IGNORED

Weather in September

Scherzzo

Hey chaps, I'm thinking of heading over to Pattaya at the end of September for when the rugby works cup starts, I do like to sit out by the pool and get some Sun, will there be much sunshine followed by heavy rain?? Or is it luck of the draw??

Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I`ve never been in September, but i think its still the rainy season so if it does rain it might piss it down for a bit, but then brighten up and have some nice sunshine.I usually go in july/august and thats supposed to be rainy season, but i`ve known days of wall to wall sunshine, so to a certain degree it is indeed the luck of the draw.

Edited by vimto66

One of my 4 annual trips each year is the last 2 weeks of September and the first week of October.

It will be warm/hot and there will be rain, but doesn't last that long.

You will be able to enjoy sitting pool side with lot of sun.

LeoTex

• Like 1

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 4 months later...

Outside and inside my place a couple of Septembers ago.

IMG_0777.JPG

IMG_0781.JPG

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

September is one of the wettest months, although it rains most days it rarely rains all day. You will still get lots of sunshine. Just make sure you wear shorts and flip flops, Also take an umbrella.

• Like 1

ive been in september before, i try to avoid if i can now.. rain is just a pain

• Like 1

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread but seeing as how it's Sept now.  Been here a few weeks and there has been only one day where it rained when I was out and it caused an inconvenience.  But it wasn't too bad.  Just drizzling and I had an umbrella so not a huge deal.  But Sept/Oct is not over and we are due for some big downpours.  There's always a few but It's usually not too bad.  Just gotta be a little more flexible with your plans when it happens.  Most of the time when it happens it's only for a few hours and then everyone is out and about once again.

Edited by sssoidog

On 18/09/2019 at 09:18, fusionx said:

Any updates to the rain forecast? I'm coming over on Monday :)

You cannot trust the forecasts in pattaya during rainy season from my experience. Before I arrived the weather said the entire first week was thunderstorms. Didnt see a single drop of rain. Some days it showed possible rain during the entire day and again, still no rain. The one day it did rain on schedule it only rained for 2 hours not the all day rain it was showing. Yes they give you a view of possibilities but they are far from certain in pattaya this time of year. I noticed that my weather apps usually said "Possible rain" instead of just "rain" like it does when im home. Its just way more unpredictable here. 

On 11/09/2019 at 02:18, sssoidog said:

I know this is an old thread but seeing as how it's Sept now.  Been here a few weeks and there has been only one day where it rained when I was out and it caused an inconvenience.  But it wasn't too bad.  Just drizzling and I had an umbrella so not a huge deal.  But Sept/Oct is not over and we are due for some big downpours.  There's always a few but It's usually not too bad.  Just gotta be a little more flexible with your plans when it happens.  Most of the time when it happens it's only for a few hours and then everyone is out and about once again.

Heading back now from a 2 week trip and there was only one day with any significant rain, 16th or 17th it rained for 2 hours flooding then slowly draining in the afternoon. Other that yeah I agree its been amazingly dry. I was super worried about visiting in September and im sure this was luck but the weather has been great, dry, and sunny. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png.1f0f42a5871e9dd7c3c9a7a6b17a945e.png.6e53c5df987c5123968edc4f1dd563a0.png

Think8787, thank you for the update. I've been in Sept several times and never had much rain - not counting a few short storms passing through. 

1 hour ago, benny31 said:

It's pissing down right now

And the same yesterday. I’m not there at the moment but a good mate is, just got off a call with him and I could hear the rain coming down pretty hard in the background. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been in Thailand this time of year multiple times.  Oct is usually worse than Sept but it's usually not too bad. Usually just rains in the afternoon for an hour or two which cools things down nicely. You can usually see the clouds rolling in and hear thunder so you can anticipate it.  Only a minor inconvenience the majority of the time.  Well worth it to take advantage of low season rates for hotels and girl availability imo.

They are supposedly fixing the flooding problems.  There are roads being dug up all over the place right now to do that.  So that should improve things quite a bit by this time next year.  I haven't run into any flooding problems myself this trip.  It's usually just down near beach road where that is a problem. They are putting in a huge pipe the entire length of beach road right now to hopefully fix that.

Edited by jfreman

• 5 months later...

I enjoy visiting pattaya during september, less tourist volume and the days are sunny/hot with a passing storm in the afternoons usually to cool things back down. Typhoon can also occur but it's usually remnants of the ones that land in vietnam.

They don't have doppler radar or anything for tracking weather but I found this radar website useful and accurate, (http://www.pattayaweather.net/Rain-Radar.html) especially when I plan to head out and want to check if there's a big storm coming.

Edited by randomuserx

• 4 weeks later...

In august/september it was always to hot and to rainy. Even when the tempetarure is sometimes higher in march/april, it feels very hot in september. Also thr second problem is, offseason, most stunners aren t back.

If possible, you should visit 1 month later