wild bill hickup

red handed swampy baggage thief

fforest

Yea.....

regyai

So they sit around and await them departing the country

So this whole TM30 debacle with all its fanfare bugle blowing bullshit about security and locating the dreaded foreigner

is just that

bullshit

ludwighigh

So this guy would pick up an extra bag whenever he arrived at BKK?

Seems easy to do, but a really low percentage chance of actually getting something valuable.  In most cases you would get clothes that didn't fit you and that may or may not be clean.

Glad to see the police addressing the problem and catching these folks.

hatguy

They deserve whatever punishment they get. "I'm a (insert nationality" does not give you any sort of alibi. 

fforest

To loose your whole bag is the pits.....Then you have to spend a nice chunk of your vacation replacing things...

Joethescot

So I always have the fear of my golf clubs going missing or stolen when travelling to Thailand. However a guy I know who works at Edinburgh airport told me not to worry about golf clubs for this simple reason he said...

”Joe when we are going through security to leave work or moving around airport to lockers, if I have a bag of golf clubs on my shoulder chances are someone’s gonna say something right? Your golf clubs are safe unless they actually miss a flight”.

He added it’s the small things like a phone,laptop,iPad,cash and similar things the thieving airport works are after and people must be mad not to have them as carry on.

I want to add my pals a stand up guy and was just giving his insight. Says it agency works who are the ones who normally get caught. 

Tarpon
15 minutes ago, fforest said:

To loose your whole bag is the pits.....Then you have to spend a nice chunk of your vacation replacing things...

Especially if you're a big guy arriving a country full of small people. 

Explorer8939
1 hour ago, regyai said:

So they sit around and await them departing the country

So this whole TM30 debacle with all its fanfare bugle blowing bullshit about security and locating the dreaded foreigner

is just that

bullshit

The police could track their movements via hotel TM-30 reports.

Taa_Saparot
41 minutes ago, Joethescot said:

So I always have the fear of my golf clubs going missing or stolen when travelling to Thailand. However a guy I know who works at Edinburgh airport told me not to worry about golf clubs for this simple reason he said...

”Joe when we are going through security to leave work or moving around airport to lockers, if I have a bag of golf clubs on my shoulder chances are someone’s gonna say something right? Your golf clubs are safe unless they actually miss a flight”.

He added it’s the small things like a phone,laptop,iPad,cash and similar things the thieving airport works are after and people must be mad not to have them as carry on.

I want to add my pals a stand up guy and was just giving his insight. Says it agency works who are the ones who normally get caught. 

But this thread is not about Airport Workers thieving

Gaztop08
58 minutes ago, fforest said:

F9F1A84A-B00E-41D5-809D-4DA4248E7C1B.jpeg

regyai
28 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

The police could track their movements via hotel TM-30 reports.

My point exactly

So instead of recovering £25K of stolen items (allegedly) through the expediency of the TM30 nonsense which is purportedly its purpose

Waiting for the thieves to depart the country was deemed more expeditious

electoff
25 minutes ago, regyai said:

My point exactly

So instead of recovering £25K of stolen items (allegedly) through the expediency of the TM30 nonsense which is purportedly its purpose

Waiting for the thieves to depart the country was deemed more expeditious

Maybe they were more photogenic when the thieves were departing.  Have to get the photo right. 

neilri2001

I've had a woman try and steal my suitcase from the luggage carousel in Riga and a guy try to steal my loaded wallet and wristwatch passing through security  in Beijing. In both cases the local security staff did nothing. Passing through Heathrow last month i was asked to take off my wristwatch and put it through the scanner. I declined telling the officer that i have previously had people try to steal it. I said that i was happy to take it off and pass it to him as long as it didn't leave my sight and he accepted this.

regyai
8 minutes ago, neilri2001 said:

I've had a woman try and steal my suitcase from the luggage carousel in Riga and a guy try to steal my loaded wallet and wristwatch passing through security  in Beijing. In both cases the local security staff did nothing. Passing through Heathrow last month i was asked to take off my wristwatch and put it through the scanner. I declined telling the officer that i have previously had people try to steal it. I said that i was happy to take it off and pass it to him as long as it didn't leave my sight and he accepted this.

They do get pissy when you do that with cash 

and count it giving it to them and counting it back off them

;)

vimto66
2 hours ago, neilri2001 said:

Wouldnt it be easier to put your stuff like wallets and watches in your hand luggage before it goes through the scanner, thats if you have hand luggage of course, thats what i do!

LeoTex
7 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Wouldnt it be easier to put your stuff like wallets and watches in your hand luggage before it goes through the scanner, thats if you have hand luggage of course, thats what i do!

That's what I do, especially my 'smart watch.

I put everything inside my carry on and don't leave it to chance going through the scanner in a bowl.

LeoTex

vimto66

Thieving filth, well done the authorities, i really do hope prison beckons, i can imagine how i`d feel if my luggage was stolen.

Explorer8939

This is the reason I always fly with crappy looking suitcases.

birddogger

Suspect this is not their first rodeo. Note that the luggage carousel has stopped and the red bag is the last one not collected. No one else is standing near the location where they grab the bag. It's at the end nearest the exit.