IGNORED

Bali Café on Soi Buakhao

Evil Penevil

On 07/01/2019 at 21:09, Dazza118 said:

I agree. In Indonesia Nasi goreng is like 15000 IDR ( 80p )  No way would I pay these prices Evil had paid

15k rupiah is more like 35baht if I may correct it.

Just now, AseanConqueror said:

15k rupiah is more like 35baht if I may correct it.

Eh. 35bht and 80 English pence is pretty level.

3 minutes ago, jpmelville said:

Eh. 35bht and 80 English pence is pretty level.

My bad.i read it as 80b.

Cheers

• 4 months later...

This place has closed, currently emptying it out, apparently spent 5m baht on it

15 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

This place has closed, currently emptying it out, apparently spent 5m baht on it

Has both branches closed?

Has both branches closed?
No idea, this thread is about the Bali Cafe by action street

Just now, Scuba+ said:

yeah somebody told me  on wednesday  it was in darkness (the buakaow one) and it looked shut yesterday afternoon

i went past today. all cleared all shutters closed. it's done

On 16/06/2019 at 21:14, striderman said:

i went past today. all cleared all shutters closed. it's done

petermik   

petermik

I,ve said on this forum many times.......soi Buakhow is the most price sensitive area in Patts.....a graveyard for most businesses....sorry to be cynical once again but this place will not survive 

On 05/01/2019 at 17:01, striderman said:

it's rare i pass by other than afternoons but i've never seen it busy. doubling the size, i don't know about the wisdom of that

i too had a feeling this was a financial money pit waiting to happen. the 2 units have both had quite a few different efforts by asstd owners and none had lasted more than a few months. this one lasted just over 6 months as the double size and about 9 months since the single unit started.

i have lots of pics but there are so many cos the units changed hands so often it's simply too much rummaging in my photo collection. 

next one please................

14 hours ago, fforest said:

I,ve said on this forum many times.......soi Buakhow is the most price sensitive area in Patts.....a graveyard for most businesses....sorry to be cynical once again but this place will not survive

Price sensitive maybe, but it can also see through pretentious crap quite quickly.

On 18/06/2019 at 16:10, fforest said:

petermik   

petermik

On 19/06/2019 at 07:03, Taa_Saparot said:

Price sensitive maybe, but it can also see through pretentious crap quite quickly.

the "see through pretentious crap" is that the stuff that tastes like Nasi Goreng 5555 ........been down south again (monthly trips) and returned yesterday and noticed today the Bali Cafe has gone....I don,t take any pleasure in predicting business closures but I,ve been living in the near vicinity for the past 5 years and as I mentioned above about pricing in and around soi Buk.....there are far too many establishments fighting to make a living and when a new place opens up I take a look at what they are asking pricewise compared to the opposition....you don,t need to be a rocket scientist to make my above comment,sometimes I wonder what business strategy goes on in the minds of some folks choosing this area.....still this is life here and my guess is another business will move in with high hopes of making pots of money.....bloody good luck I say....bloody good luck :WhoSaw1:

Archived