck off . 

Good advice many thanks.  :Clap:

4 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

Many thanks onehunglo very much appreciated. When i have hired a click in the past with a standard seat i find it really uncomfortable and my ass aches and when i get to traffic lights i stand up to get rid of the ache. I was thinking of the Aerox as the seat was more comfortable and it already has wide tyres and rims? I do agree though the Click is more practical for shopping as it has a wide foot plate.

The big question is though with all the upgrades that i would need to make to either the Aerox or Click to get everything i want what is the revised cost for both bikes? 

I think the aerox 155 would be my choice if your saying your arse hurts plus it has the fatter tyres and rims = saving more bucks ! i can't remember if it has 1 or 2 shocks  either way aerox would be about 5 - 10,000 baht for the shocks , the click i don't know exact pricing on rims and tyres  but you could add another 15,000baht maybe , not sure you would have to talk to them . i will pm you a pic of the honda wave and pcx when i traded it and you will see the wheels

5 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

I think the aerox 155 would be my choice if your saying your arse hurts plus it has the fatter tyres and rims = saving more bucks ! i can't remember if it has 1 or 2 shocks  either way aerox would be about 5 - 10,000 baht for the shocks , the click i don't know exact pricing on rims and tyres  but you could add another 15,000baht maybe , not sure you would have to talk to them . i will pm you a pic of the Honda wave and pcx when i traded it and you will see the wheels

Many thanks for taking the time and effort very much appreciated.  :Clap:

dk motorbike hire also trades as pattaya golf has an excellent range of bikes at competitive prices . thats who i used the last 2 trips  , had the aerox155 then last week the click 150 both only had 600 klm's on the clock so not worn out .

Kevin is his name picks up bike and drops it off to you , too easy .

you can contact him through this site under the name pattaya golf , type in pattaya golf in search bar

19 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

Many thanks for taking the time and effort very much appreciated.  :Clap:

LIKEAKING'S  post on feb 15th was on the mark about handling at highway speeds he liked the aerox over the click , i would have to agree . tyres do make the difference as well and to the shocks

35 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

LIKEAKING'S  post on feb 15th was on the mark about handling at highway speeds he liked the aerox over the click , i would have to agree . tyres do make the difference as well and to the shocks

always remember the more you spend updating your handlebars is less your going to be able to update the other bar . 55555

8 hours ago, onehunglo said:

this trip i just hired the latest model Honda click 150 for about 2 weeks . could not fault it the pro's and cons against the aerox , i felt the clicks riding position better but the tyres on the aerox outshone the click when hitting the cracks in the roads . one other thing was the click has the floor space to put shopping ect whereas the aerox does not 

Thanks for the post comparing the two bikes, onehunglo, good to get a real life comparison. One thing I would caution about is changing rim diameter on a Click. Putting larger diameter  rims on a Click will not yield a Click with it's nippy handling and Aerox ride comfort. Larger tires/rims will slow acceleration, braking and handlebar response but give a cushier ride. Everything is a tradeoff. There is also risk that changing rim diameter may cause instability as the rest of the bike's geometry was designed with the stock size wheel diameter. A slightly larger tire on stock rims and adjusting tire pressure may help with small road imperfections. I notice Thai bike mechanics mostly just air up the tires until they are rock-hard. Shocks with adjustable damping could could help rear comfort over bumps. 

A shop experienced in modifying Clicks would know what works with what rather than starting an expensive guessing game. IMO

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

I have a 2017 Click and my buddy I ride with has a 2018 Aerox.  I find his Aerox much more comfortable and stable at speed.  I think the bigger tires make a big difference.  There is also a bump around Jomtien on Sukimvit, when riding together I bottom out the Click when hitting it at like 70, he doesn't bottom out.   

I'm not sure I'd want a 150 Click.  I think if buying a faster bike I'd also want the bigger tires and more stable bike.  

I think the paint on the Yamaha is lesser quality and see a lot of them faded.  Actually I think the Honda is probably the better built bike.  If I had it to do over again I'd buy one of the bigger more stable bikes (Aerox, PCX or that other yamaha that's more styled like the PCX).  

40197240443_b5af027989_z.jpgIMG20190219141731 by Norcalkid, on Flickr

On display at Tops Darkside today ..new colour ! 552e80516e421aae245ba4f27ce42328.jpga4f5e170fe41fd27fae5c35076fd6fde.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Saw many Aerox in Angeles City a couple of weeks ago but no PCX and the roads in PI are shit.

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

On 15/02/2019 at 15:53, Kim Jong Il said:

Talking with friends who have these they seem to be very happy with them.

The only real criticism I've heard is that they could do with a bit more fuel capacity.

For me certainly the best looking scooter on the market. 

The Aerox COULD be the best looking scooter on the market except for their terrible paints jobs which put me off buying one. Look at the blue and yellow above !!! The passenger seat also looks very elevated but never used one.

Archived