IGNORED

Jetts fitness coming to Royal Garden Plaza

vivid2

Guess they expect that the fat guys who sit around in bars all day want to lose a bit of weight.  They obviously miscalculated. 

12 hours ago, joeaf said:

3 new gyms in 3 malls in the same approximate area.  One failed gym (California WOW) could not survive in the area, now 3 new gyms replace 1 failed gym.  Many new condos opening in the area, but most new condos include planned gyms. Pattaya fitness business must be booming to justify these gyms or the gym shake out is coming.

•  

California WOW closed in 2012 in The Avenue Shopping Mall.
  • No gyms in the area for approx. 4 yrs (2012-2016).

• Fitness 7 opened in 2016 in The Avenue Shopping Mall.

• Coco Fitness opened in 2017 in Mike Shopping Mall.

• Jetts Fitness now opening in 2019 in Royal Garden Plaza.

California wow was a good  gym, good equipment, fully air conditioned, unlike the sauna that fitness 7 is. But badly managed. Where did they think they were going to get there revenue once they signed up everyone on life time membership.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know when it will be opening?

Ironically about this in RG is that the Marriott (connected RG) HAS a gym. Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly memberships.

And is fairly popular with expats as membership includes a 'lounge, snack bar' area with free refreshments.

Needless to say, the location seems VERY poor.

• 1 month later...

so to get a monthly pass, you will have to pay 4,500 baht if you have never been there before (1,500 baht joining fee + 1,500 baht key card + 1,500 month fee)

insane price

1 hour ago, rainman333 said:

so to get a monthly pass, you will have to pay 4,500 baht if you have never been there before (1,500 baht joining fee + 1,500 baht key card + 1,500 month fee). insane price

Looks like it's the way many western Gyms work, and in fact nearly nobody pays the full price as they always have some kind of promotion.

As said above, for the opening period (how long?) it will be 1'500 + 0 + 0 = 1'500 "only", not 4'500.

On 13/02/2019 at 22:40, nzwolfgang said:

Guess they expect that the fat guys who sit around in bars all day want to lose a bit of weight.  They obviously miscalculated. 

Maybe they're hoping the fat guys will want to use one of these.  Jets are advertising for a "Hypoxi coach" on their Facebook page.  BTW, it seems Jetts have 2 Gyms in Pattaya - Royal Garden Plaza and Little Walk.

• 2 months later...

Anyone on the ground have any recent info on Jetts Fitness at RGP?? I'll be in Patts for the month of August. I've been going to Fitness 7 a couple of months each year since they opened, but the heat and humidity in that back room in August is just brutal. it just saps all of my energy and most of my motivation.

So I’ll try Jett’s or Coco since they’re both air conditioned. Anyone have any thoughts on which gym they prefer??

• 1 month later...

Still full price 4500 just to get started or 500 for the day.

place won’t be lasting long at those prices oh and the day pass isn’t 24hr, only 8am to 10pm.

i just walked off to coco instead.

going to check out muscle factory

The Muscle Factory is very nice - but expensive.  No Air Con at MF.  Good little restaurant.  I live two streets over from it.  Clean, well run - excellent equipment.  I took a tour just before it opened.

963591089_May23MuscleFactoryliftingarea.thumb.jpg.ff08a0c59a3b1ec70c0fcc4210ac0bc9.jpg1797311560_May23MuscleFactoryoverheadfans.jpg.8abf4e361d937b20bc930e8225b02e66.jpg592260218_May23MuscleFactoryupperlevelcardio.thumb.jpg.fd17e871751d7c4d0f5feb4036695313.jpg1418871839_May23MuscleFactoryweightroom.thumb.jpg.663a9a4a53387320a3cf9f3039bae8ef.jpg

BTW: There is another Jetts Fitness on Sukhumvit Road at the 'Little Walk' outdoor mall.  It is located near the back of the development.  It is a bit hidden because the tunnels on Sukhumvit pass by it and it cannot be seen from inside the tunnels at Pattaya Klang.  There is a ground level entrance on the East side of Sukhumvit Road (Just about opposite Pattaya Klang.) but you must be Southbound on Sukhumvit Road in order to enter the 'Little Walk'.  There are other restaurants and shops such as KFC, Starbucks and a newer Villa Market at the very back of the parking area at 'Little Walk'.  Every time I have been by that particular Jetts - it has been busy (Two floors-with aerobic exercise classes upstairs.) on my way to shop at Villa Market, which is several times a week - Jetts has had a lot of members using their facility.

1389603389_July10Jetts24hourfitness.thumb.jpg.af5abab48cdfd690a4416fb13f142552.jpg

Don’t mind paying a little more for mf as they have all the equipment used expect from a top end gym

wasnt really that impressed with jetts plenty of plates but not very big and there was a few in at 11 this morning 

10 hours ago, ant said:

Still full price 4500 just to get started or 500 for the day.  place won’t be lasting long at those prices oh and the day pass isn’t 24hr, only 8am to 10pm.

i just walked off to coco instead.

I did exactly the same thing last month.  The doors are locked at Jett's, and you need a member card to open the door.  Well I’m not a member, so I don’t have a card.  So I stood at the glass door for about 10 minutes trying to get the attention of the fellow at the desk to let me in.  He finally got off his phone long enough to press a button to let me in.  And then he quoted me 4500 for the month. 

So I went over to Coco at Mike's.  The club is clean; the equipment was very nice and well maintained; the view out of the windows is really beautiful; it's air conditioned; and it was 1800 THB for the month.  I joined and went 13 times in my 27 day stay, and I really enjoyed it.  Oh.....did I mention that they have an arrangement with Hooter's that gets the Hooter's girls to work out every day?

Win-win for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 18/03/2019 at 10:52, galt67 said:

Ironically about this in RG is that the Marriott (connected RG) HAS a gym. Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly memberships.

And is fairly popular with expats as membership includes a 'lounge, snack bar' area with free refreshments.

Needless to say, the location seems VERY poor.

Not in Pattaya OR looking for a gym, but I'm curious as to what Avani charges for their memberships 

Not in Pattaya OR looking for a gym, but I'm curious as to what Avani charges for their memberships 

I'm pretty sure that I remember reading somewhere that the Avani was closing it’s gym, and it would provide passes to Jetts for its guests. It would seem to make perfect sense.

Their website no longer shows the gym, and it says they have remodeled their spa. So I think they used the old gym space to expand the spa.

Anyone else know about this?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vivid2 said:

I'm pretty sure that I remember reading somewhere that the Avani was closing it’s gym, and it would provide passes to Jetts for its guests. It would seem to make perfect sense.

Their website no longer shows the gym, and it says they have remodeled their spa. So I think they used the old gym space to expand the spa.

Not quite. Yes to them utilizing Jett’s. The old gym will be a training centre for the hospitality industry or them. Something like this. The spa goes elsewhere in the hotel. Should be complete by now. I was there 4 weeks ago.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vivid2 said:

correct. the gym that was part of marriott then avani has closed for good. my mate had a yearly membership but it's no more.

think it closed it's doors around the end of july and money was refunded for any unused months remaining

• Like 2

From what I understand - if you are a member at a Jetts Gym - you can go into any Jetts Gym location and workout.

As I mentioned above in this thread - there is another Jetts Gym in Pattaya.  It is located just off of Sukhumvit Road - in the 'Little Walk' shopping area.  I stopped by last night and took a few snappies to show the 'Little Walk' sign on Sukhumvit Road (Opposite Pattaya Klang.).  I spoke with a member (He is a body builder from Sweden, he told me about being able to use any Jetts Gym if you are a member at one.) and he likes using Jetts.  I have a few more photos below to show that the Jetts Gym at 'Little Walk' is a 'free standing', two story tall building with plenty of parking around it.  The Villa Market is very close to Jetts Gym at the rear of the parking area. 

I apologize for the low quality of my photos.

September 4 Little Walk.jpg

September 4 Jetts building as seen from entrance off Sukhumvit Road.jpg

September 4 Jetts building.jpg

September 4 Villa Market entrance.jpg

• Like 2

On 02/09/2019 at 23:18, vivid2 said:

I did exactly the same thing last month.  The doors are locked at Jett's, and you need a member card to open the door.  Well I’m not a member, so I don’t have a card.  So I stood at the glass door for about 10 minutes trying to get the attention of the fellow at the desk to let me in.  He finally got off his phone long enough to press a button to let me in.  And then he quoted me 4500 for the month. 

So I went over to Coco at Mike's.  The club is clean; the equipment was very nice and well maintained; the view out of the windows is really beautiful; it's air conditioned; and it was 1800 THB for the month.  I joined and went 13 times in my 27 day stay, and I really enjoyed it.  Oh.....did I mention that they have an arrangement with Hooter's that gets the Hooter's girls to work out every day?

Win-win for me.

Coco is nice just a shame about the fake hammer strength gear they have in there. Some is so bad it’s unusable 

Coco is nice just a shame about the fake hammer strength gear they have in there. Some is so bad it’s unusable 

The same is true at Fitness 7. All of the equipment is from an unknown manufacturer, and the machines just don’t seem to fit well. I just can’t find comfortable positions for my body. I believe that the machines are Chinese knockoffs.

I was a member at the old Avani/Marriott gym and since they closed I've been going to Jetts in the Royal Garden. They have a good selection of free weights and machines and they are open 24/7 and it is air conditioned. I like the Royal Garden location and gym members get free parking daily. 

When Avani closed several of us long time members were skeptical about getting our money back since it was a Thai company but the last week they had envelopes full of cash for the unused portion of our membership :).

Now Jetts has a special, for one month they only charge the one month plus the joining fee, 3,000 baht. 

Edited by Lucky

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If I am a member of jets here in Australia ,can I go to one in Pattaya free

Tigers 2017 premiers 

I was offered a three month membership for 4800 total... one time fee, 90 day access, to any Jetts gym in Thailand.

Edited by The Sculptor

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

• 2 months later...