IGNORED

Immigrant Non O visa

Billyboy294

A friend is going to Bangkok to get a Immigrant Non 'O' visa prior to applying for an Extension of Stay ( Retirement Visa). What form is needed. I believe the cost is 2000 baht. He already has over 800,000 baht in the bank for  1 year.

And do you have to phone and make an appointment or do you just queue

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Why go to Bangkok? He can do that here in Pattaya.

22 minutes ago, Kahoy said:

He’s probably hoping it will be quicker as in this thread:

it took a BM 7 visits to Jomtien to do it.

Hope he has all his paperwork in order though or he’ll be spending a lot of time in taxis! 

@Billyboy294 He needs form TM87. He better have copies of things like lease agreement, house book, landlord work permit etc etc.

He knows it won’t be done on the spot and he’ll need more than one visit doesn’t he?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 hours ago, Kahoy said:

I understood that Jomtien no longer issued a Immigrant Non 'O' visa and that you now had to get it from Bangkok. Several months ago i asked at Jomtien and they said had to go to Bangkok, Perhaps they can again. Can anyone confirm.

I had heard that Jomtien Immigration can get it for you from Bangkok but 'fees' of 20,000 bht were mentioned.

He was hoping to do it in one visit and get the RV at Jomtien. He owns a 130 sq,m. condo apartment.

2 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

I understood that Jomtien no longer issued a Immigrant Non 'O' visa and that you now had to get it from Bangkok. Perhaps they can again. Can anyone confirm.

He was hoping to do it in one visit.

You can submit the paperwork there but they send it to Bangkok to be processed. If you read the thread I linked (you posted in it!) the BM explains everything he had to do.

See my edited post about 'Fees".

Thanks for Link.

From what I understand it usually takes 15 days so definitely not possible in one visit. At best, if he has all correct paperwork, it’s one visit to submit then a second visit to collect.

The BM in the other thread managed it in Jomtien (no extra fees) but was very patient and it took 7 visits.  

Is it worth the hassle and costs? Maybe a visa agent would be cost neutral in the end.

Archived