Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Transferring my retirement visa to a new passport

hellyes2oo2

I am going to the uk(Isle of Man) in may for 2 months, and as i will need a new passport in September i thought about renewing it while i am there. How will i go about transferring my retirement visa to my new passport. Or would it be easier to just do it when i get back to Thailand via the British Embassy. Thanks in advance for any help.

Easily done at Jomtien Immigration....get your new passport in the UK and together with your old one pop over there,its free and you pick it up them up day after.......:ThumbUp6:

p.s. don,t forget a re-entry permit before U go back to the UK.

16 minutes ago, petermik said:

Easily done at Jomtien Immigration....get your new passport in the UK and together with your old one pop over there,its free and you pick it up them up day after.......:ThumbUp6:

p.s. don,t forget a re-entry permit before U go back to the UK.

Can you clarify about the re-entry permit, is this a stamp that goes in the existing passport? if it is then that passport won't be valid when he arrives back in Thailand as he is now on his new and clean passport which he got while in the UK.  I'd have thought easier to get from the British Embassy then they would give him a letter regarding the Visa for Immigration.

If he does not get a re-entry permit his retirement visa will be null and void.

In Thailand the British embassy  have nothing to do with passports, they have farmed all this out to an independent company in Bangkok.    Look on internet for details or go to Keyvisa website for more info.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the help guys. I have decided to go to the Isle of Man for xmas and New Year, and let my current visa expire while i'm there (it runs out on 12th Jan 2020), and then when i get back here in late January 2020, apply for my new retirement visa, and that way also don't need to bother with re-entry permit. Can anyone tell me what paperwork my wife needs to get her uk visa. The only other thing i'm worried about is last time i took my wife was 15 years ago, at that time I still owned property in the Isle of Man, so it wasn't a problem. This time we will be staying with my son at his home. I now live here full time and have done for several years now, but i keep my sons adress for several reasons, one being so that i still get my yearly pension increases, and also in the island we get a 40 pounds a week supplement on the standard pension, because the cost of living is higher than mainland England. I know that last time the embassy contacted immigration in The Isle of Man, and i had to give a name of someone who would stand guarantor and agree that if anything happened, and we couldn't pay our way, he would pay. This time as i say we are staying with my son, and he will be the guarantor, but apart from my pension, I have very little in the way of savings in my bank account in the island, and was wondering if that would present any problems. Thanks in advance for any help.

36 minutes ago, hellyes2oo2 said:

Thanks for the help guys. I have decided to go to the Isle of Man for xmas and New Year, and let my current visa expire while i'm there (it runs out on 12th Jan 2020), and then when i get back here in late January 2020, apply for my new retirement visa, and that way also don't need to bother with re-entry permit. 

It's a lot easier to renew a "retirement visa" than to get a new one.

However, if you do need to get a new one, my understanding is that you will find it a lot easier if you start by getting yourself a Non-Immigrant "O" Visa based on retirement whilst you are in the UK. If you have a state pension, it is easy.

1 hour ago, hellyes2oo2 said:

Thanks for the help guys. I have decided to go to the Isle of Man for xmas and New Year, and let my current visa expire while i'm there (it runs out on 12th Jan 2020), and then when i get back here in late January 2020, apply for my new retirement visa, and that way also don't need to bother with re-entry permit.

It sounds as if you are very confused about what a ‘retirement visa’ is.

From what you’ve said, you’ve been living in Thailand for quite some time? Presumably, you’ve got a new Extension of Stay based on Retirement each year? This is not a visa! The visa will be what you used to enter Thailand originally - however many years ago it was.

If you let your current Extension of Stay expire when you are out of the country then you cannot simply get a new Extension. You have to start all over again with a new Visa. 

How will you re-enter Thailand? Just on a 30-day Visa Exempt stamp?

More information is needed to be sure, but I think you need to change your plans.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

14 hours ago, davidge said:

If you let your current Extension of Stay expire when you are out of the country then you cannot simply get a new Extension. You have to start all over again with a new Visa. 

True and if you exit LOS without a re-entry permit  you will also have to start over.

7 hours ago, Bazle said:

It's a lot easier to renew a "retirement visa" than to get a new one.

However, if you do need to get a new one, my understanding is that you will find it a lot easier if you start by getting yourself a Non-Immigrant "O" Visa based on retirement whilst you are in the UK. If you have a state pension, it is easy.

If you dont have State Pension just show £10,000 in a UK bank for 3 months.

"

For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, OR 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 “

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Archived