IGNORED

Location sharing with friends and family

teatimer

I share my location with some friends and family using google maps. Problem is I can't just 'pause' sharing my location. If I turn of sharing then turn it on again, all my contacts get notified that I've shared with them again. 

My plan is to spend a couple of weeks in SEA before meeting up with my family. I'm sure they'll want to check up on where I am during my solo time... but there's no way I'd want them to see I'm in Pattaya or whatever. The only option is to turn off my phone data or turn of location services for google maps. turning off location services means I wouldn't be able to see where I am on the map. 

It's such a mess and not sure how to get around this.

(using android)

"Forget" your phone in the airport, recover it on your way back. Get a cheap mongerphone while in Pattaya...

my sister harassed me every day for me to turn on my location services / family location sharing when they found out I was going to Thailand …..  Because they were "worried".

Even when I was married, I refused to activate that feature for my now ex wife, no way was I going to do so for my sibling and 80 year old parents.….

So I got lots of saying no practice before hitting the mean streets and bars of Pattaya and Phuket.

But being curious, I did a little google search for you.  No idea if this works or not, but worth a read.

https://www.lifewire.com/fake-gps-location-4165524

Archived