IGNORED

Sawasdee, Sutus, Opey De Place, Which one

yobbo

2 minutes ago, wildhorse said:

Advance book there for only your first few nights. Cheaper to book at hotel is what I was told by staff when I last stayed there.

Oh thanks for that. So only book for a few nights. Then see if you can extend your stay for cheaper?

We are going during the quiet season.

DATY champion of Pattaya,

Just now, yobbo said:

Oh thanks for that. So only book for a few nights. Then see if you can extend your stay for cheaper?

We are going during the quiet season.

Yes, the lady at the desk told me cheaper if I booked at hotel. I stayed 3 or 4 nights at beginning of November, I think my room was less than 1000/night. I had a room overlooking the pool, one of the more expensive ones. Rooms are so-so. Nothing special,that’s for sure. Good location though. 

2 minutes ago, wildhorse said:

Yes, the lady at the desk told me cheaper if I booked at hotel. I stayed 3 or 4 nights at beginning of November, I think my room was less than 1000/night. I had a room overlooking the pool, one of the more expensive ones. Rooms are so-so. Nothing special,that’s for sure. Good location though. 

Yeah around that price point, I'm not expecting excellent rooms. I want to stay in that area for the location.

That is exactly the room I'm looking at, pool view with a balcony.

If you both are guys and budget is around 1200, if u can compromise on pool and bf , then u can look for katesire house it's on soi buokow its around 500bht a night and can have separate rooms for privacy and a decent one, only thing is u get too see lot of senior citizen drink while entering the hotel , other wise room quality and service is very nice... room is around 30qmtr check Agoda , I stayed their last 3 trips....

Cheers

MM

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If you both are guys and budget is around 1200, if u can compromise on pool and bf , then u can look for katesire house it's on soi buokow its around 500bht a night and can have separate rooms for privacy and a decent one, only thing is u get too see lot of senior citizen drink while entering the hotel , other wise room quality and service is very nice... room is around 30qmtr check agoda , I stayed their last 3 trips....
Cheers
MM

OP wants to do the opposite. He is trying to do something nicer than his usual guesthouse because he has a friend going along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Opey de Place is fine although I tend to book a really nice guesthouse for my long stays in central, like The Haven on soi lengkee or metro apartments as they have everything I want except a pool. However, I then pay additional 80 baht a day for daily use of the nice pool at Sutus court or 100 baht at LK metropole on soi Diana for daily use of their pool and gym/sauna (when working) which are all nearby. 

On 03/02/2019 at 18:24, Mong Mogwli said:

If you both are guys and budget is around 1200, if u can compromise on pool and bf , then u can look for katesire house it's on soi buokow its around 500bht a night and can have separate rooms for privacy and a decent one, only thing is u get too see lot of senior citizen drink while entering the hotel , other wise room quality and service is very nice... room is around 30qmtr check Agoda , I stayed their last 3 trips....

Cheers

MM

Oh wow. Thank you for that. I have already booked the first 4 nights at Opey de Place. But nothing further for me yet. Katesire house actually looks pretty good. The noise from the street isn't too bad there?

Stayed in all the mentioned hotels would not stay in any of them again for different reasons.
Nature View close to Sutus would be my choice much nicer rooms and not a lot more Baht

Have they got safe boxes in the room yet?

On 12/05/2019 at 21:00, Ziplee said:

Not Sutus Court 1.   It may be Sutus Court 2.

6 hours ago, sherma said:

Have they got safe boxes in the room yet?

Don’t know as I have not stayed there for a good few years.

• 1 month later...
On 29/01/2019 at 00:00, equanimous said:

agree with most of the comments.....

stayed in all those places and wouldn't bother again...

no better than most guest houses ... and more expensive...

find a nice guesthouse and hold his hand..????

stayed at Viking hotel... some of the most comfortable beds in pattaya.... up near pattaya south rd

also corner lodge... bit of a walk... awesome management. beds a bit hard... both places have pools..

just some more options..

But tell me guesthouse with a nice pool..... seems the big draw with Nature View is the Pool area.... biggest negative is popularity! Viking and corner too far for me

P Plus hotel currently 966 baht/night on Agoda, less than 100 more than Opey. Only 2 years old, pool just as big if not bigger, only 3 minute walk to LK Metro.

On 21/06/2019 at 19:51, spacemonkey said:

P Plus Hotel currently 966 baht/night on Agoda, less than 100 more than Opey. Only 2 years old, pool just as big if not bigger, only 3 minute walk to LK Metro.

This place is a circus full of Yowbai tourists fighting over the buffet each morning and spitting on the floor..... AVOID! Also the pool is in the car-park and... well yeah NAH

Archived