Jump to content
Emiel7777

Shop for boxing gear

Recommended Posts

Emiel7777

Not sure if this topic is in the right section, but i am looking for a shop in pattaya to buy boxing cloves and some others stuf. Because i use them alot it needs te be good (original) quality. Has anybody have an suggestion? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown

I usually buy from  Twins in BKK cheaper if you don't mind odd colours.

Pattaya  is fairly expensive, you could try at Twin Tiger boxing gym.  on Second road near Cnr of Second and Pattaya Tai.

Florida boxing has a few shops along second road.

We run a small boxing gym back home and have had up to 130 Kg likes using the and they are still holding together after 7 or so years, they get a work out up to 4 times a week.

 

I tried Windy as they were bit cheaper but they split on the seams after a few hits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emiel7777

Thanks for your reply. I always use twins myself. So if i can get them here for cheaper than 4000 baht it is worth it otherwise i just buy them in holland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emiel7777
8 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

I usually buy from  Twins in BKK cheaper if you don't mind odd colours.

Pattaya  is fairly expensive, you could try at Twin Tiger boxing gym.  on Second road near Cnr of Second and Pattaya Tai.

Florida boxing has a few shops along second road.

We run a small boxing gym back home and have had up to 130 Kg likes using the and they are still holding together after 7 or so years, they get a work out up to 4 times a week.

 

I tried Windy as they were bit cheaper but they split on the seams after a few hits. 

Sorry i thought i knew were it was but turnout it was a supplement store... can you be i little more specific so that even i can find it...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wolf Cat

I was walking around Super Sport in Central Festival today (3rd floor) and they had a decent selection of boxing gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B-Man

You may spend a little more but try Fairtex on North Pattaya Rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.34.09 am.png

 

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.33.05 am.png

 

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.33.32 am.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown

I'm not sure if this joint is still open or not?

 

 

 

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.37.06 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.37.21 am.png

 

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.40.07 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.40.24 am.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown

The other Florida shop is on Second Road;   If you are coming from Walking Street end it is  just before and same side as the Pattaya Night Bazaar the green joint nearly opposite Central Festival .

 

It's a good shop with a ton of equipment,  the lady is a bit grumpy bit just ignore that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown

Here is some pics of the above shop.

 

See the yellow sign 

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.57.14 am.png

 

This is the buildings opposite notice VT6 and Central Festival in the background

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.58.19 am.png

 

 

This is the shop easy to miss if you are not looking.

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.59.01 am.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emiel7777

Thank you guys for the effort. Harry, perfect with the map. Now even i can find it!! Will go there today or tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emiel7777

Went to florida boxing shop but it was closed, will trie again on monday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AngryBear
Posted (edited)
On 05/02/2019 at 10:45, Harry Brown said:

I'm not sure if this joint is still open or not?

 

 

 

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.37.06 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.37.21 am.png

 

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.40.07 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.40.24 am.png

Indeed, this place is still open. I bought a set of pads here for about 3000 baht, originally listed 3199, but asked for a small discount,  they were blue and they had the woody logo. The pads never truly broke in and still feel like a rock when you kick them.  Not happy with my purchase.  I regret not paying 1k baht more and upgrading to fairtex brands. 

 

The shop prices seemed pretty expensive overall and  better deals to be had via buying online. But it has quite the variety of brands and colors for gloves/pads/shorts/ etc  and pretty much everything you could of think when it comes to muy thai. 

Edited by AngryBear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown
2 hours ago, AngryBear said:

Indeed, this place is still open. I bought a set of pads here for about 3000 baht, originally listed 3199, but asked for a small discount,  they were blue and they had the woody logo. The pads never truly broke in and still feel like a rock when you kick them.  Not happy with my purchase.  I regret not paying 1k baht more and upgrading to fairtex brands. 

 

The shop prices seemed pretty expensive overall and  better deals to be had via buying online. But it has quite the variety of brands and colors for gloves/pads/shorts/ etc  and pretty much everything you could of think when it comes to muy thai. 

Pattaya is not good value for boxing equipment, BKK is much better. There is a Twins shop in BKK that is fairly good value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AngryBear
3 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Pattaya is not good value for boxing equipment, BKK is much better. There is a Twins shop in BKK that is fairly good value.

Cool man, ill keep that in mind.  ....still have not bought my own boxing gloves and was looking at either twin or yokkao.  yokkao seems to have a good reputation and some nice designs .... 

download.jpg.745e8625f304a0fad5d752d379c6bc3c.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cmw

Florida is good, but it is more expensive than buying in UK, even for the Thai made stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mightygary

Try lazada for gloves you get a pretty good or even professional boxing gloves there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.