IGNORED

Visa Advice please

Gilles27

I am a German citizen and have a multiple entry 6 month tourist visa. I entered for the last time on the last valid Visa date. This gives me time now until the beginning of February. During my time here I always left in time to neighbor countries before my 60 days were (by air). But basically I have spend most of the 240 days in Thailand. Can I get a single entry Visa in Laos after my days expire here or are there any obstacles because I almost spend 8minth hete already?

I appreciate your comments. Thanks

There’s no firm answer.

From reports, Savannakhet and Penang seem to be the most favourable Consulates to get a visa.

They may issue one with no questions, they may say you’ve spent too long in Thailand and refuse. If you get a visa, Immigration may still refuse you entry because of the amount of time you’ve been in Thailand in the last 12 months or you may be fine.

You really won’t know until you try.

You are really mis-using the visas though. They are tourist visas for people to visit regularly, not long stay visas to live in Thailand. It’s more likely you’ll have problems because of this but plenty of people get away with it.

If you really plan on staying in Thailand more or less permanently, you may be better trying to find a solution that makes it easier, though I appreciate options may be limited if you’re under 50, not married to a Thai and don’t have the money for an Elite visa.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thanks for the comment. I do not plan to stay here longer I plan to go back to Germany end of March.

Just now, Gilles27 said:

Thanks for the comment. I do not plan to stay here longer I plan to go back to Germany end of March.

If you have that flight booked, then have a print out of the booking with you. If you are questioned about your plans it ‘might’ help to be able to show a definite departure date. You may have no problems anyway.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

You should be ok with 1 tourist visa though. Certain consulates have an issue if you have multiple single entry tourist visas (i think 3 back to back can cause refusal to give another from the same consulate). Some consulates are more difficult. From memory PP Cambodia or Vientiane Laos are ok.

Alternatively you can get a 30 day visa exempt from a border run, then extend 30 days at Jomtien, that should bring you to end of March. Work out the exact days so you aren't short and an overstay.

Only allowed 2 visa exempts in a calendar year is what the agency tells me, i assume the border people have told them

On 04/01/2019 at 17:32, Gilles27 said:

I am a German citizen and have a multiple entry 6 month tourist visa. I entered for the last time on the last valid Visa date. This gives me time now until the beginning of February. During my time here I always left in time to neighbor countries before my 60 days were (by air). But basically I have spend most of the 240 days in Thailand. Can I get a single entry Visa in Laos after my days expire here or are there any obstacles because I almost spend 8minth hete already?

I appreciate your comments. Thanks

Yes should be able to with what below says you need to try not positive myself.But why would you go to loas better getting a extension for 30 days in jomtiem then to a visa run to cambodia for the half a day it takes for same result barely leaving pattaya.

Sound like you didn't want to go to neighboring countries by air and the cash isn't stopping you by flying to get your new stamp. .Could have done  visas runs it only take 9 hours max there and back. and also want to stay longer if you not 50 for a retirement one go to a agent get a education visa and learn thai you dont even have to go to school if you pay extra.

On 04/01/2019 at 21:00, davidge said:

There’s no firm answer.

From reports, Savannakhet and Penang seem to be the most favourable Consulates to get a visa.

They may issue one with no questions, they may say you’ve spent too long in Thailand and refuse. If you get a visa, Immigration may still refuse you entry because of the amount of time you’ve been in Thailand in the last 12 months or you may be fine.

You really won’t know until you try.

You are really mis-using the visas though. They are tourist visas for people to visit regularly, not long stay visas to live in Thailand. It’s more likely you’ll have problems because of this but plenty of people get away with it.

If you really plan on staying in Thailand more or less permanently, you may be better trying to find a solution that makes it easier, though I appreciate options may be limited if you’re under 50, not married to a Thai and don’t have the money for an Elite visa.

i am not positive but education visa is one option .

Not sure of the names of others besides the elite.but think the is one for investing or buying property. and business visa just get the op to by a bar.

Edit found this https://iglu.net/long-term-visa-options-thailand/

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Archived