wild bill hickup

red handed swampy baggage thief

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Glad the barsteward has been caught. I try and get to the carousel as quickly as I can, and stand right next to where the bags emerge. The chances of getting your bag nicked are slim, the chances of somebody picking up the wrong bag are higher.

sadisfied

He said: ''I will look for ordinary suitcases that don't look too expensive so that officers will not suspect my behaviour.''

But got caught stealing a Rimowa case. That'll teach him to change his MO

nekkid

I've wondered about using an RFID tracker on luggage or some other device I can link to my phone.

Has anyone tried them?

(Though I was thinking about when using the train in the UK and leaving a case on the baggage rack at the entrance to the carriage rather than airport worries.)

vimto66

Wonder what punishment he`ll get, thieves like this might not be violent but they make people lives a misery, hope he gets sent down.

wild bill hickup
12 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Wonder what punishment he`ll get, thieves like this might not be violent but they make people lives a misery, hope he gets sent down.

He cant be the only one, me thinks its been a plague of events for decades so they finally need a success report.

Kandinski

Is 4 THB to the £ all you guys get these days? "containing goods worth more than 100,000 THB (£25,000) "

Wolf Cat

When I fly, any and all valuable get put in my carry on or stay in my pockets. If my checked baggage gets lost or stolen, it's easy to replace.  Even the lowly paid baggage handlers can open any suitcase in a mater or seconds, pilfer what they want and reseal the case.. .

wild bill hickup
15 minutes ago, Wolf Cat said:

When I fly, any and all valuable get put in my carry on or stay in my pockets. If my checked baggage gets lost or stolen, it's easy to replace.  Even the lowly paid baggage handlers can open any suitcase in a mater or seconds, pilfer what they want and reseal the case.. .

I often wonder why guys come here with ANY thing valuable.

dean2926

Hard to understand why anyone would trust valuable items to a suitcase whilst travelling on a plane.

Let's face it, baggage handlers around the world have a well deserved poor reputation and it's publicised enough so that everyone should know the risks by now.

Even so, it's good to see at least one thieving bastard caught.

farcanal

Brave man.... It would only take one bloke who's had a shit flight, in a shitty mood to then have some wanker try to take his luggage.

There would be blood on the street.

How the fuck has he got away with it for so long?

everard

another place where there have been thefts is in airports in England where you put your carry on luggage to be scanned,you're seperarted and item's get stolen from the tray while the 'security'staff sit there scratching theirselves

Kegger
10 hours ago, everard said:

another place where there have been thefts is in airports in England where you put your carry on luggage to be scanned,you're seperarted and item's get stolen from the tray while the 'security'staff sit there scratching theirselves

Happens here on the Metro. Guy tags onto affluent looking woman, she puts her handbag on the conveyor and moves on to get body scanned, he removes bag before it goes through the curtain and he's off. Four exits in every station. It's called security if I remember correctly.

As an aside, I actually sat on a plane and watched a baggage handler remove a coloured lanyard I'd attached to my black suitcase and put it round his neck. No value but the fucking cheek was galling.

per anum

wonder what the punishment is.......hopefully its stiff!

dawg73

It's often occurred to me that it would be so easy to take someone else's bag off the luggage carousel (no, I've never done it!)  I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often, especially with the influx of not so quality tourists you get these days.

jocky king
On 19/01/2019 at 20:00, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Glad the barsteward has been caught. I try and get to the carousel as quickly as I can, and stand right next to where the bags emerge. The chances of getting your bag nicked are slim, the chances of somebody picking up the wrong bag are higher.

Good idea .... must do that from now on and also one of the poster said , put all the valuables ( cash + jewelry + cameras) in a carry bag . 

Love to see that cunt on video , would kick his ass on Soi Buakhao from klang to tai .. 555 .. it is sentimental and principles value he is stealing from . A lot worse than ordinary shoplifter and a bank robber . 

vimto66
10 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Another one.

Dont suppose you know the outcome, hope he got duly punished, knowing he did a bit of time in jail will go down nicely!

Taa_Saparot
9 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Dont suppose you know the outcome, hope he got duly punished, knowing he did a bit of time in jail will go down nicely!

German thief, 39, caught stealing British woman's suitcase from airport baggage carousel
 1 day ago

A German tourist has been arrested after he stole a British holidaymaker's suitcase from an airport baggage carousel.

Michael Joerg, 39, was seen on CCTV lifting the woman's black medium-sized case onto his trolley before wheeling it away at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, Thailand, on December 13.

The victim told airport staff that her case was missing and they identified the thief from surveillance cameras.

He left the airport in a taxi and an arrest warrant was issued.

Joerg was finally detained after he tried to leave the country through a border checkpoint in Trat, southern Thailand last Saturday (January 19) more than a month after the crime.

Officials detained the German and he was driven back to the airport where he confessed to making off with the British woman's suitcase.

He told police that he had performed the same theft several times before and would ''sell the valuables and keep the money''.

He said: ''This is the first time that I have been caught.

I have stolen suitcases before and then left and re-entered the country to do it again.''

Joerg told police he had always targeted dark suitcases that were hard to identify.

Police believe that is how he had evaded capture in the past.

The German now faces charges of ''stealing from an airport'' which is punishable with a prison term of between one year and five years and/or a fine of between 20,000 baht and 100,000 baht.

Barhop
4 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Joerg told police he had always targeted dark suitcases that were hard to identify.

I have unique stickers/transfers on all my luggage.

gazman

Would be nice If they stole a suitcase with drugs and got searched!

Dazza118
On 19/01/2019 at 13:05, nekkid said:

I've wondered about using an RFID tracker on luggage or some other device I can link to my phone.

Has anyone tried them?

(Though I was thinking about when using the train in the UK and leaving a case on the baggage rack at the entrance to the carriage rather than airport worries.)

I get this. I'm always more concerned with my luggage on a train.

vimto66

Good outcome, if i was a victim me i`d want him to serve a five year term and the maximum fine, he wouldnt do it again.

Taa_Saparot

Another one ..

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1746299/canadian-arrested-for-stealing-luggage-at-suvarnabhumi-airport

Canadian arrested for stealing luggage at Suvarnabhumi airport
PUBLISHED : 9 SEP 2019 

c1_1746299.jpg

A Canadian woman was arrested on Monday for stealing other people’s luggage at Suvarnabhumi airport.

Kittipong Kittikachorn, the deputy general manager for Operations Group 1 at Suvarnabhumi airport, said that Heather Leslie Berg was arrested on Monday as she and her husband were about to board a flight out of the country.

The arrest followed a police investigation into thefts at the baggage claim counters at Suvarnabhumi airport on Aug 27. Ms Berg was seen in security camera footage of the airport’s arrival hall taking other passenger’s luggage.

Police then tracked her movements and waited for the couple checked in for their flight to North America before making their move.