IGNORED

Opinions on Opey de Place Pattaya?

ImagineResults

Thinking about booking Opey de Place - it's in the heart of it all, anyone used it, any thoughts? alternatives for similar budget?

I seen Kev in thyland doing a report on it. It’ looks good. Thinking about booking it my self. Central to everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A few mates of mine have stayed there and it is value for money.  it is not the  waldorf but  ticks a lot of boxes and location is good.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

I stayed there on my first trip, it's ok not expensive and great location. As said it's a bit dated. I wish I'd booked a room with either pool view or street view, ended up with a view of the next door building from my balcony. Overall it's not too bad.

just stayed there in Jan,great location,pool is ok,staff was great,rooms were ok and clean,had no problems or complaints would stay again...

I'd personally say the rooms are very dated, basic worn furniture and very sparse. Pool area also very basic, just a concrete surrounding and rooms. However location is excellent, right in the heart of the action, but still very quiet and it is a good budget option.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

On 01/02/2019 at 21:55, ImagineResults said:

Thinking about booking Opey de Place - it's in the heart of it all, anyone used it, any thoughts? alternatives for similar budget?

I used to stay at the Opey often up to about 8 years ago when the Opey put their rates up by 50%.

The rooms needed updating 8 years ago and by the sounds of things this has not been done.

The rooms must be like flea pits 8 years on.

I stayed there in November. Very good location. The room was big and in good condition.

The only problem was the hard bed as is usual with cheap hotels in Thailand.

Stayed here 3weeks 2,5  years ago, rooms bit dated but didn't mind. I stayed on the poolside room.

Food in the restaurant was ok/good then, dont remember the prices but think it was cheap, tho only ate there maybe 5 times.

Staff was friendly then, no problems at all.

Location is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I stayed at ODP when it first opened, the first guest to stay in my room. Crazy to hear people talking about it now being dated. 

Nearby Sutus Court gives you more choices of rooms in the same price level with a nicer pool area.

I have wanted to try Sutus Court but have heard that there are no room safe boxes.  Unfortunately, that, along with no or poorly working A/C, is a deal breaker for me.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if you can pay to use their pool or ok if buy food/drink etc etc as a non staying guest???

On 17/02/2019 at 18:46, Tagum said:

Wow, I stayed at ODP when it first opened, the first guest to stay in my room. Crazy to hear people talking about it now being dated. 

Nearby Sutus Court gives you more choices of rooms in the same price level with a nicer pool area.

What year would that have been? 

Its my regular place to stay last 4 years - 8 times. Most of the rooms have a new AC now. And very clean too.

Cheers..

A Wombat... Eats roots, shoots and leaves.

Stayed there 3-4 times over the last 3 years

Location. 9/10

Pool.         8/10

Staff.        8/10 

Room.  A bit dated  6/10

Bed.      Hard mattress. 5/10

Cleaning.  8/10 

Food.        7/10 but prefer 99 baht buster at retox up the road 

Have stayed here a few times. I think it is important to have a room with a pool view so you have a balcony. Good value for just under 1000b. It is dated but great value for money given the location. Important for me that it is quiet which it is

Stayed there in 2016. Nice enough, clean, staff friendly, but a bit dated and basic. If you're someone who, like me, doesn't give a fuck about a pool, then you'll perhaps consider it overpriced since there are a ton of guesthouses around the same area, where the rooms aren't so dated, for a bit less.

Even other hotels not too far away, and a lot more modern, can be had for around the same price if you don't care about the pool. Scenery City and  Bay Breeze, for example.

Way too dated.  Id recommend something like D hotel / D Apartment instead.  Definitely a few more dollars per night for a better hotel

9 hours ago, Coastguard2 said:

Have stayed here a few times. I think it is important to have a room with a pool view so you have a balcony. Good value for just under 1000b. It is dated but great value for money given the location. Important for me that it is quiet which it is

Last stayed there in 2010 the hotel needed a refurb then.

Nature View just around the corner slightly more expensive but a much better hotel .

Archived