IGNORED

Customers playing videos on their smartphone in restaurants

When did it become OK to play your smartphone videos in restaurants, loud enough for everyone else to hear?

Seems to happen all the time nowadays. 

I feel Like poking them and tell them to turn that shit down....it’s fucking annoying. 

It's a reasonable gripe but do you make similar complaints when people are talking even louder?

Hate this too. Always get young chavs playing awful music really loudly on buses here in UK too. You can buy earphones for a £1 FFS.

KIds playing shoot em up games.....buy them some fucking earphones for God’s sake

It should be compulsory for all smart phones to be switched off on entering any restaurant. :GrinNod1:

37 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

It should be compulsory for all smart phones to be switched off on entering any restaurant. :GrinNod1:

When did the average restaurant in  Pattaya become so hi-so ?

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

53 minutes ago, SteveX08 said:

When did this topic become so Pattaya centric??

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

4 hours ago, SteveX08 said:

It is called common courtesey or etiquette.  :P

6 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Although i wouldnt go as far as turning them off,  putting them on silent mode would be good, can still see if someones calling if its in front of you.

If I'm having a meal alone, I might pull out my phone to read a book or email, but I wouldn't do anything that had sound.  I agree with the OP.

Having breakfast right now. Soft  jazz playing on the house music system. Yep the guy at the next table playing some video on his smartphone again. 

“Waitress! Can you please turn down the stereo so we can all listen to the crap this guy here is playing!” 

It's a level of rudeness that is above the comfort zone of most that seems to be more and more common. I would guess it includes variations like people having carrying on conversations on speakerphone so we can all hear it, and in general ignoring any other common civilities that indicate you are both aware of and care that there are others around you.

Are there exceptions?

I usually don't do it but I think there are exceptions when it's OK.

I remember a while eating in an empty place so I played a clip. Should I be worried about  disturbing the waiter?

Yesterday I was in a mall with open air seating, and loud mall noises. I did it then. I really don't think it disturbed anyone. 

Should I be arrested?

2 hours ago, Imrankhan1981 said:

That's why they invented earphones to keep it to yourself or at least low volume if you are showing it to others around you.

I know. But I don't carry them. I agree it's rude to do but I also think there are common sense exceptions. 

• 3 weeks later...

Headphones or earbuds are a must....If you have them on, you have nothing to complain about...If you have a problem with a guy with headphones ...then you have a problem with a guy with a book reading quietly as well?....

The dude doing the complaining has the problem...He has issues....

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2019 at 16:51, jiz said:

Having breakfast right now. Soft  jazz playing on the house music system. Yep the guy at the next table playing some video on his smartphone again. 

“Waitress! Can you please turn down the stereo so we can all listen to the crap this guy here is playing!” 

Or pull your chair up behind him and watch over his shoulder, watching his phone with manic interest, while chomping on your food? 

Nah

Tukcom or weekly markets get a little Bluetooth speaker with some output 

and drown the idiot with something rousing ... Preußens Gloria would do admirably

It happens that some people are inconsiderate of others playing loud music in a restaurant but it's up to the managment to put an end to it, other wise they are not a well managed restaurant. 

Now how can you put an end to the ones that receive calls and end up talking loudly about some annoying crap for 10 minutes? 

Archived