Jump to content
supergeil

Wanted - pool villa recommendations near central Pattaya

Recommended Posts

supergeil

I need a pool villa rental for the second week of March that is big enough for two male adults and whatever company they may bring, i.e. at least 2 bedrooms.

There is no fixed budget but I am thinking 5-15,000 baht/day.

Now the kicker; I want something that is walking distance to the action, i.e. not something in Jomtien or Naklua.

Any recommendations?

Normally I stay at hotels, but it would be more fun to have a pool villa, unless it means we have to take a taxi every time we want to go out…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gone-east

On the basis that most Thai girls wont walk more than 20 meters I think you have no chance. Plus, I would be very surprised if there are any 2 bed villas with a pool in the centre.

Edit: I think you will need to consider Pratumnak. You can rent a private baht buss for 200 from Walking St to take you all home.

Edited by Gone-east

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge
1 hour ago, supergeil said:

I need a pool villa rental for the second week of March that is big enough for two male adults and whatever company they may bring, i.e. at least 2 bedrooms.

There is no fixed budget but I am thinking 5-15,000 baht/day.

Now the kicker; I want something that is walking distance to the action, i.e. not something in Jomtien or Naklua.

Any recommendations?

Normally I stay at hotels, but it would be more fun to have a pool villa, unless it means we have to take a taxi every time we want to go out…

Nothing I’m aware of within easy walking distance. Some on Pratumnak and the other side (east) of Thappraya Rd from Pratumnak, but a moderate walk to the baht bus route as a minimum. For many, realistically, it would mean using taxi or mototaxis.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
supergeil
41 minutes ago, Gone-east said:

On the basis that most Thai girls wont walk more than 20 meters I think you have no chance. Plus, I would be very surprised if there are any 2 bed villas with a pool in the centre.

We are not against the idea of sometimes having to take a baht bus.

What I want to avoid is ending up in an area where whatever we want, requires walking up to the main road and flagging down a taxi. I know there are quite a lot of these areas where it’s a moo ban of vacation homes, a big hotel, or similar, and basically nothing else.

I will check out what options there are on Pratumnak Hill, as we have big plans for how to utilize a pool villa :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge

E1448F79-FFF5-4FD7-A54E-FC9E4B741F7C.jpeg

From looking for a friend last summer, I remember there being some in the areas I’ve marked. Lots more further out as well, obviously. He ended up staying in one in Jomtien but wasn’t very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T-T-T

maybe this may suit though never tried it 

http://secretspattaya.com/vip-villa/

When I have done any research for a villa, they  all seem to be in cozy beach or jomtien. nothing really I have ever found that is central or on a easy baht bus route 

Edited by T-T-T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gone-east
1 hour ago, supergeil said:

We are not against the idea of sometimes having to take a baht bus.

What I want to avoid is ending up in an area where whatever we want, requires walking up to the main road and flagging down a taxi. I know there are quite a lot of these areas where it’s a moo ban of vacation homes, a big hotel, or similar, and basically nothing else.

I will check out what options there are on Pratumnak Hill, as we have big plans for how to utilize a pool villa :)

You are never far from motorbike taxi guys wherever you stay in Pratumnak. If I was you I would start my search on airbnb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
talung66
11 hours ago, supergeil said:

I need a pool villa rental for the second week of March that is big enough for two male adults and whatever company they may bring, i.e. at least 2 bedrooms.

There is no fixed budget but I am thinking 5-15,000 baht/day.

Now the kicker; I want something that is walking distance to the action, i.e. not something in Jomtien or Naklua.

Any recommendations?

Normally I stay at hotels, but it would be more fun to have a pool villa, unless it means we have to take a taxi every time we want to go out…

Unless you really want the privacy wont a 2 bedroom condo do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ru4Real
3 minutes ago, talung66 said:

Unless you really want the privacy wont a 2 bedroom condo do.

I think the management might take offence at the pool orgies they're planning :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
supergeil

Found what looks like a great villa east of Thappraya Road in one of the two areas circled by @davidge: Three bed rooms, giant pool, and only 32,200 baht for a week.

There are still shops and restaurants in the area, and getting to downtown by foot is an option, although it may depend on how hot it will be in March, but walking in the heat is both a good way to lose weight, and pass time during the daytime :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jiz
On 23/01/2019 at 08:12, supergeil said:

Found what looks like a great villa east of Thappraya Road in one of the two areas circled by @davidge: Three bed rooms, giant pool, and only 32,200 baht for a week.

There are still shops and restaurants in the area, and getting to downtown by foot is an option, although it may depend on how hot it will be in March, but walking in the heat is both a good way to lose weight, and pass time during the daytime :)

When you arrive, collect  the phone # of the nearest motorbikes and taxies. Service door to door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jake.houston

Have you tried AirBnB?

I have rented a pool villa a couple of time, closer to Jomtien. But easy transport to Patts.

I actually rented a room in LK Empress at the same time once for a close to the action drop in spot.

F4FBCFC5-3851-4BFF-BB60-A72288CA95AF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
supergeil
6 hours ago, jiz said:

When you arrive, collect  the phone # of the nearest motorbikes and taxies. Service door to door. 

Thanks, I wonder though, how prevalent is Grab in Pattaya?

I used to collect numbers of good drivers, but these days Grab is a much easier solution (but I have yet to try it in Pattaya).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
supergeil
6 hours ago, Jake.houston said:

Have you tried AirBnB?

That’s how I found the place I ended up renting.

Mainly I was just asking about areas, as I didn’t know which areas had pool villas near downtown, and AirBnB has a lot of villas for rent, but most of them too far from the action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jake.houston
3 hours ago, supergeil said:

Thanks, I wonder though, how prevalent is Grab in Pattaya?

I used to collect numbers of good drivers, but these days Grab is a much easier solution (but I have yet to try it in Pattaya).

Grab is readily available in Patts. No issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jak patel

So where did you end up staying?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
supergeil
On 17/11/2019 at 11:06, jak patel said:

So where did you end up staying?

I think the moo baan was called Chateau Dale «something». It houses the Oasis Spa and is just next to View Taley 1.

Not too far from downtown but it did require us to have motorbikes which was a bit of a pain because of all the police checkpoints (requiring valid motorbike driver licenses, which we did not have).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usexpat46

If you want to do this again, a new place called Tops Pool Villas just opened recently behind Big C Extra so it would meets your requirement of being located in centeral Pattaya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Komando

Yes, Grab is available for front door pickup from where you are staying.  I have a number of friends from several different countries that use 'Grab' taxis while they are visiting Pattaya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garzan
2 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

If you want to do this again, a new place called Tops Pool Villas just opened recently behind Big C Extra so it would meets your requirement of being located in centeral Pattaya.

I tried to google this but was unsuccessful. Do you have a web link for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garzan
22 minutes ago, petehoax said:

https://www.agoda.com/top-pool-villa-pattaya/hotel/pattaya-th.html?cid=-187 that's the first google result for me. and it's behind big c. so i assume it's this... 

Thanks, I was being literal and looking for "Tops". :-) Also hoping to find a direct link rather than a third party booking site link but it has photos and that's the most important part. 555 Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
supergeil
23 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

If you want to do this again, a new place called Tops Pool Villas just opened recently behind Big C Extra so it would meets your requirement of being located in centeral Pattaya.

Thanks, the price seems a bit extreme though at 16-17,000 baht per day.

For just a couple thousand more per day we can get a two bedroom apartment (138 sq.m.) at The Hilton with Executive Lounge access (breakfast, afternoon snacks incl. wine a.s.o.), ocean view, etc. Missing the pool, though some of their rooms have a jacuzzi/bathtub on the balcony, don’t know if their two bedroom unit has this, but I’m seriously considering trying this for our next trip (in a few months).

For comparison, the 3 bedroom villa we rented earlier this year was 32,000 baht for a full week, but the owner did seem to indicate that they had priced it too low, so maybe not many pool villas at that price.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usexpat46
1 hour ago, supergeil said:

Thanks, the price seems a bit extreme though at 16-17,000 baht per day.

For just a couple thousand more per day we can get a two bedroom apartment (138 sq.m.) at The Hilton with Executive Lounge access (breakfast, afternoon snacks incl. wine a.s.o.), ocean view, etc. Missing the pool, though some of their rooms have a jacuzzi/bathtub on the balcony, don’t know if their two bedroom unit has this, but I’m seriously considering trying this for our next trip (in a few months).

For comparison, the 3 bedroom villa we rented earlier this year was 32,000 baht for a full week, but the owner did seem to indicate that they had priced it too low, so maybe not many pool villas at that price.

 

Regarding the price, when I stopped by the place the other day to find out if these villas were up for sale or rentals I was told they were rentals for 12 K a day so not sure what's the price.  Could be a high season quote, also if they have a high vacancy rate they may lower their price.  Also they were just finishing up a Korean restaurant so maybe their target customers are Korean tour groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.