IGNORED

Wine selection

reefdiver

Hi looking for advice regarding bottle wine selection. I know central festival has a reasonable range but are there other places to check out. I'm off to Khao Lak for a week and little options available there and I'm not going south to Phuket first. Cheers.

Depends on what price points/styles you have in mind?

In Pattaya probably best selection at all prices in Villa Market followed by Friendship and Foodland. Wine Connection at the Avenue (so close to Villa) also has some different stuff.

Best Supermarket at the dolphin roundabout has generally better prices but not so much selection at the higher end.

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 08:04, Kanga said:

Best Supermarket at the dolphin roundabout has generally better prices but not so much selection at the higher end.

The liquor store on the north east corner of 2nd Rd and Pattaya Klang also has wine. I find their prices to be a little lower than others on liquor. I also think the name is Best Supermarket.

I have picked up a few bottles of pretty good white wine at the Villa Market in the Avenue.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

If you’re in Jomtien at any point, Poseidon Wine Cellar just inside Jomtien Complex has a climate controlled storage area for their wines. They sell to take out as well as for the restaurant. Not a huge selection but some nice wines. Also, if you’re feeling adventurous, the local Silver Lake winery has a shop on the other side of Jomtien Complex next to Tinnie’s.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

I also think the name is Best Supermarket.

It is but I think a smaller selection than the other - my view could be out of date as I have not bothered to look for a while :)

Thanks everyone for providing info. I found good selection at villa markets and at wine selection shop next door. I bought a few Aus and NZ bottles.

On 09/01/2019 at 22:31, davidge said:

If you’re in Jomtien at any point, Poseidon Wine Cellar just inside Jomtien Complex has a climate controlled storage area for their wines. They sell to take out as well as for the restaurant. Not a huge selection but some nice wines. Also, if you’re feeling adventurous, the local Silver Lake winery has a shop on the other side of Jomtien Complex next to Tinnie’s.

Also if in Jomtien take a look in Foodmart , surprised me you did not mention it david my mate as I know you have spent a lot of time in that area.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived