IGNORED

Lobster feast, where?

Monger D. Luffy

If you're willing to go a bit further than usual, I personally think the best seafood restaurant in Pattaya is Loong Sawai, located right at the end of Jomtien Beach Road. Just go down Jomtien Beach Road until you can't go any further as the road swings around inland to the left, and the restaurant is right in front of you. Great location, right on the sea. And very popular with Thais, especially at weekends.

Just 200 yards up the road is the Phu Pen seafood restaurant (easy to spot as there's a giant plastic crab outside) , but I've always preferred Loong Sawai and I'm told that nowadays Phu Pen is popular with the Chinese tour groups. A good business strategy for the owner maybe, but pretty much guaranteed to turn farangs right off. I've never seen any Chinese parties in Loong Sawai.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lungsawai+Seafood/@12.8603044,100.8959997,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xe4d776c85bde095e!8m2!3d12.8603044!4d100.8959997

On 05/01/2019 at 21:57, robert said:

Both times a last night treat over $100 and over 6 lbs, they cut it up and we sat in the back by the water 

100USD is about 3200B. "Over 6 pounds" is about 3kg. So that would be around 1000B/kg. Painted lobster costs about 2000B/kg uncooked in Makro, and often costs 2500B/kg elsewhere, so I dont quite see how that can add up. Also I've never seen a painted lobster as big as 3kg in weight, though I dare say they do exist.

I would be very surprised if they served real lobster in WS for just 1000B/kg. I suspect that it was rock lobster, which costs about 400B/kg in Makro (for big ones).

On 06/01/2019 at 14:17, Autoroam said:

Isn't a lobster just an overgrown prawn?

They are all fairly similar species, but flavour does vary between the varieties as does the amount of meat you get. Also some types of lobster have very big claws, and some don't.

Most lobster aficionados would probably prefer cold water lobster from the NE of America/Canada and similar places, rather than lobster from warm waters such as we get here. I certainly would. Same applies to prawns.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 15:17, Autoroam said:

Isn't a lobster just an overgrown prawn?

A prawn is a midget lobster

Please remember to like and subscribe.

1 hour ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

A prawn is a midget lobster

A Lobster is a giant prawn.

:Dance1:

Archived