IGNORED

Pig & Whistle what's happening?

one of my favorite restaurant for my days when I need good falang food is the pig & whistle soi 7 and has been a stable of my visits for years. I was there in august and did notice a smell of damp and mold in the front area  but thought  every restaurant has there off days and sure it will get fixed soon enough.  My loyalty to the old girl and fond memories of the past saw me through I suppose.  ( I am the last remaining member of a crew of 6  who first came to pattaya and still visits and we would eat quite a lot at the P&W always good food and good thai menu for the girls and have fond memories of us all eating around the bay tables sharing the laughs from the previous night adventures)

I went again this holiday and my god the smell of mold and damp was intolerable in the front area.  I am not sure how anybody can eat in such an environment. not sure f it was the aircon or a more serious underlying issue. I had to leave and I have quite a strong constitution when it comes to eating. Basically I can usually eat anywhere . but this was just to much

basically gutted that somebody has let this (imho) great institution fall in its standards. Surly a business cannot keep going like this and can't understand why nobody seems to care. Such a solid little business that could probably keep going for another 20 years giving somebody a tidy income if looked after

I told the waitress I had to leave due to the smell and she looked at me like I was mad. She walked over to where we sitting and started sniffing like she could not  smell anything.. looked up at the aircon , shrugged her shoulders and walked away as if she could not smell anything 

Now I a starting to think I was mad,   has anybody else been put off by the smell or does anybody know what happened for it to deteriorate like this?  

I stopped going to Rosie’s next door because of the smell. Thought it could have been coming up from the drain cover near the door? Maybe Pig has a similar issue.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Last year, I finished my meal, sitting at the front, and a rat ran over the back of the seat in front of me ..couldn't believe what I had seen ..

Oh dear I’ve just booked Rosie’s for April.    Was ok for breaky  last year...

tell  me I haven’t stuffed up

1 hour ago, T-T-T said:

I told the waitress I had to leave due to the smell and she looked at me like I was mad. She walked over to where we sitting and started sniffing like she could not  smell anything.. looked up at the aircon , shrugged her shoulders and walked away as if she could not smell anything 

Now I a starting to think I was mad,   has anybody else been put off by the smell or does anybody know what happened for it to deteriorate like this?  

She might of got used to the smell.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

5 minutes ago, storytime said:

Wasn’t her wasit?

57 minutes ago, keepitfun said:

If you live near Werribee you’ll probably be used to it.

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

If you live near Werribee you’ll probably be used to it.

Aaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

To be honest these old English style pubs for some do nearl always have a kind of musty smell to them thinking if the Queen Vic and the Butchers. Don’t get me wrong I’m not making out they are smelly holes just to say they seem to have a certain old pub odour.

Pig and whistle been rubbish for years,won't be long before a developer comes in I suspect 

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Afraid the Pig & Whistle has slowly been going down hill for a couple of years now, i can remember the good old days there at certain times you had to wait for a table to become vacant it was that busy, But these days that does not happen anymore and as everyone knows soi 7 & 8 is in general  decline these days, but i have not eaten in Pig & Whistle now for 2 years or so and cannot comment on it's condition but as someone has said he seen a rat in there that's very off putting and i certainly won't set foot in there again if that's the case.

I eat in P&W Jomtien regularly and it’s fine.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

I eat in P&W Jomtien regularly and it’s fine.

Yes i`ve visited a few times last couple of trips, a step up from P&W soi 7, although it is newer of course.

To the op, i too used to come with a group and we`d eat here regularly having a good laugh about our escapades etc, and just stuff in general.On my last few visits i`ve noticed its slow demise, it appears to have gone on a downwards spiral ever since the owner died a few years ago.

3 hours ago, Czmate said:

To be honest these old English style pubs for some do nearl always have a kind of musty smell to them thinking if the Queen Vic and the Butchers. Don’t get me wrong I’m not making out they are smelly holes just to say they seem to have a certain old pub odour.

That's because when we used to war with the french they used to chew garlic and rub cheese around their cock to make us English puke our guts up, in retaliation we would piss on our trousers for a couple of days then go to france overwhelming them with the  stench, making their eyes water so much they couldn't see where they were going.

So the smell in English pubs is where we've kept that tradition.

4 hours ago, storytime said:

I used to work on a garbage truck on school breaks when I was young. The first week I almost threw up every day, but after that I felt nothing at all.

So I am with 'storytime' here.

Only ate in there once last trip July/August for breakfast, can’t remember any bad odour tbh,but went in the back way and sat near the tv screen at the back. 2 full English and shrimp fried rice for the lad. No complaints food wise, but to be honest we only went because central advertising open at 10.00 am but meant 11.00. Used it a lot during the years, but there are likewise places nowadays and probably chearper too.

9 hours ago, keepitfun said:

went to rosies after I left P&W it was fine..  

Maybe they have blocked the drains with all the knocking down of buildings that is going on around there.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 11/01/2019 at 16:46, storytime said:

Probably smells good compared to the meals she eats outside next to a gutter. 

8 minutes ago, jiz said:

Probably smells good compared to the meals she eats outside next to a gutter. 

I wasn't disregarding the waitress, the food sold by vendors are very good, the business itself my not realize they're losing customers because of a problem. The owner or manager should see this, if not it may be because the owners  not checking or leaving someone in charge who isn't managing, bad management like to blame workers.

On 12/01/2019 at 15:06, T-T-T said:

went to rosies after I left P&W it was fine..  

Nothing wrong with Rosie’s I have a meal there at least once a week .

The P&W next door different ball game ,used to be the best for British food.

But has been shite for at least 6/7 years

I had the very worst fish and chips I have ever eaten there in December.  Never again.  Abosolutely horrible.

Joker...

Archived