IGNORED

Jetts fitness coming to Royal Garden Plaza

vivid2

There’s a brand new gym under construction at the Royal Garden Plaza. It's on the 2nd floor...called Jetts.

It's apparently pretty well established, but I’ve never heard of it before. Open 24 hours. I'm anxious to see it when it opens. Anyone have any more info?

http://www.jetts.co.th/en/

• Like 2

Jetts is in australia. Similar to many other 24 hr Gyms like Anytime Fitness, Snap fitness etc. Basically you get an electronic entry card and can go whenever you like.

If you are Jetts member you can use their gyms anywhere for free. I wonder if this one in pattaya will be the same

12 Pints in Know it all

No imfo but I like to stay hotel right across from Royal Garden and will be sure to check it out in spring time.

Not sure how it will be 24 hrs when the Mall is open 11-11?

Is it in the old Swensen’s location? That the only upstairs I can think of in Royal with an external entrance. (I’m assuming when the OP said second floor he meant first floor :GoldenSmile1:)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Not sure how it will be 24 hrs when the Mall is open 11-11?
Is it in the old Swensen’s location? That the only upstairs I can think of in Royal with an external entrance.

Nope...it’s on the 2nd road side just east of the escalators. I'll take a picture next time I get over to the mall in the next day or two. It's all boarded up and painted red. IIRC that floor is called floor 1 because the first floor is called “G”. And the mall is actually open beyond those hours...the stores themselves have their rolling gates down. Pretty sure they have security 24/7. I've walked into the mall from Burger King to use the bathrooms both before and after the 11 to 11 hours.

It's crazy that every mall seems to have a different scheme for naming floors. At the new Terminal 21 the bottom floor is G, and the next one is M, and then 1, 2, and 3. It would be so much easier if everyone would use the same system; but the world can’t seem to agree on anything. The metric system vs. SAE, date formats, time formats, and floor numbers are just a few examples. YIKES.

2 minutes ago, vivid2 said:

Nope...it’s on the 2nd road side just east of the escalators. I'll take a picture next time I get over to the mall in the next day or two. It's all boarded up and painted red. IIRC that floor is called floor 1 because the first floor is called “G”. And the mall is actually open beyond those hours...the stores themselves have their rolling gates down. Pretty sure they have security 24/7. I've walked into the mall from burger King to use the bathrooms both before and after the 11 to 11 hours.

It's crazy that every mall seems to have a different scheme for naming floors. At the new Terminal 21 the bottom floor is G, and the next one is M, and then 1, 2, and 3. It would be so much easier if everyone would use the same system; but the world can’t seem to agree on anything. The metric system vs. SAE, date formats, time formats, and floor numbers are just a few examples. YIKES.

I know Royal itself calls them G/1/2 etc. I was just joking.

I’ve actually found Royal pretty strict in opening. Queues outside as they won’t unlock until the dot of 11am. Guess they’ll come up with a system for the gym. The old cinema used to be open after 11 and they’d guide people out a certain way so they weren’t all over the mall.

There’ll certainly be security there 24/7 but this will give them more work to do.

There's going to be access from the ground floor via a side doorway. Used to be the Wine Village (?) restaurant entrance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

Ah, ok. That’s the very narrow unit on the lhs as you walk towards the entrance. It was still open when I was there last July but never saw any customers.

There's going to be access from the ground floor via a side doorway. Used to be the Wine Village (?) restaurant entrance.

The Wine Village (?) moved to the beach road side. I think it took over the Hawker Chan space or the old Korean BBQ spot.

The tenants sure do move around a lot. Sizzler used to be on the G floor on the 2nd road side, then it moved to the 3rd floor opposite the Food Wave, then back down to the G floor on the beach road side. You would think the costs involved would be prohibitive, but labor here is so cheap that I guess it pays off.

The site currently and the brochure they have downstairs.
1494e80de42663758fa5145d29980cf0.jpg6e9cbed11d048eb267379dce393c728e.jpg

• Like 3

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

Ah, ok. That’s the very narrow unit on the lhs as you walk towards the entrance. It was still open when I was there last July but never saw any customers.

I've also walked past it many times, and rarely saw a customer. But they're on the beach road side now, and there wasn’t a single customer inside tonight at dinner time, but there were a few people outside having a glass of wine and enjoying the diesel fumes from all of the tour buses idling on beach road.

The gym looks like it will have a whole glass wall with a great view of the seedy massage shops across 2nd road.

ed5707d91105a33008081a21768374b5.jpg

2537277d21f3f7b5751da23ffa9473c0.jpg

b24f10eab604a5d79d5171910b173ef8.jpge9a3e23d724d09a5410097e143ed56e4.jpg

• Like 2

The Wine Connection moved to the beach road side. I think it took over the Hawker Chan space or the old Korean BBQ spot.

I realized today that the little wine shop at the Avenue, just across from Fitness 7 is also named Wine Connection. I've walked past it literally hundreds of times and never noticed the name. And I've never seen a customer in there, either. Amazing that these places are able to stay in business.

My gym in Oz. Excellent Gyms with a wide range of machines and weights and showers.

• Like 1

It's about time someone opens  a decent gym in pattaya. They all charge western prices for third world equipment.

On 24/01/2019 at 17:31, Mr Wombat said:

Jetts is in australia. Similar to many other 24 hr gyms like Anytime Fitness, Snap fitness etc. Basically you get an electronic entry card and can go whenever you like.

If you are Jetts member you can use their gyms anywhere for free. I wonder if this one in pattaya will be the same

How much to they charge?

23 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

How much to they charge?

Someone took a photo of their brochure earlier in this thread.

12 Pints in Know it all

3000 baht for a key card!
(my gym uses a thumb print scanner [emoji4])

I think that they show very high prices in the brochure so that they can waive the fees as a “Grand Opening” special. It's a big incentive to sign up new members. The signs on the wall show zero fees to start.53cd3375d1cd270e85ade500145d4410.jpg
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, vivid2 said:

I think that they show very high prices in the brochure so that they can waive the fees as a “Grand Opening” special. It's a big incentive to sign up new members. The signs on the wall show zero fees to start.53cd3375d1cd270e85ade500145d4410.jpg

What is the 1500 +baht for, a week or a month?

What is the 1500 +baht for, a week or a month?

It's for a month.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2019 at 22:14, vivid2 said:

It's for a month.

That's 100 baht cheaper than Fitness 7 in the Avenue Mall. 

3 new Gyms in 3 malls in the same approximate area.  One failed gym (California WOW) could not survive in the area, now 3 new Gyms replace 1 failed gym.  Many new condos opening in the area, but most new condos include planned Gyms. Pattaya fitness business must be booming to justify these Gyms or the gym shake out is coming.

• California WOW closed in 2012 in The Avenue Shopping Mall.
  • No Gyms in the area for approx. 4 yrs (2012-2016).

• Fitness 7 opened in 2016 in The Avenue Shopping Mall.

• Coco Fitness opened in 2017 in Mike Shopping Mall.

• Jetts Fitness now opening in 2019 in Royal Garden Plaza.

• Like 2