IGNORED

Is the location of March hotel really that bad ?

tobeornottobe

This hotel looks fantastic and I can get it for 7 nights for 230 which seems a bargain . Is the location really that bad . It seems really close to it's sister hotel August Suites which isn't too bad . I don't think if mind the walk during the day and I don't stay out that late.  How would one get back from Walking Street at night . Guessing baht bus up second rd and get off at turn off to August suites 

• Ru4Real changed the title to Is the location of March hotel really that bad ?

There is no easy answer to your question....’it depends’. Let’s suppose you are a dude who likes to travel around town - one night Walking St, the next Drinking St at the other end of town, maybe next night LK, and the next again Soi 6. In that case, you might think the location is pretty good, as you might argue that March hotel is right in the middle and just off the 2nd rd B.B. route.

However, if you are a guy who spends pretty much every night at (say) LK, then you are better finding a hotel in that area. The first thing about finding a hotel with a ‘good’ location, is knowing where you are likely to spend most nights. 

Personally I like LK and to get there from the March, you turn left out the front door and walk along a Little India type soi, turn left on to Pattaya Klang and cross over. On your right after 50 yards is soi Buhakow where you get the bus. A quick pace walk gets you there in 7-8 minutes. It’s doable, but can be a little wearing...if it’s raining then it’s not so good.

Here is a review I posted previously.

Stayed there last year. Beach road 10 minutes walking distance, Soi 6 is about 15 minutes. It's 5 minutes walking to 2nd road to get the baht bus. Lots of massage and laundry shops and even a food court nearby.

I thought the hotel was very nice for that price range and I'll stay there again for a few days this year's trip.

It is a bit of a walk to klang, and the soi is smelly. But it is not far to 2nd road and Soi 6. You can also cross the vacant plot behind and get to soi 12 which is a much nicer area. You will find the closest 7-11 there, and the restaurant opposite of KTK is decent.

I had a room facing the open area between the March and the May building. It made the room dark and you see right into the rooms in the other building. I would not stay there again unless I knew I would get a room facing outward.

2 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

How would one get back from Walking Street at night .

You can get the baht bus down 2nd Road beyond Pattaya Klang (the August Suites turn off) and get off two sois further down and The March hotel is right at the top of that soi, only a couple of minutes walk.

Stayed here a couple of times in 2015/2016, excellent hotel with great facilities etc etc, location's great for Soi 6 and less than a ten minute walk up to Pattaya Klang, I think the area the hotel is in is a little bit shabby though

11 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

This hotel looks fantastic and I can get it for 7 nights for 230 which seems a bargain . Is the location really that bad . It seems really close to it's sister hotel August Suites which isn't too bad . I don't think if mind the walk during the day and I don't stay out that late.  How would one get back from Walking Street at night . Guessing baht bus up second rd and get off at turn off to August Suites 

It's easy to get back from Walking Street get your baht bus from there along 2nd road to Pattaya klang  junction go about another 100 yards get off cross over walk up Soi 5 to Seasons hotel turn left pass the PKL Apartments and March hotel is next store Soi 16. Easy 

I love March hotel. I've gone 2 for 2 so far with the hotel for both my trips. I will probably end up staying a 3rd time in April. 

I did tons of research before my first trip and afterwards when i was more familiar with the city i decided to stay again because for the price, and quality, it can't be beat in my opinion. 

If you are at all familiar with pattaya, nothing is that far away, a 5 or 10 minute walk will get you most places or at the very least to a baht bus or mototaxi spot. 

160-180b to get back from WS with a girl on a mototaxi ain't bad either. 

15 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

This hotel looks fantastic and I can get it for 7 nights for 230 which seems a bargain . Is the location really that bad . It seems really close to it's sister hotel August Suites which isn't too bad . I don't think if mind the walk during the day and I don't stay out that late.  How would one get back from Walking Street at night . Guessing baht bus up second rd and get off at turn off to August Suites 

I think there’s hotels in better locations, right on beach road, very close to 2nd Rd, etc etc. it all comes down to how far a walk you’re prepared to do to get to a Baht bus or a certain location.

I really liked the big Suites at Amari on Soi AR but ended up not returning a third time because I valued having a Baht bus right at my door. 

Try it once and see, and when you’re in town check out a few others you might have stayed at, for possible future trips. 

This hotel looks fantastic and I can get it for 7 nights for 230 which seems a bargain . Is the location really that bad . It seems really close to it's sister hotel August suites which isn't too bad . I don't think if mind the walk during the day and I don't stay out that late.  How would one get back from walking street at night . Guessing baht bus up second rd and get off at turn off to August suites 
My go to hotel(in here as i type),for the money it is absolutely brilliant,yes it's a little bit inconvenient being up a side soi but it's fine for me

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's not bad at all. Easy walk to Soi 6 (or 7 for that matter) and even closer to Central Road. Short walk off the bus on 2nd Road. Stayed in the May Wing in December.  Nice room for under $50AUD. 

Lottellee is the hotel guru here, like he says, if you are going to be spending nearly all of your time in LK Metro and Walking St then its in a bad location, but if you throw in Soi 7, Beach Rd and Soi 6 then it's a great location providing you have a good sense of direction.Mine is horrendous.It took me 2 days to realise I was in The May and not the March.I stayed over New Years, there can't be many ex guests of this hotel who would disagree that it is great value for money.

• 7 months later...

I stayed here for a few nights on my last trip. I really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was always friendly, and the place was kept super clean. Extra towels from the maid - no problem. Very comfortable and good size bed & linen. I also liked the fast WiFi, especially that you don’t need to log in every time you use your device.
The location was fine as I don’t mind a little walking. If I was heading to the higher sois on beach rd or Walking Street, I hopped on a motortaxi to Mike’s in no time, then it’s an easy stroll from there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/01/2019 at 12:42, PR1977 said:

You can get the baht bus down 2nd Road beyond Pattaya Klang (the August Suites turn off) and get off two sois further down and The March hotel is right at the top of that soi, only a couple of minutes walk.

Stayed here a couple of times in 2015/2016, excellent hotel with great facilities etc etc, location's great for Soi 6 and less than a ten minute walk up to Pattaya Klang, I think the area the hotel is in is a little bit shabby though

you have to cross second road

Archived