IGNORED

Undecided (recommendations)

Denzel

Can't decide between D hotel and bay breeze hotel for my trip. Also quite fancied March hotel and flipper lodge. This is only by reading reviews on here as I'm a newbie. What would you recommend out of the ones mentioned? And also is there any other ones I'm missing with a similar budget? Preferably with pool and Wi-Fi.

any idea where you want to spend the majority of your time? bay breeze is nice due to easy access to 2nd road & buakaow and therefore bath busses in all directions you're quickly in central festival, metro, chaiyapoon, Walking Street, Soi 6 etc. and beach road is also easily walkable. if you will spend a lot of time on the 6, March hotel is best choice (and from all i hear a great hotel with amazing value).

i've never been to any of the 4, but all have good reviews. i would personally not go to flipper lodge just due to its location. (too far from metro, chaiyapoon). all other are solid choices for me personally.

my personal rating would be bay breeze > march / d hotel > flipper lodge. (but as i said, i have never stayed at any of the four). 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I haven't stayed at any of these but I have been looking at Bay Breeze for my upcoming trip.

This looks the better option I believe compared to the others mentioned purely for location.

D hotel & Flipper Lodge would also be good choices. I think that March hotel and April Suites, though they may be good hotels aren't in a good location for me.

March is my favorite of those, but as a first timer, probably I’d choose based on location, 1. Bay Breeze. 2. D hotel. 3. March ...... not Flipper. D Xpress requires a fair walk down the street from D hotel, ie the location isn’t as good. And while March is the nicest of those, it’s location isn’t nearly as convenient to LK Metro .  I would suggest 1 or 2. Personally I would take Bay Breeze because I often use nearby Retox for sports, Guinness, and grub.

I have stayed in the D hotel and have just booked it for May. After staying in many other hotels I have come to see that th D hotel is very good value for money and location wise it can’t be beat for my needs. 

I would book it up and enjoy your trip.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Just stayed in the March hotel and couldn't fault it.For the money it is fantastic value think I paid £26 at Christmas.But if you want to get anywhere quickly you will have to hop on a bike so a few more baht.But if you know your directions to places you can walk to Soi 7 Soi 6 Soi Bukhaou in about 10/15 mins.Location wise I prefer Bay Breeze, stayed in a renovated room last year and it was very good.This time I stayed at Acqua which has a posh ambience, doorman jumping to attention etc.Room is bit small though, but at least it gets you out and about.Didn't rate D hotel as being as good as the others, not in the same class as March and Acqua.

As a Newbee in Pattaya and where you want to spend your time I would say Bay breeze because of location.

D-Hotel is pretty far up soi buakhao and any girl you want to bring back home would require either 2 baht busses and a walk from 2 RD to soi buakhao or motor taxi.

But its a nice hotel I checked it out last time and will be moving there even though I always stayed at Areca Lodge but price vs. quality Areca is starting to lose out as they havent renovated the rooms.

I will suggest you search for hotels in Pattaya Central look at the map and choose one close to LK Metro Area.

247 boutique hotel could also be a hotel you would find great.

Areca could be great if you find the right offer as their Pool facility is amazing.

1 important thing on D-Hotel they do not offer "food" breakfast. But if that is not important to you then no issue.

PS D-Hotel is known as "monger" hotel for many of the girls. I spoke with a couple of girls I know last time and said I was consider moving there next time in town and they laughed and said Single mans hotel 555

I love Bare Breasts and Cunt In Pattaya - ℹ️ 😍 🥧

Yes for a first time visitor you can't go wrong with Bay Breeze it's a solid choice.24/7 has a good rep but very near to the dirty massage shops "sexy man" non stop, they forced me upstairs on 3 occasions last week with their pestering! 

24/7 is great, but they're currently charging ~1700thb / night and that's imho slightly too expensive (and clearly a level above the 4 hotels mentioned in OP). they have / had a "chinese new years" special (directly on their website) with 45% off for february, so you paid 1090thb / night ++ , but nearly all dates are sold out. but i've booked it for some nights myself, great choice at that price. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been looking at the Acqua hotel and just wondering if the roof top pool or sun loungers actually get any sun because from the pictures I have seen it looks like it has some sort of roof / canopy cover the sun loungers?

Any info would be much appreciated

Cheers

there are two two separate buildings and therefore 2 roofs and afaik they are still not connected at the top. on the right one (if you're standing in soi honey looking at acqua) are lounge beds and they are fully in the sun. on the left is the pool area and yes, i think you're quite often in the shade. i am sure you will find a spot that has sun most of the time by dragging the deck chair around, but the majority of the chairs is covered by a small canopy, as you say. (also, depending on time of the year, the sun will be behind the base towards the end of the day). 
caveat: this is all just by looking at it from 247 rooftop (and a quick image search). i don't think i'm wrong, but well, stranger things have happened before :)

imho: assuming you get 247 boutique hotel for the price mentioned in my last post, it's really not worth the price difference to book at Acqua

• 5 months later...

Cheers boys, booked up again and going for a bit longer so on an even lower budget, didn't feel the need to make a new post but what's people's views on the eastiny hotels? There's a couple on soi 8 that seem to look good value for money, if anyone has stayed at any of them before?

I stayed at the Baybreeze a month ago

At 1100b per night.

Good food available from the restaurant at decent prices.

Great location and helpful staff who did a colour copy of my passport when I was only asking where a copy shop was.

Pool is decent but you either go completely in the shade or completely unstated.No parasol when I was there.

Guest friendly but reception didn't call me to check when my guest left.

Shower was over the bath if that bothers you.

My friend stayed in Flipper 20+ Times, 

Last year April he moved to Suppamitr Villa hotel where I stayed after 2 days, he said the service had gone downhill alot and the rooms were getting old (I thought the same about Suppamitrs rooms so not sure how bad they were) Flipper does have a great rooftop pool with a bar up there, and the location is great.

Archived