Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Air asia brisbane to bkk

jim lahey

Looks like thai air asia are going to start offering direct flights from brisbane to bkk from june 25.

Heaps better than having to transit through singapore or kl to get a cheap flight

Thanks for that. Great news. Be awesome to have a 2nd carrier that goes direct.

They recently cancelled Auckland-Gold Coast-KL then beyond.

They'll figure that they can get the NZers and Thais to get themselves to Brisbane then connect through to BKK.

MY 99 CENT KINDLE: ... 1974 TRAVEL IN THAILAND, CAMBODIA AND SOUTH VIETNAM : http://www.amazon.co.uk/EXPLAINING-CAMBODIA-Part-Torn-Jagged-ebook/dp/B00L0LC8TO

Good stuff. We now have another choice direct other than thai. Thai changed their timetable and then cut half the services to brisbane as they had no direct competition. 

12 Pints in Know it all

Would these be on the normal sized Air Asia planes / seats ?, and how long a flight is it ?

Or do they have bigger planes/ bigger seats for long-haul flights ?. A couple of hours on their normal size planes is enough for me

if you don,t buy the add ons you can find return flights for a little over 11000 baht.   the times are ok.    well for me.  leaves bkk 11.40 pm which means a late afternoon bus for me and gets in around 9.30. It leaves Brisbane around 11.30 and gets into DMK about 7.20 so should be home before bar shuts. The Brisbane leg I will have mum make some rolls.    There is a bus service from  hervey  bay to the airport  that  i can use that will pick me up at the  house which is north of  gympie  and will drop me at the house. 

not fussed about seats.    caught plenty of them and they are ok. I will take some underwear , meds and shorts and wear Dads shirts when I go back. Mum has to have a knee replacement some time and  dad doesn't drive so  i will go there and be driver and cook. 3 months of boredom as they live in a village with no pub and the nearest one is 15kms away and you have to drive.                                         

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

It's AirasiaX... Low cost..expect to pay more for baggage, food, seat allocation etc.. 

Like Thai they are only flying 4 times per week....But some competition is got to be good.

It just cost me the most I have paid in 5yrs to go at end of month for 10days.... $1400..... BKK Bris BKK 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

The beauty of low cost airlines is if you don't want the add ons don't pay. The food at DMK is cheap and as the flight leaves near midnight have a drink before you board . If you can sleep for 6-7 hours better. Maybe buy one water or a coffee in the morning.

The Brisbane Intl airport should be investigated. 6 bucks for a can of Passiona. It leaves around lunch time so take your own food and fuck the airport vendors. Fill up a water bottle at the airport after going through security.

And take a device to watch movies or play games or call me old fashioned a book.

If you can get away with cabin luggage only you will be through in no time unless you get get dragged out of the line by     Aldo who made us go through the customs line although we had nothing to declare and the TGF had only a handbag. Dickhead said you have come from a country known for drugs and I said , what Singapore. Queued for 40 minutes and the customs bloke said "what do you have to declare. ' Nothing, not even duty free. The beagle went all over my bag and moved on." The bloke said "Aldo is a dickhead mate, makes life tough for older blokes with pretty young companions. welcome home. On your way"

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

2 hours ago, Ron Rat said:

dragged out of the line by     Aldo

Who is Aldo ?

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

Aldo was the customs smartarse who dragged me and the TGF out of the nothing to declare line at Brisbane Intl  when  i last went. Nearly every bloke with Asian girl with him were grabbed as well. Just red penned a few  of us and that was after a SIA flight. Fuck knows what the cunt will be like after a Thai direct flight. I was wearing a pair of shorts, a t shirt, and had a small suitcase. The TGF had a hand bag.

Not as bad as Greyhound though. A couple going to Toowoomba then on to Oakey had booked a Greyhound bus at the airport and the bloody driver didn't pick them up. The desk y rang him and said "I forgot"They were there 15 minutes before schedule. Greyhound refused to refund money, the sim card they bought could/would not be activated and Greyhound said if they caught the train to Roma street (at their expense) they could BUY another ticket for a bus 2 hours time.

That year Brisbane International won an award and I can only think the judges were on drugs, pissed or just been blown by 20 QANTAS poof stewards.

26 minutes ago, Ron Rat said:

Aldo was the customs smartarse who dragged me and the TGF out of the nothing to declare line at Brisbane Intl  when  i last went. Nearly every bloke with Asian girl with him were grabbed as well.

There is no "nothing to declare line" at brisbane airport. Everyone lines up together and they decide whether to check you or not regardless of what you wrote on your card. Asians are targetted because they often bring in food. I doubt it had anything to do with you being with her. If she came in alone she probably would have got checked anyway

12 Pints in Know it all

Will have a look see if they are offering January flights for next year and what they have in the way of premium type seats with entertainment etc

• 3 months later...

Seems to have had an effect on prices

Just seen Brisbane to Bkk for 695 return direct with Thai in August  never seen it that low

That's from skyscanners

How can they sell for less than can get direct from the airline which was 750

I booked for Oct/Nov at the launch sale for 418.04 including seat selection, carry on only .

There is no fee for wheelchair service.

If you are a big guy especially across the shoulders row 44 back are 2 seats for the outside rows. Row 44 aisle seats for the outside rows are really great because you are able to sit without being buffeted by people walking past so well worth paying for.

Meals etc "up to you"

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Paid $505 a month ago for the AirAsiaX direct from Brisbane to Bangkok return.  The included picking my own seat, but not an exit one, 20kg luggage and a meal each way.  I only got the meal because I knew I would need a drink of water at least.  I always travel with carry on only but paid for the 20kg luggage in case they had some issue with my carry on.  Better to pay that than get hit with a huge fee at the airport.

I don't think this includes entertainment.  I'm not sure but I think you can pay once on the plane $20 for some type of ipad device with movies and stuff on it.

The other downside is it lands at DMK, so extra distance to travel to Pattaya.  But at $505 direct return it is good value.

505 with AirAsia 

20 for food both ways

40 for entertainment both ways

20 for a couple of beers 

Or

690 on thai

Suppose AirAsia just get the vote

But to be honest I would not be looking forward to the AirAsia flight from past experience 

The best thing AA are driving prices down

20 hours ago, princeofwales said:

505 with AirAsia 

20 for food both ways

40 for entertainment both ways

20 for a couple of beers 

Or

690 on thai

Suppose AirAsia just get the vote

But to be honest I would not be looking forward to the AirAsia flight from past experience 

The best thing AA are driving prices down

the price for Thai airways when I booked with AirAsia was around $1200.  If I booked with Thai airways a month and half earlier it was at $840.  If I could have still got the $840 I would have gone with them.  The $505 with AirAsia included food, seat selection (as long as it wasn't an exit seat) and 20kg luggage.

On 11/02/2019 at 02:33, Atlas said:

It's AirasiaX... Low cost..expect to pay more for baggage, food, seat allocation etc.. 

Like Thai they are only flying 4 times per week....But some competition is got to be good.

It just cost me the most I have paid in 5yrs to go at end of month for 10days.... $1400..... BKK Bris BKK 

True but Thai has just dropped their baggage allowance for economy form 32 to 20.  That is a right pain ion the arse especially when coming back after buying crap in Pattaya

Archived