Sign in to follow this  
supergeil

Wanted - pool villa recommendations near central Pattaya

supergeil

I need a pool villa rental for the second week of March that is big enough for two male adults and whatever company they may bring, i.e. at least 2 bedrooms.

There is no fixed budget but I am thinking 5-15,000 baht/day.

Now the kicker; I want something that is walking distance to the action, i.e. not something in Jomtien or Naklua.

Any recommendations?

Normally I stay at hotels, but it would be more fun to have a pool villa, unless it means we have to take a taxi every time we want to go out…

Gone-east

On the basis that most Thai girls wont walk more than 20 meters I think you have no chance. Plus, I would be very surprised if there are any 2 bed villas with a pool in the centre.

Edit: I think you will need to consider Pratumnak. You can rent a private baht buss for 200 from Walking St to take you all home.

Edited by Gone-east

davidge
1 hour ago, supergeil said:

I need a pool villa rental for the second week of March that is big enough for two male adults and whatever company they may bring, i.e. at least 2 bedrooms.

Now the kicker; I want something that is walking distance to the action, i.e. not something in Jomtien or Naklua.

Any recommendations?

Normally I stay at hotels, but it would be more fun to have a pool villa, unless it means we have to take a taxi every time we want to go out…

Nothing I’m aware of within easy walking distance. Some on Pratumnak and the other side (east) of Thappraya Rd from Pratumnak, but a moderate walk to the baht bus route as a minimum. For many, realistically, it would mean using taxi or mototaxis.

supergeil
41 minutes ago, Gone-east said:

On the basis that most Thai girls wont walk more than 20 meters I think you have no chance. Plus, I would be very surprised if there are any 2 bed villas with a pool in the centre.

We are not against the idea of sometimes having to take a baht bus.

What I want to avoid is ending up in an area where whatever we want, requires walking up to the main road and flagging down a taxi. I know there are quite a lot of these areas where it’s a moo ban of vacation homes, a big hotel, or similar, and basically nothing else.

I will check out what options there are on Pratumnak Hill, as we have big plans for how to utilize a pool villa :)

davidge

E1448F79-FFF5-4FD7-A54E-FC9E4B741F7C.jpeg

From looking for a friend last summer, I remember there being some in the areas I’ve marked. Lots more further out as well, obviously. He ended up staying in one in Jomtien but wasn’t very good.

T-T-T

maybe this may suit though never tried it 

http://secretspattaya.com/vip-villa/

When I have done any research for a villa, they  all seem to be in cozy beach or jomtien. nothing really I have ever found that is central or on a easy baht bus route 

Edited by T-T-T

Gone-east
1 hour ago, supergeil said:

We are not against the idea of sometimes having to take a baht bus.

What I want to avoid is ending up in an area where whatever we want, requires walking up to the main road and flagging down a taxi. I know there are quite a lot of these areas where it’s a moo ban of vacation homes, a big hotel, or similar, and basically nothing else.

I will check out what options there are on Pratumnak Hill, as we have big plans for how to utilize a pool villa :)

You are never far from motorbike taxi guys wherever you stay in Pratumnak. If I was you I would start my search on airbnb.

talung66
11 hours ago, supergeil said:

Any recommendations?

Unless you really want the privacy wont a 2 bedroom condo do.

Ru4Real
3 minutes ago, talung66 said:

Unless you really want the privacy wont a 2 bedroom condo do.

I think the management might take offence at the pool orgies they're planning :D

supergeil

Found what looks like a great villa east of Thappraya Road in one of the two areas circled by @davidge: Three bed rooms, giant pool, and only 32,200 baht for a week.

There are still shops and restaurants in the area, and getting to downtown by foot is an option, although it may depend on how hot it will be in March, but walking in the heat is both a good way to lose weight, and pass time during the daytime :)

jiz
On 23/01/2019 at 08:12, supergeil said:

Found what looks like a great villa east of Thappraya Road in one of the two areas circled by @davidge: Three bed rooms, giant pool, and only 32,200 baht for a week.

There are still shops and restaurants in the area, and getting to downtown by foot is an option, although it may depend on how hot it will be in March, but walking in the heat is both a good way to lose weight, and pass time during the daytime :)

When you arrive, collect  the phone # of the nearest motorbikes and taxies. Service door to door. 

Jake.houston

Have you tried AirBnB?

I have rented a pool villa a couple of time, closer to Jomtien. But easy transport to Patts.

I actually rented a room in LK Empress at the same time once for a close to the action drop in spot.

F4FBCFC5-3851-4BFF-BB60-A72288CA95AF.jpeg

supergeil
6 hours ago, jiz said:

When you arrive, collect  the phone # of the nearest motorbikes and taxies. Service door to door. 

Thanks, I wonder though, how prevalent is Grab in Pattaya?

I used to collect numbers of good drivers, but these days Grab is a much easier solution (but I have yet to try it in Pattaya).

supergeil
6 hours ago, Jake.houston said:

Have you tried AirBnB?

That’s how I found the place I ended up renting.

Mainly I was just asking about areas, as I didn’t know which areas had pool villas near downtown, and AirBnB has a lot of villas for rent, but most of them too far from the action.

Jake.houston
3 hours ago, supergeil said:

Thanks, I wonder though, how prevalent is Grab in Pattaya?

I used to collect numbers of good drivers, but these days Grab is a much easier solution (but I have yet to try it in Pattaya).

Grab is readily available in Patts. No issue.